Foreigner Breaks Police Lock on Illegally Parked Bike in Phuket

webfact

30 minutes ago, orchis said:

And if someone takes your phone number, he removes what?

Google, meaning Google Voice, once gave me a USA landline telephone number.

Then, Google changed its Google Voice customer policy.

Finally, Google took my USA telephone number.

Now, I have no land-line telephone number in the USA.

Google took my number.

And, I cannot forgive Google for this transgression.

The biggest reason to avoid Phuket is the police. They are a lot nicer in most other parts of Thailand.

My friend once got a parking fine in Phuket, with a chain in his wheel. Of course the parking illegal sign was a loose mobile pole which had been turned away so it couldn't be seen from where the traffic came from. A lot of foreigners got fines that day.

Edited by EdrigoSalvadore

On 4/27/2024 at 11:59 AM, golli said:

Do the crime pay the fine. Would they do this in their own country. I doubt it. Another entitled Epat/ tourist.

I would, used to carry an angle grinder in the boot of my car back in the UK.

Sometimes I randomly removed 'boots' from other cars.

Best not to let anyone video you doing it though, pull your hoodie well up!

On 4/27/2024 at 4:54 PM, paul1804 said:

Parking, traffic rules and most actions associated with driving in Thailand is a shambles, motor bikes park in car designated parking zones, all vehicles park in designated no parking zones, many vehicles park partially on the driving lane and sometimes as much as a meter blocking the lane for traffic to pass. They even sometimes park fully blocking the lane so they can go into a shop to make a purchase! They drive in the wrong direction in 1 way roads sign posted & flashing no entry lights displayed with arrows painted on the road! The entire scenario is a total shambles and all of a sudden in tourist high season the RTP decide to erect No parking signs, chain up bikes and fine people, why would they do this as parking in many tourist areas is often difficult to find. Property owners have also got on the racket and put road cones and barriers in front of their properties which is again just typical stupid Thailand, they dont own the road, its public property and the police do nothing about controlling this. What a joke!

Why do they do it?....guess the brown envelopes have been light the last few months 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/27/2024 at 10:28 AM, webfact said:

a decision that spurred public discussion due to the cutter price being higher than the fine.

The cutter can be used again in the future, thus making it the most convenient choice…😂😂😂

• Agree 1

On 4/29/2024 at 9:59 AM, Ricardo99 said:

Why do they do it?....guess the brown envelopes have been light the last few months 

Yes I suppose that's got a lot to do with it, high season is pretty much over so revenue is down!