Biden Roasts Trump, Addresses Press Freedom at White House Correspondents' Dinner

Social Media

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Biden is the greater enemy of democracy for a variety of reasons. Yes his son served, and honorably. But Biden can't even remember the circumstances of his tragic death. Nor can he remember the circumstances of his uncle's death while in service in WW2.  These are troubling to say the least.

What absolute nonsense   "for a variety of reasons " none of which you cited. Oh my goodness he can't remember how his uncle dies in WW2  there goes Democracy. I'm sure DJT has no problem remembering his family's service- zero.Is your post sarcasm?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

13 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Hmmm....January 6 comes to mind.

Are the people on here stupid defending DT?  Blind?    What have his attacks been on Democracy?  Is that really a serious question .   This can all be boiled down to one thing about his defenders  on this website      They really have no defense so they just postulate ridiculous questions   in reality they hate liberalism  .         

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

What absolute nonsense   "for a variety of reasons " none of which you cited. Oh my goodness he can't remember how his uncle dies in WW2  there goes Democracy. I'm sure DJT has no problem remembering his family's service- zero.Is your post sarcasm?

Not remembering is one thing. Making up a BS story is another. At least one thing both Trump and Biden have in common is that they both 'avoided' military service themselves.

• Like 1

Always fun to see the huge man roasted. He does not have a sense of humor, so he cannot laugh at himself. His comment about Trump facing Stormy weather was classic. Trump richly deserves all the jokes directed at him. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

A 'speech impediment' doesn't make a person read the directions on a TelePrompter. Or lie about his family members' military service. Or lose the ability to walk normally. Just listen to Biden even 4 years ago and compare to today- the difference is stark and worrying.

Both candidates are terrible. Impossible to bash one without admitting the other is also bad.

Talking about lies, what was Trump's number when he left office? In the thousands. Did you listen to his Gettysburg speech? Unhinged.

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Not remembering is one thing. Making up a BS story is another. At least one thing both Trump and Biden have in common is that they both 'avoided' military service themselves.

Well Biden did not have five deferrments, plus five huge bankruptcies. Those are honors reserves for the true dregs of society. 

• Like 2

Just now, Roo Island said:

Both candidates are terrible. Impossible to bash one without admitting the other is also bad.

Talking about lies, what was Trump's number when he left office? In the thousands. Did you listen to his Gettysburg speech? Unhinged.

His number? 44th worst in history, after Buchanan.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Come on. Your ignoring Dozo's thousands of lies? The good thing about Biden is he will surround himself with good staff. Unlike Dozo who only hires those who are obedient, and donate money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/12/09/the-six-donors-trump-appointed-to-his-administration-gave-almost-12-million-with-their-families-to-his-campaign-and-the-party/

Six donors that Trump appointed gave almost $12 million with their families to back his campaign and the party

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Absolutely not. Trump is a BS artist of the first water. He's been doing it since long before he entered politics. I guess it prepared him well for election...

Anyway, given that the US has 2 rather poor choices for president, the obvious thing to do is vote for the least worst option. And Biden, saddled with Harris as VP (and potential successor) as well as a variety of terrible far left policies, is obviously the worst option.  It will be interesting to see who Trump picks as VP, it will make the decision more interesting for sure. 

At least we agree about Trump being a BS artist.

Harris is way better than any of the current contenders for Trump's VP pick. Terrible choices.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/trump-vp-pick-2024-candidates-odds.html

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

Tug - All I have to see is Trump's name mentioned and I know your hatred on Trump will be displayed.  You have already seen Trump as President.  What has been his "Attacks on on our Democracy" been.  Now compare your list to just a couple I can mention on your "Dear Leader."  When has Trump given the finger to the Supreme Court and kept doing what the Supreme Court has told him it is illegal?  Example:  Student loan forgiveness.  How many Executive orders has  Biden issued that should have gone though Congress?  The latest one has slipped my mind.  This can not be found on the Internet, but there have been many.  Biden and the Marxist Democrats do not believe in Democracy.  When has Biden spoken in defense of our freedoms and liberties?  Never.  He does not mention them in his speeches.  The threat to Democracy comes from the Left.  Started with Obama and his "Transformation" of America.

Trump was immunity for a president. This means he can act like a dictator, change all laws by himself, kill the people of the supreme court, other judges, congress, political opponents, members of the press, other people he doesn't like and get away with it.  

The absolute joke is that the supreme court takes so long to see it is absolute stupid to allow it.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Could you expand on what far left policies that you find disagreeable. Do you think cancelling student debts, ensuring majority EV & hybrid cars by 2032, promise to raise trade tarriffs on steel and aluminium and new climate goals are terrible far left policies. I do see JB pushing back the far left views on the Israel/Palestine conflict for a more aggressive policy on Israel. So what are the far left policies from JB that are terrible in your opinion. 

Yes. To all the above.

There is no such thing as 'cancelling' student debts. The money still has to be paid back, only the taxpayer has to do it instead of the student. Pushing EVs isn't working. As the great Senator Kennedy of Louisiana said, "if EVs are so great, why does the government have to pay people to drive them?"

I think Joe himself is a rather more traditional democrat, but he is being herded left by the more radical elements of his party, and fears losing parts of the Democratic coalition that he needs in order to be re-elected in November. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

At least we agree about Trump being a BS artist.

Harris is way better than any of the current contenders for Trump's VP pick. Terrible choices.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/trump-vp-pick-2024-candidates-odds.html

Harris is a disaster. A DEI pick and a promise fulfilled to James Clyburn. A millstone.

