6,000 American Sailors Depart Pattaya After Brief Visit

webfact

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

This fleet deployed from San Diego, California in January 2024 for service in the Western Pacific. It appears Thailand was its first break from duty. A fleet commander would be very specific to the ship captains, sailors and officers as to the decorum expected on landing in Thailand for a shore break and the consequences otherwise during the long months back to US. 

I believe it's now a UCMJ offense to pay a bar-fine.  Well, you gotta get caught first.  I find it funny considering DEI and the acceptance of 150+ genders by the Pentagon that they would seek to strip a guy (or gal or whatever) of their rank, half their pay, and confinement for bonking a bar-girl/bar-guy/bar-tranny - well, if you're enlist that is.  But that's today's Navy I guess.  I sure as hell wouldn't have enlisted like I did a whole lot of decades ago in a military environment like this.  But - different times.

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Is that speech before handing out condoms or after?

If condoms were handed out, it's likely they were made in Thailand. Thailand’s export of condoms accounts for 44% of the world's market share. Thailand.prd.go.th

So what's the point of passing them put on ship?

My first time in Thailand was during a Cobra Gold exercise back in the 1900's. I think '81 or '82. Having a splendid time was encouraged back then as long as you stayed out of trouble. IIRC our briefing before being turned loose was something like this.

Don't do anything to add to the population

Don't do anything to subtract from the population.

Don't end up in the hospital, the newspaper, or in jail.

If you do end up in jail, establish dominance immediately.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Srikcir said:

If condoms were handed out, it's likely they were made in Thailand. Thailand’s export of condoms accounts for 44% of the world's market share. Thailand.prd.go.th

So what's the point of passing them put on ship?

It's common practice on USA warships visiting port to hand-out condoms to sailors going ashore...

On 4/29/2024 at 3:40 AM, webfact said:

He estimated that the sailors' stay helped generate hundreds of millions of baht in revenue for Pattaya.

Really, @ Bt.200 million, thats Bt.33,000 for each of the 6000 sailors.

Big Spenders !