Opinion: A Gazan's Plea, How College Campus Protests Are Harming the Palestinian Cause

Social Media

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here is what you said:

If you claim that where are you getting it from? Because its not from former ICJ Joan Donoghue. I watched the full vid twice. She indeed does talk about it which if you had watched it as you claim you would know exactly what she said about it as its specifically relevant. 

Here’s post Brian.

Point out the bit where I mention  anything of what Joan Donoghue had to say on the matter.

It was you who inserted her o to the discussion.

My post does not rely at all on her interview.

48 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The allegations of genocide are under investigation.

The ICJ has issued a ruling detailing what steps Israel must take to avoid the increased risk of genocide, there is little evidence of Israel complying with that ruling.

So your point was based on a false assumption on your part.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s post Brian.

Pint it the bit where I me ruin of what Joan Donoghue had to say on the matter.

It was you who inserted her o to the discussion.

My post does not rely at all on her interview.

So your point was based on a false assumption on your part.

Poor and dishonest deflection when you know as well as I that the ICJ is Joan Donoghue at the time she was there when the ruling was made and also when SA asked for extra measures.

image.png.2ceb695e2aaf5affff0679f65cb7ebe0.png

Again where are you basing your claim that there is little evidence they are complying. Where are you getting this information from? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Poor and dishonest deflection when you know as well as I that the ICJ is Joan Donoghue at the time she was there when the ruling was made and also when SA asked for extra measures.

image.png.2ceb695e2aaf5affff0679f65cb7ebe0.png

Again where are you basing your claim that there is little evidence they are complying. Where are you getting this information from? 

here you go Brian:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2024/02/israel-defying-icj-ruling-to-prevent-genocide-by-failing-to-allow-adequate-humanitarian-aid-to-reach-gaza/#:~:text=One month after the International,bare minimum steps to comply%2C

https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/report-israel-continues-violate-icj-ruling-gaza-enar

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Baseless accusations that have nothing to do with what ICJ said which was:

"Donoghue also said that the lawyers "in the room" in Israel were in the best place to make sure that Israel was complying with the order."

When asked how the planned invasion of Rafah fits into Israel's compliance with the court order, she told HARDtalk that the court had made no explicit ruling on the military operations in Gaza.

"It can't be said that continuing the operation itself violates the order," she said. "But quite clearly, the threats about going into Rafah are why South Africa went back to the court and why the court imposed additional, more precise measures."

I am surprised you missed that seeing as you claim to have watched it. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Baseless accusations that have nothing to do with what ICJ said which was:

"Donoghue also said that the lawyers "in the room" in Israel were in the best place to make sure that Israel was complying with the order."

When asked how the planned invasion of Rafah fits into Israel's compliance with the court order, she told HARDtalk that the court had made no explicit ruling on the military operations in Gaza.

"It can't be said that continuing the operation itself violates the order," she said. "But quite clearly, the threats about going into Rafah are why South Africa went back to the court and why the court imposed additional, more precise measures."

I am surprised you missed that seeing as you claim to have watched it. 

You should read the ruling.

It’s the ruling that is binding on Israel.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You should read the ruling.

It’s the ruling that is binding on Israel.

I've read the rulings, on Jan 26th when it was issued and further to the 28th March when SA returned to court. 

Your claim: "there is little evidence of Israel complying with that ruling."

From a couple of weeks ago:

WATCH: U.S. has no evidence Israel is committing genocide in Gaza, Defense Secretary Austin says

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Tuesday rebuffed arguments that Israel is committing genocide against Palestinians in Gaza

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/09/us-has-seen-no-evidence-that-israel-has-committed-genocide-austin-says-00151241

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I've read the rulings, on Jan 26th when it was issued and further to the 28th March when SA returned to court. 

WATCH: U.S. has no evidence Israel is committing genocide in Gaza, Defense Secretary Austin says

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Tuesday rebuffed arguments that Israel is committing genocide against Palestinians in Gaza

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/09/us-has-seen-no-evidence-that-israel-has-committed-genocide-austin-says-00151241

Why so? Isael do not allow independent journalists and observers to enter Gaza! 

Thats why there is no independent proofs so far

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

My statement was not Israel is committing genocide.

It was the allegations of genocide are under investigation.

AND

The ICJ have issued a ruling requiring Israel to take a number of actions.

There is little evidence that Israel is complying with that ruling.

Refer links I posted.

Argue with what I’ve said by all means, but please desist in this ploy of assuming views or arguments I have not made.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My statement was not Israel is committing genocide.

It was the allegations of genocide are under investigation.

AND

The ICJ have issued a ruling requiring Israel to take a number of actions.

There is little evidence that Israel is complying with that ruling.

Refer links I posted.

Argue with what I’ve said by all means, but please desist in this ploy of assuming views or arguments I have not made.

So you claim to have watched all the BBC version of the interview, I asked you what was said about that specific issue. No, you make claims I will ask you about them, you asking me to desist will not change that.

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So you claim to have watched all the BBC version of the interview, I asked you what was said about that specific issue. No, you make claims I will ask you about them, you asking me to desist will not change that.

I backed my claims up with links.

The BBC interview is one source.

The links are provided are other sources.

I backed my claims up with links.

The BBC interview is one source.

The links are provided are other sources.

You claimed the BBC interview but wont say what was said. Why?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Clearly the ICC doesn't believe the USA or Israel  playing the 3 wise monkeys card 

see no evil, hears no evil, speak no evil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_wise_monkeys

The International Criminal Court is probing Israel's actions in the West Bank and Gaza, independent of other cases at the International Court of Justice, such as South Africa's genocide claims against Israel in Gaza.