As for Trump's pick, I would like a moderate and reasonable person like Governor Burgum of North Dakota. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Trump allowed himself to be laugh at with consistent comic moments. Problem is that he can't stop with his funny acts. FRom staring at the solar eclipse to coming up with words like covfefe to the latest Gettysburg gaffe, he keep giving materials for many to poke fun. I think Biden roasting of Trump was spot-on funny. 

Of course you do.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Yes. To all the above.

There is no such thing as 'cancelling' student debts. The money still has to be paid back, only the taxpayer has to do it instead of the student. Pushing EVs isn't working. As the great Senator Kennedy of Louisiana said, "if EVs are so great, why does the government have to pay people to drive them?"

I think Joe himself is a rather more traditional democrat, but he is being herded left by the more radical elements of his party, and fears losing parts of the Democratic coalition that he needs in order to be re-elected in November. 

Paid for by the new billionaire tax which Trump kept low. EV is an inevitable future and the subsidy will be cancelled off with the reduction of the CO2 emmission. Joe is a centrist and will do everything to help him win over the young and educated. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Paid for by the new billionaire tax which Trump kept low. EV is an inevitable future and the subsidy will be cancelled off with the reduction of the CO2 emmission. Joe is a centrist and will do everything to help him win over the young and educated. 

Sure. If the government paying off student loans is such a great idea, why didn't Joe put it to Congress?  And if EVs are inevitable (and I think they are too), then there is no need for a subsidy. Let the free market take care of it naturally and holistically. 

I think Joe used to be a centrist. Maybe deep in his soul that 'Joe' still exists, but it has been co-opted by the looney wing of the Democrats. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Sure. If the government paying off student loans is such a great idea, why didn't Joe put it to Congress?  And if EVs are inevitable (and I think they are too), then there is no need for a subsidy. Let the free market take care of it naturally and holistically. 

I think Joe used to be a centrist. Maybe deep in his soul that 'Joe' still exists, but it has been co-opted by the looney wing of the Democrats. 

You make some great points. I also think that the GOP has been co-opted by the loony Trump. So much more could be done with a different leader.

4 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

You make some great points. I also think that the GOP has been co-opted by the loony Trump. So much more could be done with a different leader.

Absolutely. So we are in this strange position of having two rather poor choices.  So I think people will look at the track records of the two and decide. At the moment, the Trump presidency is seen more favorably than Biden's by more than 10 points.  I think there is a certain nostalgia for the days of 2% inflation, $2 gas, Middle East peace, and so on.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Absolutely not. Trump is a BS artist of the first water. He's been doing it since long before he entered politics. I guess it prepared him well for election...

Anyway, given that the US has 2 rather poor choices for president, the obvious thing to do is vote for the least worst option. And Biden, saddled with Harris as VP (and potential successor) as well as a variety of terrible far left policies, is obviously the worst option.  It will be interesting to see who Trump picks as VP, it will make the decision more interesting for sure. 

To some extent I agree, though I'm not going to vote for Trump. As a centrist Dem I think Harris is the worst possible choice. I think not only should the party have lobbied Biden to let a younger candidate run, but in lieu of that they should have at least convinced him to replace Harris. She is dreadful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

To some extent I agree, though I'm not going to vote for Trump. As a centrist Dem I think Harris is the worst possible choice. I think not only should the party have lobbied Biden to let a younger candidate run, but in lieu of that they should have at least convinced him to replace Harris. She is dreadful. 

A lot of people in the same position, voting for Trump might be a bridge too far. Some are looking past the top of the ticket to VP, which given the age of the two candidates is more important this year than in most elections. The chance that the VP will have to serve at least some of the 2024-28 term is not insignificant. Plus, look at the policies the two parties are trying to put in place. There is some way to triangulate and come to a conclusion buried in there...it would be a lot easier if one or both of Trump and Biden were to drop out.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Yes. To all the above.

There are now a hundred people in Congress who identify as being Progressive left, which is a real shame. The extremist wing of the party has exerted a tremendous amount of control, and they don't bode well for the future of the dems. I don't like alot of their policy, as a centrist dem. 

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The Supreme Court seems to be thoroughly compromised at this point, somewhat corrupt, and morally bankrupt at a minimum. 

What is this claim based on? 

4 hours ago, charleskerins said:

What a childish response , I respect the poster   a friend of American Democracy. You seem to respect  the orange whiner . A man who once gave a $ 1 tip to a caddie and  has never owned a dog.  He's scum.

Totally agree.How can the USA vote for a rapist,grifting conman,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Absolutely. So we are in this strange position of having two rather poor choices.  So I think people will look at the track records of the two and decide. At the moment, the Trump presidency is seen more favorably than Biden's by more than 10 points.  I think there is a certain nostalgia for the days of 2% inflation, $2 gas, Middle East peace, and so on.

I don't think it's a particularly strange position, I think politics in America have degenerated the point where we'll likely never see another high quality candidate, who has some decency, nobility, integrity, and a high level of intelligence. It's pretty much gotten to the point where only megalomaniacs and low quality dregs are interested in the office. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What is this claim based on? 

Where would one even start? By agreeing that presidential immunity allows murder? 

What we are left with now is a court so out of sync with the attitudes and preferences of the American people, with the way of life in the 21st century, that it is boldly risking its own legitimacy in decision-making each and every time they overturn set law. This week it was 45 years of precedent on race-conscious affirmative action programs in college admissions. And a year ago June the John Roberts Court made a historic and far-reaching decision, officially reversing Roe v. Wade, declaring that the constitutional right to abortion, upheld for nearly a half century, no longer exists.

https://news.yahoo.com/compromised-court-nations-worst-ever-035900067.html

This court's conservatives have been compromised and the receipts of their tenure speak clearly and without shame. So much for judicial restraint.

The Roberts Court will go down as once of the nation's worst ever.

• Like 1