Russian Businessman Arrested for Alleged Assault, Illegal Weapons

webfact

3 hours ago, Lopburikid said:

I thought it said his GF reported him for sexual assault and threatening her with a firearm. hardly a grass.

Even though she has been sexually assaulted and threatened with a firearm, SHE is the one who reported him - therefore a "grass" - granted not a nice description but :- 

"Definition. a person who informs, usually on criminals. (British, slang)"

(In this particular case, it would appear that "victim" could be substituted for "person", but let's test a conspiracy theory:- 

Girlfriend has been "bought" from a bar, and falls out with the boyfriend over money, so says she has been sexually assaulted. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but are sexual favors not what bar girls provide? The fact that he has  firearms all over the place gives her an "edge" so she "grasses" him up?

Personally, I'm glad they caught him, the only Russians (or any other foreigner) that have firearms shouldn't be here - their country is at war, and if he has such a liking for firearms I am sure that nice Mr Putin could find him a job?

Edited by sambum

6 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

How do you work that one out Kwilco that the Brits get longer visas? we get a 30 day on entry Russians get 90 days soon down to 60 still double what Brits get.So explain how we get longer visas.

13 hours ago, kwilco said:

As said, the Brits and Americans have much longer visas - and a very "vclose" relationship with the local immigration - a lot is dealing with the local Chao Pho - so yes there is a mafi element. THey also have a culture of carrying  or possessing firearms.

OK - back on topic! You probably don't realise that the UK has far stricter gun laws than the US, yet you "tar us with the same brush". The UK does NOT have a culture of carrying or possessing firearms! 

Did you know (of course you'll say "Yes"!) that in the UK only specially trained police are allowed to carry firearms, and they have to sign them out when they are needed, and hand them back in again after the "incident". Not so in the US where ALL police are armed, and it would appear that the same applies to Thailand - hence the rogue policemen losing it and going out of control. 

Edited by sambum

18 hours ago, frank83628 said:

do you think he is fighting Ukraine alone? you know the war could have ended 2 years ago right, saved a whole tonne of lives, but no, uk & US kept it going!

Yes if, everyone could have surrendered........That was your fanboy's ploy....😘

Hitler thought similar, oh how wrong he was because the FREE came together, then he was burned, literally........:clap2:  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, sambum said:

OK - back on topic! You probably don't realise that the UK has far stricter gun laws than the US, yet you "tar us with the same brush". The UK does NOT have a culture of carrying or possessing firearms! 

Did you know (of course you'll say "Yes"!) that in the UK only specially trained police are allowed to carry firearms, and they have to sign them out when they are needed, and hand them back in again after the "incident". Not so in the US where ALL police are armed, and it would appear that the same applies to Thailand - hence the rogue policemen losing it and going out of control. 

It’s difficult to know if it’s worth replying because everything you post shows a huge lack of understanding of what I posted in the first place so it’s unlikely you are ever going to get it…

“How do you work that one out Kwilco that the Brits get longer visas?”

It doesn’t take much to work that out as in my initial post = “In particular they should be looking at ex-military retirees,  who settle on military pensions and don't drop their fascination for firearms - many look on it  a "right"

You may get thirty days but the rest of us have B and O visas with work permits that last for years.

The UK does NOT have a culture of carrying or possessing firearms!”

No but the military do – and again that’s who I’m talking about (see above)… so does Thailand.

The rest of your post is irrelevant apart form the fact that if you have a “close” relationship with police or other gun “enthusiasts” in Thailand it is very easy to continue your “hobby’.

I don’t think you know much about Thailand do you? 

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Yes,  I wonder if 'ordinary' Russian people ever questioned just how many millionaires were created, almost overnight when the supposedly almost bankrupt communist system collapsed. They were most likely gangsters before that event and it seems a relatively small number of them carved up previously national assets.

I doubt many Oligarchs have decided to move their 'Superyachts' to Thailand but as with all gangsters, they have their lieutenants who carry out their dirty work. I think its a fair bet that its those lieutenants that are flocking to Thailand - the outcome is predictable.

Great move from the inept, cash is king Thai government - give Russians longer visas, lay on special flights for them, etc. etc. They complain about the number of Western criminals that make Thailand their home - they ain't seen nothing yet!

russian super yachts - https://www.autoevolution.com/news/russian-billionaires-amazing-floating-chalet-docks-in-thailand-the-new-superyacht-haven-193785.html

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

It’s difficult to know if it’s worth replying because everything you post shows a huge lack of understanding of what I posted in the first place so it’s unlikely you are ever going to get it…

“How do you work that one out Kwilco that the Brits get longer visas?”

It doesn’t take much to work that out as in my initial post = “In particular they should be looking at ex-military retirees,  who settle on military pensions and don't drop their fascination for firearms - many look on it  a "right"

You may get thirty days but the rest of us have B and O visas with work permits that last for years.

The UK does NOT have a culture of carrying or possessing firearms!”

No but the military do – and again that’s who I’m talking about (see above)… so does Thailand.

The rest of your post is irrelevant apart form the fact that if you have a “close” relationship with police or other gun “enthusiasts” in Thailand it is very easy to continue your “hobby’.

I don’t think you know much about Thailand do you? 

Firstly, “How do you work that one out Kwilco that the Brits get longer visas?”  was not from me, so address your reply to the correct person, please.

