Angry reactions as foreign couple's car crash leaves injured rider abandoned in Phuket

snoop1130

It is very difficult to judge but it seems like the bike rider had plenty of time to stop and avoid the collision. Having said that, it is never right to leave the scene of the accident when someone is injured. 

That Twitter account is trying to cause trouble. They said he didn't check on the injured motorcyclist but cut the clip seconds before that would have happened. They also say "Farang again". He knows what he's doing. Btw, driver doesn't look European to me but it's hard to tell.

Having said that the drivers didn't look too interested in the  injured driver when the exited the car. Many Thai people behave this way to when they get into accidents too (slowly come out of the car and look around cautiously, notice the injured rider but inspect the car first etc...)

• Agree 1

I have seen this so many times in Thailand it isnt funny.

It is no surprise people would be angry if one party leaves the scene.

But one watch the video and read and listen to the explanation 

" At fault didnt signal " just shows that Thais dont have a clue reason the media reports are shown and only adds to the problem of their driving.

The vehicle regardless of race of driver had 95% completed and taken the right away from approaching vehicles yet this moron at speeds well over the limit crashes into the vehicle as if it was never there.

In many cases police will come see it is a foreigner unable to explain language even if they could the police not a clue as to their own law nor does court Thai are from the same driving system in general.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

it happens often here. in bkk a few years back it started to rain really hard a few hundred meters from my destination. as i was getting to a turn i tried to start turning before i was slow enough to. was only going about 10 or 15. due to heavy rain and too fast into the turn the bike went down and me with it. ended up about a half foot from a black benz. the driver put the power window down looked out at his car to make sure i didn't hit him. he then put the window up without saying a single word to me and drove off. 

I came off my bike in a heavy storm a couple of weeks ago at about 10pm. A large tree branch came down across the road and I hit it. I was not going very fast at all - it was as black as the earl of hells waistcoat; but I was thrown across the road. Lying there stunned and battered, feeling like I had gone 3 rounds with Mike Tyson. Two cars pulled up, one each side of the site, and sat their watching me from about 30 metres away. I was able to drag myself into the gutter. They sat there watching for 20 minutes or so until a "rescue pick up" arrived and took me to hospital. No one got out of either car - mind you it was still raining quite hard!

By contrast, the "rescue crew" were excellent. They took me to hospital, contacted my daughter and even recovered the damaged bike.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, AustinRacing said:

A few comments above suggest biker’s fault. Seriously? Bike is going straight, car is turning right. Speed is irrelevant. The car must wait until it is safe to turn. 

that would be true but Thailand doesn't enforce any road rules whatsoever so everyone has given up long ago on such ideas. If you expect cars to stop for you and yield you will get hit with 100% certainty.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, willr said:

Point is you don't turn into oncoming traffic,and look twice to gauge speed.

speed is the main cause of this accident. had the bike been going slower he probably would of had enough time to react properly to the other bad driver.

both drivers made stupid choices here.

Bike going too fast.. It's  scary  being a passenger with any Thai driver, when I'm a passenger in my  (Thai) wife's Car  I see the Car in front  Brake lights come on, for the next 3 or 4 Seconds  my Mrs still has her foot on the Gas pedal until I shout BRAKE, yes she's watching the road &  her sight is normal  under other  conditions,     it  just seems   their Brain does'nt register quick enough as seen in this accident...

52 minutes ago, 1duckyboy said:

At least the car drive observes local customs, doing a runner after the accident.

what runner ? 2 people got out of the car after.  or is there a longer video showing them leaving the scene ? 

Edited by stoner
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

phuket.jpg

A video circulating on social media showing a foreign couple neglecting a motorcyclist they hit with their luxurious car in Phuket, Thailand, has led to public outrage. The incident occurred on April 25, when the couple, driving a white Mercedes Benz, made a right turn without signaling, causing a collision with an oncoming motorcyclist.

The impact threw the motorcyclist across the car, and he later fell on the road. Thankfully, he was wearing a helmet, which likely saved him from a serious head injury. Instead of checking on him, the foreign couple focused on inspecting their car's damage, seemingly disregarding the injured individual.