The ICC is currently investigating Israel’s actions in the occupied West Bank and the Gaza Strip.

The ICC case is separate from other cases brought against Israel at the International Court of Justice, including one filed by South Africa accusing Israel of committing genocide in Gaza.

https://www.euronews.com/2024/04/29/international-criminal-court-considering-issuing-arrest-warrant-for-netanyahu

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You claimed the BBC interview but wont say what was said. Why?

In the light of the ICJ ruling that Israel must open routes for food and  medical supplies to enter Gaza ‘at scale’, in order to protect the rights of Palestinians against Genocide.

Here’s some more from the BBC:

“Last month the UN Human Rights chief, Volker Turk, accused Israel of a potential war crime because of the food crisis in Gaza. 

"The extent of Israel's continued restrictions on entry of aid into Gaza, together with the manner in which it continues to conduct hostilities, may amount to the use of starvation as a method of war," he said.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68915529#:~:text=Some 30% of children below,UN calls "catastrophic hunger."

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Clearly the ICC doesn't believe the USA or Israel  playing the 3 wise monkeys card 

see no evil, hears no evil, speak no evil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_wise_monkeys

The International Criminal Court is probing Israel's actions in the West Bank and Gaza, independent of other cases at the International Court of Justice, such as South Africa's genocide claims against Israel in Gaza.

The ICC is currently investigating Israel’s actions in the occupied West Bank and the Gaza Strip.

The ICC case is separate from other cases brought against Israel at the International Court of Justice, including one filed by South Africa accusing Israel of committing genocide in Gaza.

https://www.euronews.com/2024/04/29/international-criminal-court-considering-issuing-arrest-warrant-for-netanyahu

I was referring to ICJ not ICC

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

In the light of the ICJ ruling that Israel must open routes for food and  medical supplies to enter Gaza ‘at scale’, in order to protect the rights of Palestinians against Genocide.

Here’s some more from the BBC:

“Last month the UN Human Rights chief, Volker Turk, accused Israel of a potential war crime because of the food crisis in Gaza. 

"The extent of Israel's continued restrictions on entry of aid into Gaza, together with the manner in which it continues to conduct hostilities, may amount to the use of starvation as a method of war," he said.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68915529#:~:text=Some 30% of children below,UN calls "catastrophic hunger."

We can all get links from the BBC and plenty of other places, that is not however the Hard Talk interview where former ICJ President clarifies that it did not decide that the claim of genocide was plausible.

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

We can all get links from the BBC and plenty of other places, that is not however the Hard Talk interview where former ICJ President clarifies that it did not decide that the claim of genocide was plausible.

1. Who has said in this thread that the claims of ‘genocide are plausible’?

2. It’s been how many months since Donoghue was at the ICJ, is what she ruled back then still valid today?

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

1. Who in this thread has said the claims of ‘genocide are plausible’?

2. It’s been how many months since Donoghue was at the ICJ, is what she ruled back then still valid today?

? Who did I claim refuted that?

You watched the BBC interview? Why are you asking me when she left? did you not get a clue when she talked about the Israel lawyers submissions on the 24th March?

Yes of course its valid today until the final decision in a few years time.

Edited by Bkk Brian

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

? Who did I claim refuted that?

You watched the BBC interview? Why are you asking me when she left? did you not get a clue when she talked about the SA lawyers submissions on the 24th March?

Brian nobody in this thread is discussing whether or not the claims of genocide are plausible.

That’s you engaging in your habit of inventing the views of those whose real views you can’t handle.

I’m asking you when Donoghue left the ICJ [Feb 6 2024] because very clearly the information and ruling she is discussing and that you are relying upon relates to events prior to that date.

What she has to say about events prior to Feb 6 have no relevance to events after Feb 6.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Brian nobody in this thread is discussing whether or not the claims of genocide are plausible.

That’s you engaging in your habit of inventing the views of those whose real views you can’t handle.

I’m asking you when Donoghue left the ICJ [Feb 6 2024] because very clearly the information and ruling she is discussing and that you are relying upon relates to events prior to that date.

What she has to say about events prior to Feb 6 have no relevance to events after Feb 6.

Can you link and quote to that?

Edited by Bkk Brian

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Can you link and quote to that?

I just did, this is you doing exactly that:

27 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nobody in this thread has even suggested that the former ICJ President did not clarify exactly that.

It’s not a point anyone is arguing.

I just did, this is you doing exactly that:

Nobody in this thread has even suggested that the former ICJ President did not clarify exactly that.

It’s not a point anyone is arguing.

B.S. You claimed.

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My post here is certainly not an example of that habit you claim I have:

31 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

1 hour ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Antisemitism among the left wing democratic voting students is in full display on campus. No hiding the fact that these students care little for the right of Israel to defend its borders and try to rescue its citizens from the terrorist Hamas rapists.

Then Israel should stay within its own borders and perhaps this might never have happened.

• Agree 1

The students on the left, politically are

being used ! 

Useful Idiots ,indoctrinated to oppose Old culture,Old Ideology,Old customs, Old traditions.

After October 7th many pictures of Hostages ,held captive by Terrorist Hamas ,were put up in cities all around the world ! Organized useful idiots and others were sent out to destroy ,pull down ,delegitimize  these fliers.

Now many masked useful idiots have set up camps, inside campuses  such as THE Peoples University,or Gaza Solidarity  Camp at Columbia.

Still no signs or chants to free the remaining hostages that are kept by 
the Terrorist Organization Hamas.

What ever happened to no negotiations with Terrorist !

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_negotiation_with_terrorists

https://nypost.com/2024/04/28/us-news/columbia-students-celebrate-as-school-officials-promise-no-lockdown-or-evictions-over-anti-israeli-protests/

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1