Secondly, you highlight a point about visas and then prattle on about the ex military and firearms, as if that somehow makes a "gun culture", while completely ignoring my comments about the strict firearms laws in the UK.

Thirdly, in Thailand, from what I have heard over the years (19 coming on 20, by the way), MANY Thai families have unlicensed firearms, and  many people are getting shot because of "loss of face (e.g.somebody honks a car horn at them!) Now, THAT is a gun culture!

Similarly, I feel that any further discourse with you on this subject is pointless, so don't waste your time by concocting a reply which would no doubt be of the "baiting" type, but if you really NEED to have the last word - go ahead - be my guest!  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, sambum said:

Firstly, “How do you work that one out Kwilco that the Brits get longer visas?”  was not from me, so address your reply to the correct person, please.

Secondly, you highlight a point about visas and then prattle on about the ex military and firearms, as if that somehow makes a "gun culture", while completely ignoring my comments about the strict firearms laws in the UK.

Thirdly, in Thailand, from what I have heard over the years (19 coming on 20, by the way), MANY Thai families have unlicensed firearms, and  many people are getting shot because of "loss of face (e.g.somebody honks a car horn at them!) Now, THAT is a gun culture!

Similarly, I feel that any further discourse with you on this subject is pointless, so don't waste your time by concocting a reply which would no doubt be of the "baiting" type, but if you really NEED to have the last word - go ahead - be my guest!  

Reply not worth the effort - you are just rambling now to v=cover up your intial nonsense

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

555 So now they're moving their entire operations to Thailand.

Breaking News!

Putin annexes Phuket.

there's a problem with most countries wanting to repossess or impound oligarchs' property

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Good they got this piece of scum off the streets, however, what a shame they do not address the same problem with their own Nationals with the same zeal, and news exposure.

They do.

Try reading the Thai press and online sites.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, transam said:

Yes if, everyone could have surrendered........That was your fanboy's ploy....😘

Hitler thought similar, oh how wrong he was because the FREE came together, then he was burned, literally........:clap2:  

there were talks on the table in 2022, you know what 'negotiations' mean right? so the sides come together and... negotiate a deal.... potentially end of the war, end of people dying, (thats good thing right?)

however BoJo put a stop to it so never know what could have been drawn up.

• Confused 1

On 4/26/2024 at 10:18 AM, sambum said:

Even though she has been sexually assaulted and threatened with a firearm, SHE is the one who reported him - therefore a "grass" - granted not a nice description but :- 

"Definition. a person who informs, usually on criminals. (British, slang)"

(In this particular case, it would appear that "victim" could be substituted for "person", but let's test a conspiracy theory:- 

Girlfriend has been "bought" from a bar, and falls out with the boyfriend over money, so says she has been sexually assaulted. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but are sexual favors not what bar girls provide? The fact that he has  firearms all over the place gives her an "edge" so she "grasses" him up?

Personally, I'm glad they caught him, the only Russians (or any other foreigner) that have firearms shouldn't be here - their country is at war, and if he has such a liking for firearms I am sure that nice Mr Putin could find him a job?

So your saying its ok to rape and sexually assault girls/women so long as you have paid the bar fine. I would say she is a VICTIM not a grass.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

So your saying its ok to rape and sexually assault girls/women so long as you have paid the bar fine. I would say she is a VICTIM not a grass.

I'm not saying that at all, (I did say it was a conspiracy theory!) but IF (and I stress the word IF) she was a bar girl who was bought out of a bar, the surely sexual favors were part of the deal, and if suddenly she reneged on the deal (possibly after she'd been paid, because some of these girls ask for money up front) then maybe the "punter" got aggrieved and wanted to get what he'd paid for? And "rape AND sexually assault"? She didn't claim rape -  just sexual assault, which could mean a myriad of things), but to be honest, the reason why the police took the case so seriously, was because she mentioned there were firearms involved, and as it turns out they were correct.

But let's test another conspiracy theory. As I said in one of my previous posts, if she was  indeed his girlfriend, and he decided to call it a day, then as it says in the proverb, 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned", so she decided to inflict some kind of revenge on him?

However, there is also the strong possibility that he was  guy who like bossing his girlfriend around - he had guns, a luxury BMW sedan, a Ducati motorcycle, and a pickup truck, so maybe she thought that she was entitled to a bit more than he was paying her, and he refused to pay any more?

All of the above is pure conjecture, and it is only her word against his regarding the sexual assault, and if they were in a long term realtionship (boyfriend/girlfriend scenario) I tend to think that sex was part of the arrangement, but GUNS? Because he LIKES them? As well as a luxury car and luxury motor cycle and truck? A lethal combination in my opinion, and I am pleased that he has been caught, "grassed on" -  whatever you care to call it, another piece of Russian garbage bites the dust, and the world is a better place for it!

On 4/25/2024 at 2:52 PM, kwilco said:

It's not just Russians - take a look at other nationalities - some Brit and American "retirees" hold the same mentality.

Is that so? And how do you know that?

Who are they? Why not name them them?

Just being a little bit petulant and bitchee -scratch your eyes out mentality?

Nobbers do that

And where do you come from lady? 

33 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Is that so? And how do you know that?

Who are they? Why not name them them?

Just being a little bit petulant and bitchee -scratch your eyes out mentality?

Nobbers do that

And where do you come from lady? 

What sort of answer would you expect? I think your response, a weird combination of sealion, ad hom and gibberish, rather precludes you from this discussion,  doesn't it?