Schoolchildren are converting to Islam 'out of fear' in German schools: Study warns

Social Media

On 4/27/2024 at 1:31 AM, newbee2022 said:

There have been many warnings before. 

However, those were stamped as "Islamophobic".

And the former President was stating, that Islam belongs to Germany.

It was unfortunately not even a joke!😵‍💫

On 4/27/2024 at 2:19 AM, Pouatchee said:

fear mongering posts like this stupid post need to be backed up with links and proof otherwise fake news

"

Western politicians should stop pretending that extremism and terrorism have nothing to do with Islam. There is a clear relationship between fundamentalism, terrorism, and the basic assumptions of Islamic orthodoxy. So long as we lack consensus regarding this matter, we cannot gain victory over fundamentalist violence within Islam.

Radical Islamic movements are nothing new. They’ve appeared again and again throughout our own history in Indonesia. The West must stop ascribing any and all discussion of these issues to “Islamophobia.” Or do people want to accuse me — an Islamic scholar — of being an Islamophobe too?"

https://time.com/4930742/islam-terrorism-islamophobia-violence/

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, radiochaser said:

"

Western politicians should stop pretending that extremism and terrorism have nothing to do with Islam. There is a clear relationship between fundamentalism, terrorism, and the basic assumptions of Islamic orthodoxy. So long as we lack consensus regarding this matter, we cannot gain victory over fundamentalist violence within Islam.

Radical Islamic movements are nothing new. They’ve appeared again and again throughout our own history in Indonesia. The West must stop ascribing any and all discussion of these issues to “Islamophobia.” Or do people want to accuse me — an Islamic scholar — of being an Islamophobe too?"

You might add that there are extremists not only in Islam but also in Christian religions. 

And if students in a school would respect the Koran more than German law it's an indication that integration was a failure.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

You might add that there are extremists not only in Islam but also in Christian religions. 

And if students in a school would respect the Koran more than German law it's an indication that integration was a failure.

When you write "you might add", I assume you mean the generic form of "you".

Where might those extremist Christians be that are practicing terrorism against others because they are not Christians?   The continent of India, Africa, the Middle East?
What of Christianaphobia ?  Is there any of that around do you think?

Edited by radiochaser
  • Confused 1

"

what does your post have to do with the op?

• Agree 1

When you write "you might add", I assume you mean the generic form of "you".

Where might those extremist Christians be that are practicing terrorism against others because they are not Christians?   The continent of India, Africa, the Middle East?
What of Christianaphobia ?  Is there any of that around do you think?

Sorry, but with this comment you disqualified yourself for any reasonable discussion.

If you focus yourself on reading and understanding in the future your life will be much easier. 

(I did not talk about Christians being terrorists, nor about Africa or India...but students in Germany)

I don't know what makes you writing such incoherent stuff😵‍💫)

Anyway, good Luck with your life. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/27/2024 at 5:19 AM, Social Media said:

Ultimately, there is a collective determination to uphold German values and ensure that all students feel included and respected in the school environment.

It's already too late.

The West has fallen.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Sorry, but with this comment you disqualified yourself for any reasonable discussion.

If you focus yourself on reading and understanding in the future your life will be much easier. 

(I did not talk about Christians being terrorists, nor about Africa or India...but students in Germany)

I don't know what makes you writing such incoherent stuff😵‍💫)

Anyway, good Luck with your life. 

Why would my comment disqualify myself from a discussion?   Would it be that you refuse to participate in a conversation with me?  If so, why not be up front and admit it?

OK, so I deviated from country of Germany and brought in other continents where there is an extremist Muslim contingent that attacks Christians for not being Muslim.  That alludes to someone, someplace, alluding to students converting to islam out of fear.  Fear of what?  In that comment I read, fear of being terrorized and attacked for not being Muslim and so students convert to Islam to prevent the terror and attacks. 

As to reading and understanding.   Did you not read and understand what the Islam scholar said in his interview, which I posted along with the link to the article, "Western politicians should stop pretending that extremism and terrorism have nothing to do with Islam."

Perhaps my writings are incoherent to for you, as you may suffer from what you have accused me of.   I have seen that accusation before from asean now posters.  Usually when it is apparent from reading and understanding the discussions, that the accuser does not agree with or like the posted comments.   

