House Republicans Probe University Funding Amid Israel-Hamas Protests

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So it’s the Daily Mail quoting ISGAP.

It looks innuendo to me.

Lots of ‘linked to’ ‘accused of’ but nothing more substantive from an organization ‘linked to’ the other side of the conflict.

And still no news on who the large percentage of arrested people who are non-college associates.

It looks innuendo to me.

Actually its the Daily Mail providing the evidence not innuendo

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And still no news on who the large percentage of arrested people who are non-college associates.

I never mentioned that you did, feel free to provide all the links you want.

Still waiting for a credible link to this beauty:

53 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because over 40,000 people have been slaughtered, 

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

It looks innuendo to me.

Actually its the Daily Mail providing the evidence not innuendo

I never mentioned that you did, feel free to provide all the links you want.

Still waiting for a credible link to this beauty:

I apologize for my mistake, over 30,000 people have been slaughtered.

Although, “Actually, the numbers are likely conservative. The science is extremely clear.”

https://time.com/6909636/gaza-death-toll/

The Daily Mail have cited allegations from a pro-Israel think tank, not proof.

I think the worlds news journalists should be allowed into Gaza to report on what is actually going on there, independent of Hamas or Israel, don’t you agree?

• Agree 2

53 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its 35 000 and half of those killed have been members of a terror group 

Any update on a link to back up your claim that half those killed have been members of a terror group?

I apologize for my mistake, over 30,000 people have been slaughtered.

Although, “Actually, the numbers are likely conservative. The science is extremely clear.”

https://time.com/6909636/gaza-death-toll/

The Daily Mail have cited allegations from a pro-Israel think tank, not proof.

I think the worlds news journalists should be allowed into Gaza to report on what is actually going on there, independent of Hamas or Israel, don’t you agree?

Why do you also ignore NBC news with similar reports on funding?

Death figures given by Hamas are not science 😕

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why do you also ignore NBC news with similar reports on funding?

Death figures given by Hamas are not science 😕

Did NBC cite the same source as the DM.

Read the Time Article I linked?

it’s not about blindly believing numbers issued by anyone.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Did NBC cite the same source as the DM.

Read the Time Article I linked?

it’s not about blindly believing numbers issued by anyone.

Read it. 

As for numbers your right. Especially as over 13,000 Hamas terrorists have got to be taken out of the totals

Again, credible link to numbers please.

There's me thinking you were up to date on this.......... 

From nearly a month ago:

In a recent statement, the IDF said it had killed about 13,000 Hamas fighters since the start of the war, although it did not say how it calculated that figure.

Israel also publishes the names of individual Hamas leaders it says have been killed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68745681

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Any update on a link to back up your claim that half those killed have been members of a terror group?

Waiting for you to provide a link your claim that over 40 000 have been slaughtered .

When people say half , they don't mean exactly half , its a figure of speech to mean about half and not exactly half .

Your claim was "over 40 000" , so , will you be backing that claim up ?

About 14 000 Hamas have been killed . 

Hams claim 35 000 people have been killed , but 10 000 of those don't have a name , 

So, 25 000/35 000 have been killed and 14 000 have been Hamas members .

So, about half have been Hamas members .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Waiting for you to provide a link your claim that over 40 000 have been slaughtered .

When people say half , they don't mean exactly half , its a figure of speech to mean about half and not exactly half .

Your claim was "over 40 000" , so , will you be backing that claim up ?

About 14 000 Hamas have been killed . 

Hams claim 35 000 people have been killed , but 10 000 of those don't have a name , 

So, 25 000/35 000 have been killed and 14 000 have been Hamas members .

So, about half have been Hamas members .

I’ve already corrected 40,000 to

’over 30,000’ and provided a link, refer above.

When you are discussing ‘carnage’ and asserting ‘half those killed are members of a terrorist organization’ it’s incumbent on you to back up your claim.

The logic of your argument is no such ‘back-up’ to your claim, it would be laughable if you were not referring to the victims of carnage.

49 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Read it. 

As for numbers your right. Especially as over 13,000 Hamas terrorists have got to be taken out of the totals

Lol, you agree numbers are not to be taken seriously, while simultaneously claiming 13000 hamas terrorists were killed.

Source IDF I presume.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Lol, you agree numbers are not to be taken seriously, while simultaneously claiming 13000 hamas terrorists were killed.

Source IDF I presume.

would it have been more amusing to you if I had ignored his request for a link?

