Angry reactions as foreign couple's car crash leaves injured rider abandoned in Phuket

snoop1130

The driver definitely should have had a blinker on but by the looks of the speed of the motorcycle and the time from the start of the turn until impact the cyclist could clearly see the vehicle turning but it wouldn't have mattered as he seemed to be speeding based on the other vehicle movement in the video but impossible to tell. They definitely should have checked on the rider first to see how he was.

I had accident earlier this year where a scooter that was well behind me decided to not wait and pass on the shoulder as I was making a left turn with the blinker clear on. Of course it was deemed my fault as the foreigner. I immediately went to the scooter and lifted it off the person but then the locals all came over and physically pushed me away and wouldn't let me near the person to check them, so it can go both ways here. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

But,

it's their government giving Chinese visa-free and Russians 90 days visas etc

I mean Phuket from my understanding is becoming a Russian enclave all encouraged by the Thai government.

They talk about over-tourism, and as soon as it dips, they are pulling all kinds of rabbits out of the hat to get it back up.

What do they want?

More Russians 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

But,

it's their government giving Chinese visa-free and Russians 90 days visas etc

I mean Phuket from my understanding is becoming a Russian enclave all encouraged by the Thai government.

They talk about over-tourism, and as soon as it dips, they are pulling all kinds of rabbits out of the hat to get it back up.

What do they want?

And the Russians and Chinese can stay, nice and quiet.

• Confused 1

I ride a bike everyday in CM. I also drive a car in CM and yes if I hit a guy on a scooter I will check my car first as most likely he cut me off, going wrong way to traffic, no drivers licenses, speeding, pulls into traffic without looking and pulls into traffic expecting me to mover over for him or to yield by slowing down. Sorry I have no sympathy for Thai drivers who ignore safty rules and regs.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Cannot say anything about the woman from this video, but the man is definitely more interested in the car than in the human being he hit just 3 seconds ago. What a disgusting person!

The disgusting person person you are referring to was stationary at the moment of collision. MC not paying attention.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Car's at fault 💯% made a left turn right in front on the motorcycle (who had the right of way). This is undisputable. Even if the bike was over the limit. It wasn't by more than 10 kilo. Idiot foreigner rents a Merc and now is on the hook for damages. Good. Glad the motorcycle rider was not injured. Much to do about nothing. As the rider has not hurt.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The disgusting person person you are referring to was stationary at the moment of collision. MC not paying attention.

And one more sociopath. This is an epidemic!

• Thumbs Up 1

Guess I've been guilty of that, first day new car, indicating a left turn, girl come up on the inside as I make the turn, clips my car, comes of about 10m in front of me, I got out took a quick look at my car, went to see if she was ok, up she gets and rides off into the distance.....luckily she must have just clipped the turned wheel. I went and immediately brought a dash cam front and rear.  

6 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Car's at fault 💯% made a left turn right in front on the motorcycle

Doh. The car turned right, not left. Did you watch the video??????

It seems to me that the main problem here is not whether the motorbike or the car was right, but the fact that two people were involved in an accident where a motorcyclist flew to the ground and their first concern was to make sure that the their car had not been damaged.

Whether they are foreigners, Russians, or something else, and that many Thais would also have behaved in the same way, it doesn't matter: they are two mean people who deserve shame.

15 hours ago, stoner said:

some fault needs to be given to the bike who from the looks of it was well over the posted speed limit. 

the car was well into the turn before the bike came into frame. 

Bike is going straight..regardless of speed.."Camera don't tell lies people does, all the time".......No turning signal, disrespect for on coming vehicle, So the bike is at fault ?...everything goes to the Basic...Simple...rules are made to follow for every one safety. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Instead of checking on him, the foreign couple focused on inspecting their car's damage,

It seems the foreign man has been living here for long time. Isn't it what Thai usually do 🤔 ?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

A few comments above suggest biker’s fault. Seriously? Bike is going straight, car is turning right. Speed is irrelevant. The car must wait until it is safe to turn. 

The biker victim-blaming culture is serious. It's an ongoing joke on social media: biker at fault" even when there is are no bikes involved. 

100% car's fault, the rider is probably going 60km/h. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Abandoned...Really...Weird how the video is cut (on purpose?) not showing what actually happens next . Out of context. ps : the car did not make a brutal turn , rather smooth actually. Guess the motorcycle rider was on the phone while driving with no care at all as often here?

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

Was he up in the air a long time ? Seriously though I hope he is ok . 

Shhhh ! We're no longer allowed to comment on the quality of AI reporting .  But it did amuse me too !

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rumeaug said:

Abandoned...Really...Weird how the video is cut (on purpose?) not showing what actually happens next . Out of context. ps : the car did not make a brutal turn , rather smooth actually. Guess the motorcycle rider was on the phone while driving with no care at all as often here?

I live nearby there and where he is turning is not a soi it's dirt track down to a resort, if there was something coming up which we dont see on the video maybe caused the driver to stop at that point, he wasn't indicating I would have thought the rider on the bike would have seen him across the road, 

12 minutes ago, rumeaug said:

If one care to stop the video just before impact you will see that the car was stationary upon impact.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

16 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Another idiot motorbike rider without a brain. Careless and stupid while on a bike.

What? That is just down the road from my place. What you don’t see in the video is the bend in the road.

A guy turns in front of a bike without signaling and you blame the bike? What happened to only turning across traffic when the road is clear?

SMH

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Another idiot motorbike rider without a brain. Careless and stupid while on a bike.

I believe that the thai netizen outrage isn’t over who’s fault it is, but that the farang checked out the damage to their car before checking out injuries to the moterbike rider.

i’m with the outraged netizens on this one. Who ever is at fault, human life ranks above a freaking car.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

If one care to stop the video just before impact you will see that the car was stationary upon impact.

Stationary and straddling both lanes of the road. Came to a halt no doubt because he belatedly looked up and saw a bike coming in the opposite direction. Should have looked before turning and only turned if there was time to do so, yes?

but in any case, would YOU check out your car damage before attending to an injured person?