Has anyone had their O/S Netflix (family account member) disabled recently?

Kenny202

Been using my Aussie sons Netflix family member account for the last few years. Did read about 6 months ago they were going to restrict family members in foreign countries.

Thought they must have overlooked me but sure enough today, my account as a family member disabled, no real explanation. Did have a select box are you traveling so I am guessing

this means the issue is me being in another country

I have the same issue, no access on my TV's but surprisingly i have access on my PC. My son in the UK is looking into the problem but it may involve me signing up and paying for it myself.

18 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I have the same issue, no access on my TV's but surprisingly i have access on my PC. My son in the UK is looking into the problem but it may involve me signing up and paying for it myself.

I think I read somewhere that password sharing was only being blocked on TVs and not on computers, tablets and phones. Can't find that article now, however.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I think I read somewhere that password sharing was only being blocked on TVs and not on computers, tablets and phones. Can't find that article now, however.

That would make sense as to why i can view on my PC. My son in the UK is going to sort out for me as i'm a bit of a com dino, if he has to set up a new account for me so be it and i'll happily pay the 419bht for the premium package.

Thanks for your helpful post.

5 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

That would make sense as to why i can view on my PC. My son in the UK is going to sort out for me as i'm a bit of a com dino, if he has to set up a new account for me so be it and i'll happily pay the 419bht for the premium package.

Thanks for your helpful post.

But a review of the articles I can find indicate that computers, tablets and phones are also subject to the ban on account sharing. 

I think this is being implemented country by country based upon the main subscriber's location and not all countries have been added yet.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I have a problem now, 2 tv's same house, 'My' TV no problem, the one in the Wife's room is a hand me down from a friend that died, 

One night my missus had been watching Netflix for weeks, then out of the blue will no longer connect to Netflix, whatever I do to try to re-set it it won't. Laptop no problems can use it anywhere. 

44 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

But a review of the articles I can find indicate that computers, tablets and phones are also subject to the ban on account sharing. 

I think this is being implemented country by country based upon the main subscriber's location and not all countries have been added yet.

My PC is working ok but my TV's not.

Edited by Pumpuynarak

19 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

My PC is working ok but my TV's not.

Use a HDMI cable from your computer to your TV and use that to watch Netflix and anything else you can watch on your computer such as YouTube AD FREE.

Netflix informed the world over a year ago that they were going to start cracking down. That the account is to only be used at your address. That you can no longer share your account with friends & family that are located all over the world. Basically each household has to have their own account. Yes, if you have your account on your laptop, you can view Netflix anywhere, as they look at it that you are traveling or on vacation. However the email account holder might receive an email asking if this is you. There were a lot of people out there cheating the system and Netflix just finally wised up and is putting a stop to it. Sorry, no more freebies, if you want their service you now have to pay for it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I signed up to wizztv which gives you most of the English language Netflix and a whole lot more so you could maybe consider that. But my missus and her daughters of course prefer Thai audio, I'm happy to read English subtitles it doesn't bother me (and I pick up a bit of Thai) so I just subscribed to the entry level Netflix from here for 170/month. Still looks great on my large screen tv.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dexxter said:

Use a HDMI cable from your computer to your TV and use that to watch Netflix and anything else you can watch on your computer such as YouTube AD FREE.

Thanks for that but my TV's are in my lounge and bedroom upstairs, my PC is in my mancave so not really practical. I'm just going to take the easy way out and sign up to Netflix Thailand and pay the 419bht per month.

I haven't had any problems as of yet. Last week I was watching NETFLIX in the Philippines (on tablet) while my gf was watching here in Thailand on TV. Not a family account. 2 users on the account (1 password) 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 5:26 PM, Kenny202 said:

419 THB a month subscribe to Netflix, fastest and best package 🙂

Well i tried to set up Netflix 419bht per month on my phone here in Thailand and i was doing fine and then they asked for my debit card details,

I then realised that my Bangkok Bank account ATM card is not a debit card as it does'nt have my name on it.

I'm going to Bangkok Bank this morning to hopefully get a debit card, does anyone know if i will be able to get one ? TIA

If i can't get one then no doubt i will have to buy the Gift card 500bht from 7/11 but i don't really want to go down this route.

Edited by Pumpuynarak

22 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i tried to set up Netflix 419bht per month on my phone here in Thailand and i was doing fine and then they asked for my debit card details,

I then realised that my Bangkok Bank account ATM card is not a debit card as it does'nt have my name on it.

I'm going to Bangkok Bank this morning to hopefully get a debit card, does anyone know if i will be able to get one ? TIA

If i can't get one then no doubt i will have to buy the Gift card 500bht from 7/11 but i don't really want to go down this route.

Your Bangkok Bank card is a debit card. The card may be locked for online use, in which case you will have to ask the bank to unlock it.

13 minutes ago, Sophon said:

Your Bangkok Bank card is a debit card. The card may be locked for online use, in which case you will have to ask the bank to unlock it.

Thankyou, but Netflix is requesting my name as it appears on the card and card number. My name does'nt appear on the card.

What am i to do ?

Edited by Pumpuynarak

21 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thankyou, but Netflix is requesting my name as it appears on the card and card number. My name does'nt appear on the card.

What am i to do ?

Just type your first and last name.

Edited by JayClay
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

and thats exactly what wifey said lol but i've just realised by looking at the card that we have another problem. The card number is missing two numbers which have been worn away by frequent use. So its off to Bangkok Bank anyway 🙄 

• Haha 1

Happened to me some time ago as I was sharing and paying for Netflix on my daughters account.

We live in different countries.

Daughter has now cancelled her Netflix account after discussions with me.

We both access the Netflix content on other platforms in a much higher quality than we had with Netflix and for a minimal fee.

Seems like in our case the Netflix password sharing crackdown has backfired.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/26/2024 at 7:04 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

What am i to do ?

On 4/26/2024 at 7:25 AM, JayClay said:

23 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

and thats exactly what wifey said lol but i've just realised by looking at the card that we have another problem. The card number is missing two numbers which have been worn away by frequent use. So its off to Bangkok Bank anyway 🙄 

Well i got a new debit card at BB without my name on it, the guy that dealt with me speaks a little English and said no Thai banks put your name on a debit card. Sure enough you were right, when i got home i set up a Netflix account and put Netflix on my smart TV by just entering my full name where requested. 

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Thumbs Up 1