The vicinity of the accident is believed to be around a Vivi Hotel in the Rawai district of Phuket, according to a Thai social media user. The couple are suspected to have been hotel guests there.

The video generated significant responses from Thai social media users after being posted, which resulted in over 3,900 reactions and 500 comments. Many users expressed their resentment towards the couple's behavior.

The news coverage does not provide further updates about whether the couple helped the injured motorcycle rider or if they are facing charges for their actions.

Photo: twitter / X

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-04-26

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Track them down and let justice proceed🙏

25 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I agree with you and it's almost as though the reporters ' get off ' on the fact it is a foreign driver. Xenophobia is well and truly at work here.

Reading the comments on Twitter. "Phuket is basically the land of foreigners." 830 likes and goes on to explain how they're working and taking jobs, Thai's are only the hired help. (yeah that's the law dude!).

image.png.c8d65d6dd4753d5973dcfd19779b1484.png

Then this non-Thai women gets 550 likes with "remember my words, good Farang rarely exist in Thailand".  

image.png.45cb4b674c3faec8f5bd5579c6d98af7.png

It's goes on and on. Thai's are getting pissed in Phuket with mass tourism and I don't blame them honestly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

yay the Thais never do that, they always rush to the victim, comical.

Having checked the injured persons pockets first, 9 IN

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Another careless or reckless  biker ?

Another idiotic farang couple thinking no end of themselves and thinking they can dodge and manage in the reckless and chaotic Thai roads with some fancy car, perhaps rented to show for a week ? Hard to say.

Nobody can really tell for either side.

Hope the bike fellow recovers fast.

p.s. always have a dashcam in Thailand and even better, always be ready to film when dealing with any administratif person behind à counter should it be a bank, immigration or whatever. There seems to be lot of social anger against all farangs who come over, with some social media exhibitionnists loving to flashing their fancy hires cars, money and clothes.

They are not farangs, they are Russians!:)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

yay the Thais never do that, they always rush to the victim, comical.

Having checked the injured persons pockets first, ( in my experience)

10 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Reading the comments on Twitter. "Phuket is basically the land of foreigners." 830 likes and goes on to explain how they're working and taking jobs, Thai's are only the hired help. (yeah that's the law dude!).

Then this non-Thai women gets 550 likes with "remember my words, good Farang rarely exist in Thailand".  

It's goes on and on. Thai's are getting pissed in Phuket with mass tourism and I don't blame them honestly.

Do you live in Phuket?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, stoner said:

some fault needs to be given to the bike who from the looks of it was well over the posted speed limit. 

the car was well into the turn before the bike came into frame. 

B.S., they didn't give any sign!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Xonax said:

Thai drivers very often cut in front of me on the roads, exactly like this Benz did, most likely hoping that I will notice them and brake before I hit them.

Exactly! An experienced driver would have checked before turning. Waited for the road to be clear, and after that make the turn over a lane with oncoming traffic. Such driver would also have been using the blinker to show traffic behind that a turn is to be made.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I wouldn't use Twitter as a barometer, it's a cesspit of anonymity and racism.

Those Thai comments are little different to many on AN about 'immigrants' in their home country. It's not a fair reflection of society.

Without going into right n wrong, it really reflect the intellect of both the foreigners n their understanding of what is the greater loss to them - the damage to the car or the injury to humans .. they are plain stup….🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Well, in Europe bus drivers hate BMW, MB, drivers at most.

good thing this happened in thailand then. but tell me a country that likes bmw and mb drivers. 

Have seen so many of these type of accidents on Thai media,

where you cringe, because you cannot understand why the 

bike rider slams straight into another vehicle without

attempting to take avoiding action, likely because their

eyes were not on the road.

The car driver is to blame.

The motorcyclist's speed is irrelevant here.

The car driver should have attended to the injured motorcyclist as soon as he got out of the car. 

His Mercedes Benz insurance will cover all the expenses while he should add some extra.

2 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

A few comments above suggest biker’s fault. Seriously? Bike is going straight, car is turning right. Speed is irrelevant. The car must wait until it is safe to turn. 

And indicate their intension. 

• Agree 2