Saigon Airport to District 1 - Never been before, so what's the best way?

I plan to land at SGN on a Friday afternoon, and get a taxi to District 1.

What should I avoid regarding paying a sensible price?

If I download Grab (Thai version) will it work there?

Yes, I'm a dinosaur!

Thanks in advance.

Grab does work, I use mine linked to my Thai credit card so I dont faff with change.

What I normally do as its quite cheap and saves queuing is take a taxi from one of the stands inside the airport for 350,000 VND.

If you want to queue outside the building or call a grab then it should be less than 200,000 VND.

• Thanks 2

Yes, you can use Grab from the airport. I did it about a month ago and it cost me the equivalent of about five US dollars to get from the airport to the center of the city. Otherwise there are (cheap) buses from the airport to the city, which is an option if you are staying somewhere where the buses pass. Speaking of buses, there is a fantastic app for buses in Saigon called "Bus Map". It tells you the routes, which buses stop at the bus stops near you, when the next bus will arrive, etc. But Grab is both good and cheap. Once you settle in to your hotel and you don't have a lot of luggage to carry around, you might consider using the Grab motorbikes, which are also plentiful and very cheap.

• Thanks 2