Thai scooter tales - add yours

Posted (edited)

Successful (*see below) ride on the Click160 up to Rayong province yesterday, arrived at destination just ahead of planned 5am for a running event beginning 6am. 

Mostly on highway 3399, quiet in early morning wouldn't have been more than ten other vehicles until we neared Prasae. Have cycled this route often but first time without pedals. 

Return journey a temple stop at Phang Rad, then took the long way home, nearer the coast, a cafe stop at Khung Wiman.

Washed off the road dust last night - bought in December and still waiting for rain this is the only time it gets wet.

*Checked pressures and found a piece of steel in the rear tire and down to 18, slow leak.

Today's task get that repaired.

Sunday temple, Wat Tha Makok, Phang Rad, Rayong 

spacer.png

Edited by gomangosteen

Air pressure!

Checked after MrsM had air put in the Fino tyres on Saturday ... this is a new record of over-inflation, I always check - rear was 72psi, front just 58psi.

I don't think so!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Holy guacamole,  wouldn't want to hit too many potholes at that psi. 

But I've heard of people putting 110psi in as well.  Crazy dangerous. 

main-qimg-5d293602b5c5f3b3458eea189d7b24ff.jpg.7781e027abc92149bb6c677bde4ec944.jpg

DSL model ... just close your eyes ... :coffee1:

Puncture, tubeless rear tire

Local places 'dont' do tubeless' so called Honda in Chanthaburi city where I bought the bike in December, pickup arrived and I took a ride approx 20km with bike on the back, went for a wander at Lotus the around the lake then collected the bike

300b total - wasn't sure what to expect have only had tube repairs previously.

And I checked - inflated to 32 according to my gauge - not 62!

24 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Puncture, tubeless rear tire

Local places 'dont' do tubeless' so called Honda in Chanthaburi city where I bought the bike in December, pickup arrived and I took a ride approx 20km with bike on the back, went for a wander at Lotus the around the lake then collected the bike

300b total - wasn't sure what to expect have only had tube repairs previously.

And I checked - inflated to 32 according to my gauge - not 62!

That's one thing I like about here.  Inexpensive repairs.  In NZ they no longer do the plug repairs. They have to take the tyre off and repair from the inside. 

Naturally it costs a small fortune. I found a gun on Aliexpress that puts an arrow shaped silicon/rubber plug into the puncture. 

It's a step up from the previous plug type as the arrow head is inside the tyre and forms a better seal. 

But at only 400 baht over here for a repair... Don't need it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Korat Kiwi said:

That's one thing I like about here.  Inexpensive repairs.  In NZ they no longer do the plug repairs. They have to take the tyre off and repair from the inside. 

Naturally it costs a small fortune. I found a gun on Aliexpress that puts an arrow shaped silicon/rubber plug into the puncture. 

It's a step up from the previous plug type as the arrow head is inside the tyre and forms a better seal. 

But at only 400 baht over here for a repair... Don't need it! 

They didn't plug - that's what I expected as I've seen them used on tubeless bike (the pedal type) tyres. 

The tyre was removed and a patch repair put on the inside. 300b, turns out the pickup service was free as I'd bought the bike off them only six months ago.

Didn't get to see what they removed, usually get it presented to me at bill-payment time as 'proof' (like the dentist offering me my extracted tooth last month)

Life's full of surprises.

• Thumbs Up 1

I ordered this 6000w electric scooter(Felo FW07) at the recent motor show here and received it last week.   Before the motor show I had previously test drove it on the motorsport park track near Suvarnaphumi was happy with the acceleration, brakes, and handling around the track.  It is able to get me from Bang Yai Nonthaburi to downtown Bangkok and back easily on a charge which was the main ability I was looking for.  It also doesn't look that goofy.    It has type 2 charging so it can share the wall charger I use with my plugin hybrid Volvo.  The biggest minus for me is probably the storage space. There is barely room for paperwork under the seat.     Later this year I will probably pick up a used Yamaha TMax 560 to complement it and allow for longer trips with a better bump absorbing suspension.

IMG20240503145355.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Dust said:

I ordered this 6000w electric scooter(Felo FW07) at the recent motor show here and received it last week.   Before the motor show I had previously test drove it on the motorsport park track near Suvarnaphumi was happy with the acceleration, brakes, and handling around the track.  It is able to get me from Bang Yai Nonthaburi to downtown Bangkok and back easily on a charge which was the main ability I was looking for.  It also doesn't look that goofy.    It has type 2 charging so it can share the wall charger I use with my plugin hybrid Volvo.  The biggest minus for me is probably the storage space. There is barely room for paperwork under the seat.     Later this year I will probably pick up a used Yamaha TMax 560 to complement it and allow for longer trips with a better bump absorbing suspension.