And ...  is that "good Luck with your life", like that alleged Chinese curse, "May you have a pleasant life"?  😁

My life is pretty good right now.   No worries about income.   Two homes here in the U.S. of A. that are paid for, 2 condos in Thailand that are paid for.  Although the third home I was going to have built at a predicted $350,000.00 cost before the covid attack on humanity, has now escalated to over $1,000,000.00 due to inflation in the cost of building materials and labor. Wife and I don't consider that cost worth the value in the neighborhood where it was going to be built.   If it were in another area of Pennsylvania, then it would be extremely cheap compared to the homes around it.   So my wife's dream home will not be built, so sad! 😪

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

what does your post have to do with the op?

It's alluding to the reason that students may be converting to islam.  Muslim extremism.  So they would be accepted by the extremist faction of the muslim population and not be terrorized and or attacked by the extremist for being infidels.  
Someone alluded to the students reason for converting to islam may be out of fear.   .

57 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

It's alluding to the reason that students may be converting to islam.  Muslim extremism.  So they would be accepted by the extremist faction of the muslim population and not be terrorized and or attacked by the extremist for being infidels.  
Someone alluded to the students reason for converting to islam may be out of fear.   .

that was newbee2022  so maybe address him regarding this. i called him out for fear mongering... maybe make sure you are replying to the member concerned rather than me

Just now, candide said:

The OP, which has a misleading title, is from a B.S article in the Daily Mail, which was a distortion of another B.S. article in the Bild Zeitung. There is no evidence of students converting to Islam by fear in Germany, except for an anonymous member of security forces cited in the BZ article. The study mentioned doesn't claim that.

I don't believe it either....🤔

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2024 at 10:43 PM, fvw53 said:

According to Shlomo Sand, professor history at Tel Aviv University,  after the Roman Empire strenghtend its grip on Palestine, the local population largely converted gradually to Christianity and after being conquered by the Ottoman Empire their descendants largely converted to Islam.

The six million Palestinians did not come from a spaceship

I wonder about this. The Roman Empire didn't go Christian until around the 4th Century, then Islam arrived in the 7th. Afterwards some areas were retaken by Crusaders periodically, so how does it make sense that from the 16th Century the Ottoman Empire played a role in converting Palestinians to Islam. Those who were going to convert had already done so from the 7th Century on. Additional conversions from Christianity probably took place over the centuries from intermarriage.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 7:38 AM, radiochaser said:

"

It's good to remember that all three Abrahamic religions can birth terrorists, even state terrorism.

It would make sense for these religions to deal with extremism internally.

Edited by placnx

On 4/27/2024 at 12:02 PM, WDSmart said:

So, what's new? People are most often forced into joining a religion out of fear.

I guess ppl are worried because it's the country who was participating in all the world wars, and now this religion change. I can't say I'm worried about this, but I'd prefer they choose buddhism or smth 😀

• Agree 1

On 4/27/2024 at 12:07 PM, bradiston said:

I wonder what native Australians and native Americans said when white man turned up on their shores. Bloody immigrants. All they want is everything they can make money out of. Send 'em back, I say. And let them take their revolting diseases with them!

Your comment has nothing to do what this post is about

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2024 at 4:58 AM, placnx said:

It's good to remember that all three Abrahamic religions can birth terrorists, even state terrorism.

It would make sense for these religions to deal with extremism internally.

The point that I took away from the muslim scholar's interview is, not that all three religions can birth extremists or terrorists, it is that which I copied and pasted, i.e. "Western politicians should stop pretending that extremism and terrorism have nothing to do with Islam."  Which happens a lot here in the U.S. of A. from one of it's major political parties!:
"

Radical Islamic movements are nothing new. They’ve appeared again and again throughout our own history in Indonesia. The West must stop ascribing any and all discussion of these issues to “Islamophobia.” Or do people want to accuse me — an Islamic scholar — of being an Islamophobe too?""

32 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

The point that I took away from the muslim scholar's interview is, not that all three religions can birth extremists or terrorists, it is that which I copied and pasted, i.e. "Western politicians should stop pretending that extremism and terrorism have nothing to do with Islam."  Which happens a lot here in the U.S. of A. from one of it's major political parties!:
"

Radical Islamic movements are nothing new. They’ve appeared again and again throughout our own history in Indonesia. The West must stop ascribing any and all discussion of these issues to “Islamophobia.” Or do people want to accuse me — an Islamic scholar — of being an Islamophobe too?""

It should be contextualized by the fact that Islam is not homogenous and that there are streams which are more extreme and more dangerous than others. That's particularly the case of the Salafi version of Islam, which has .brainwashed most Islamic terrorists. This is well observable in Africa. The African versions of Islam have traditionbaly been rather moderate. The recent rise of terrorism in Africa is rather well correlated with the expansion of Salafism, financed by S.A. Personnaly, I'm for banning Salafi mosques.