Opinion: A Gazan's Plea, How College Campus Protests Are Harming the Palestinian Cause

Social Media

What is this some kind of Mossad-psyop..?

As nobody else is standing up for Palestine or the Palestinian people, in the genocide that is currently unfolding, not the media, not any government, how can these peaceful, justice- and morally minded young men and women be 'harming the Palestinian cause'..?

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Antisemitism among the left wing democratic voting students is in full display on campus. No hiding the fact that these students care little for the right of Israel to defend its borders and try to rescue its citizens from the terrorist Hamas rapists.

Oh, that old tripe again.

Every time anyone even mildly critisices Israel, the antisemitism-label immediately follows..

It's nothing but an attempt to censor, silence and kill any serious debate or solution, as how to solve the problems in a fair and balanced manner, that is not 100% in Israels favour...

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

Every time anyone even mildly critisices Israel, the antisemitism-label immediately follows..

It's nothing but an attempt to censor, silence and kill any serious debate or solution, as how to solve the problems in a fair and balanced manner, that is not 100% in Israels favour...

Not tripe.

UPDATE: the man spotted waiving around an ISIS flag and wearing a Hamas headband has been arrested.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There is no genocide going on though , supporting terrorists isn't "moral"

'

More than 40000 Palestinians have been killed by Israel, in this latest violent chapter in a long and violent saga. 90% of them were innocent civilians, children, women and men. That's the very definition of a genocide..

• Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

That is again completely untrue .

Many instances of people criticising Israel and not being labelled as being  anti Semitic 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That is again completely untrue .

Many instances of people criticising Israel and not being labelled as being  anti Semitic 

Take off your israel-biased-rose-tinted glasses, look at the links I gave you, and have a more humanitarian and balanced view of the situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Excogitator said:

Take off your israel-biased-rose-tinted glasses, look at the links I gave you, and have a more humanitarian and balanced view of the situation.

Oh no. You are still widely wrong on figures of civilians killed. 

3 hours ago, coolcarer said:

Not tripe.

UPDATE: the man spotted waiving around an ISIS flag and wearing a Hamas headband has been arrested.

Wow. One person at one site was waving the "wrong" flag and was arrested. Out of how many protestors at how many university campuses.

Does he NOT have the right to protest also?

What has happened to freedom of speech in the USA, and other western countries, come to that?

Freedom of speech US style.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68923528

New York City's Columbia University has begun suspending students involved in a pro-Palestinian protest on campus after they defied a deadline to disperse.

College leaders earlier warned those who failed to disband from the two-week encampment by 14:00 EST (18:00 GMT) on Monday would face disciplinary action.

But as the deadline passed, dozens of students rallied at the site.

In Texas, police arrested dozens of protesters and dismantled their camp at the University of Texas at Austin.

Officials there said protesters had ignored directions to take down their tents.

The college said in a statement that "baseball-size rocks" had been found in the encampment and the "majority of protesters are believed to be unaffiliated with the university".

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Wow. One person at one site was waving the "wrong" flag and was arrested. Out of how many protestors at how many university campuses.

Does he NOT have the right to protest also?

What has happened to freedom of speech in the USA, and other western countries, come to that?

Freedom of speech US style.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68923528

New York City's Columbia University has begun suspending students involved in a pro-Palestinian protest on campus after they defied a deadline to disperse.

College leaders earlier warned those who failed to disband from the two-week encampment by 14:00 EST (18:00 GMT) on Monday would face disciplinary action.

But as the deadline passed, dozens of students rallied at the site.

In Texas, police arrested dozens of protesters and dismantled their camp at the University of Texas at Austin.

Officials there said protesters had ignored directions to take down their tents.

The college said in a statement that "baseball-size rocks" had been found in the encampment and the "majority of protesters are believed to be unaffiliated with the university".

Actually no that was just one example, plenty more but keep that head buried in the sand

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

And before anyone tries to label me an 'anti-semite' and a 'hamas sympathiser'..

I equally condemn the terrorist organisation hamas, and the terrorist-regime of netanyahoo.

Both have to go.

quote from your post.

And before anyone tries to label me an 'anti-Semite' and a 'Hamas sympathiser'..

I equally condemn the terrorist organisation Hamas, and the terrorist-regime of Netanyahu.

Both have to go.

If anyone does label you an 'anti-Semite' and a 'Hamas sympathiser' on ANN here, be proud to be labelled thus.

It means that they have no real answer or solution to the problem, so they have to resort to insults.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Actually no that was just one example, plenty more but keep that head buried in the sand

Don't forget to keep your blinders carefully placed to support Israel only.

Explanation of "blinder".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinkers_(horse_tack)#:~:text=Blinkers%2C sometimes known as blinders,some cases%2C to the side.

Both "blinker" and "blinder" are also used metaphorically to refer to people with an overly narrow focus or inability to see the larger picture. The term can be seen as implying "a limitation or obstruction to sight or discernment".

Edited by billd766
added extra text

4 hours ago, Excogitator said:

What is this some kind of Mossad-psyop..?

As nobody else is standing up for Palestine or the Palestinian people, in the genocide that is currently unfolding, not the media, not any government, how can these peaceful, justice- and morally minded young men and women be 'harming the Palestinian cause'..?

Poor narcissistic, privileged rich kids protesting. 

Why do they not grow some hair in their assess and go over there and help? No, they want to lay around cutting classed and being pampered by the press and the administration. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Poor narcissistic, privileged rich kids protesting. 

Why do they not grow some hair in their assess and go over there and help? No, they want to lay around cutting classed and being pampered by the press and the administration. 

How do you know anything about any of them? You're just generalising, based on your preconceptions.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Excogitator said:

Clicked on link and 

404 - Page not found

2 hours ago, Excogitator said:

And before anyone tries to label me an 'anti-semite' and a 'hamas sympathiser'..

I equally condemn the terrorist organisation hamas, and the terrorist-regime of netanyahoo.

Both have to go.

You do seem to be the only one going on about anti Semites .

Maybe you could stop going on about it ?

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You do seem to be the only one going on about anti Semites .

Maybe you could stop going on about it ?

You seem blind to anything but what supports your own bias..

I replied to a comment about antisemitism, I did not introduce it here.

6 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

32 000 Palestinians have died and 13 000 of those were Hamas members . 

The number of civilians killed is very low for a war , compared to other wars 

2 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

You seem blind to anything but what supports your own bias..

I replied to a comment about antisemitism, I did not introduce it here.

I was referring to your two posts where you bought the subject of anti Semitism  up , for no apparent reason .

You denying being an anti Semite , for np apparent reason, because no one said that you were 

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was referring to your two posts where you bought the subject of anti Semitism  up , for no apparent reason .

You denying being an anti Semite , for np apparent reason, because no one said that you were 

Again, I was not the one who introduced 'antisemitism' here in this thread..

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

32 000 Palestinians have died and 13 000 of those were Hamas members . 

The number of civilians killed is very low for a war , compared to other wars 

From the link I sent you:

'The Israeli army has killed 42,510 Palestinians over the course of its 200-day attack, 38,621 of whom were civilians, including 10,091 women and 15,780 children. The bodies of several thousand are still stuck under the rubble, while thousands remain missing and are presumed dead. These statistics include the killing of 137 journalists, 356 medical personnel, and 42 civil defense personnel.'