IMG20240503145355.jpg

Looks decent...     How big is it ?... ie.. would a 6 footer look like a bear on a circus tricycle ?

No storage, which is why I ended up going from a 'normal motorcycle' to a scooter in the first place (convenience)... but that could be overlooked - this thing looks fun !!! 

What is the top end speed ??  

Edited by richard_smith237

2 hours ago, Dust said:

IMG20240503145355.jpg

That's not a bad looking EV I must say. 

As for the TMax... You'll love it.  I've had an older 500 and my eldest son has the 530.  Very smooth and peppy maxi-scooters.  Not many 2nd hand 560s here but if you hunt around you might be lucky. 

Wish I had my BMW C600 over here. Another great scooter. 

I'd like to get my hands on one of these Surron Light Bee.  Made in China but on Aliexpress most of them are shipped from Brazil. 

But expensive at around 180k baht tho. Prices vary according to battery and power output. They look fun. 

Purple_480x480.webp.aede80dfa551816e5cba5019189646fb.webp

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

... 130 kph

image.png.e0e65a409efac8a17b167b707dc49350.png

That'll do the trick..  no real need for anything fast than that at all.... 

My next 'run around' scooter will be an EV it seems... 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That'll do the trick..  no real need for anything fast than that at all.... 

My next 'run around' scooter will be an EV it seems... 

125 kph

did an edit with more accurate info

If not needing top end or range, then take a peek at DECO Motorcycles

Less expensive 

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

125 kph

did an edit with more accurate info

If not needing top end or range, then take a peek at DECO Motorcycles

Less expensive 

With government subsidy it currently is discounted to about 150.  Still a little more than a 150/160cc ICE scooter but fully worth it for me. 

IMG20240508194646 (2).jpg

1 minute ago, Dust said:

Can these posts get moderated and deleted if they are reported? They aren't helpful. Every time there is a discussion of motorcycles and scooters on thai forums here and on other forum websites there are posts like these. Do they just hang out in motorcycle forums just waiting until someone posts something that gives them an opportunity to get attention by saying how unsafe they are? 

Lighten up sunshine! 

I ride too and don't mind a laugh now and then. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Lighten up sunshine! 

I ride too and don't mind a laugh now and then. 

I apologize I didn't notice you were the same person adding a legitimate post above it.  Every time I post about motorcycle and scooters in a forum there are always  someone that just wants to tell me I have a death wish or that should buy a car or crotch rocket if I want a real bike. I tried to delete the post but I once. I noticed but I can't figure out how to delete here or if you can. 

Edited by Dust
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Looks decent...     How big is it ?... ie.. would a 6 footer look like a bear on a circus tricycle ?

No storage, which is why I ended up going from a 'normal motorcycle' to a scooter in the first place (convenience)... but that could be overlooked - this thing looks fun !!! 

Others have posted the top end speed. I've attached the specs from the manual.  If you can't read it let me know what measurements you'd like to know. I'm well below 6ft so it makes it hard for me the gauge what a six foot person will look like on it.   I will probably find a way to add some extra storage container to the back.   The torque is probably what makes this fun for me. At 336nm its over 150nm more than a Suzuki Hayabusa.  You can find some recent videos of it on youtube is you search FW07.  

IMG_20240508_203308.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dust said:

I apologize I didn't notice you were the same person adding a legitimate post above it.  Every time I post about motorcycle and scooters in a forum there are always  someone that just wants to tell me I have a death wish or that should buy a car or crotch rocket if I want a real bike. I tried to delete the post but I once. I noticed but I can't figure out how to delete here or if you can. 

Not a problem. I think once someone has added a post you can't go back to yours and amend or delete. 

I hear what you're saying tho. I like any bike, big or small but nowadays I prefer a bit more comfort. 

Bikers never want to give up riding. A car has its purpose but it's not the same. Sure you got to be extra careful in Thailand but it doesn't mean you have to stop.  I won't. 

And that EV is pretty impressive. Like you said, I'd like a bit more storage too. 

All good 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

Impressive storage, & you can really stuff it.

41625068aa8_1092417148462389_2576685770542748614_n (3).jpg

Great story. I do miss my time from up there and Mae Rim.  It's an easy place to scoot around. 

Lots of alleyways in the city that allow you to get where you want with less traffic. 

I hope the finish that darn cable project soon.  Must be a bit of a pain, hopefully no one else falls into one of the holes! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/8/2024 at 4:16 PM, Dust said:

IMG20240503145355.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1