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve already corrected 40,000 to

’over 30,000’ and provided a link, refer above.

When you are discussing ‘carnage’ and asserting ‘half those killed are members of a terrorist organization’ it’s incumbent on you to back up your claim.

The logic of your argument is no such ‘back-up’ to your claim, it would be laughable if you were not referring to the victims of carnage.

I was making a point that a large amount of those 40 000 killed , I mean 30 000 killed were enemy  combatants who were members of a terrorist organisation responsible for starting the war .

The exact amount is besides the point , whether it be 40 , 50 or 60 %

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

would it have been more amusing to you if I had ignored his request for a link?

It is not the source that is amusing but the inconsistency in your reasoning. But with the end result of the reasoning firmly set in advance that's no surprise.

• Confused 1

Just now, stevenl said:

It is not the source that is amusing but the inconsistency in your reasoning. But with the end result of the reasoning firmly set in advance that's no surprise.

You interjected and failed to follow the string of posts. I've never seen you do anything else. I was asked for a link:

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Again, credible link to numbers please.

I obliged

Some further clarification for those who still don't get this:

According to the Journal’s report, activists at Columbia University — whose encampment launched the anti-Israel activities on other campuses — had “for weeks and months” consulted with and received training from outside groups, including the National Students for Justice in Palestine, whose Columbia chapter was suspended by the university administration early in the war. 

NSJP’s main sponsor, the Journal reported, is the Westchester Peace Action Committee (WESPAC) — which the Anti-Defamation League antisemitism watchdog says has funded groups that “have repeatedly propagated antisemitism or called for violence against Israel.”

Besides NSJP, some Columbia students also engaged with Samidoun, a Vancouver-based “Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network” which both Israel and Germany have banned over links to terrorism. Several of the group’s activists spoke at “Resistance 101,” a training session for pro-Palestinian Columbia students — some of whom were subsequently suspended — that was held online in March after being twice barred from the campus.

On 5/2/2024 at 3:46 PM, Wrwest said:

Yes! Let's do away with all public education ... just "another brick in the wall"! For those who do not know me, tongue firmly in cheek.

Or they could just fund education rather than indoctrination centers.

On 5/2/2024 at 9:41 PM, Cory1848 said:

Exactly. If students are protesting their university’s investments in the defense industry, specifically companies involved in arms deliveries to Israel, they have every right to do that; it’s their money (or their family’s money). And I don’t believe there are any universities in the US who have a financial stake in arming either of the generals who are currently destroying Sudan (though I could be wrong ...). But beyond that, so many people are laser-focused on the bad behavior of the Israeli state who don’t care a hoot about Ukraine or Sudan (or who can’t find Tigray or Xinjiang or Burma or Kivu on a map), that one begins to wonder why ...

They have a right to protest peacefully. They do not have the right to break law, which many seem to be doing.

They also have the right to defy the school's rules and regulations, and the school has the right to expel them for it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, connda said:

First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Probe all they wish, but when they begin passing laws to directly or indirectly "abridge the freedom of speech, or of the press" and "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances" (protest) they'll be shot down in short order in federal courts.

Right now the Uni-Party, i.e., Congress, with the exception of a handful of legislators not bought and paid for by billionaires mega-donors and lobbies who are anti-Palestinian and anti-Muslim and pro-war, are in the process of doing just that.  Attempting to make excuses to eviscerate the Constitution. And they are saying it: "We can't allow this speech or that speech, or speech against this group whom we support or that group whom we support.  Of course - they are paid to protect those whom their donors expect to be protected and shut down the speech by those their donors do not like. 
That's not how the Constitution was framed.  They are going after "protected speech" and it will get shot down in Federal courts (as it should), and barring that the SCOTUS.  I know there are people, including US legislators and US citizens who wish to live under totalitarian control - and call it "democracy" - but as long as the SCOTUS functions that isn't going to happen.  

Keep an eye on this thread as you'll see those people who wish to destroy the Constitution say so right here.  They'll start out with:
:angry: "Freedom of speech is not absolute!!!"

Yes - it is.  Except in a very, extremely limited set of circumstances, and most of those have already been established in Constitutional Law via precedent.  And the recent arrests on US university campuses are going to create a plethora of new cases, as well as laws moving through Congress to "abridge the freedom of speech" which are supported by both Democrats and Republicans.  I never thought I'd see the day - but here it is.
You say you don't like US Constitutional "protected speech?"  Then move to the UK or the EU and ask for asylum based on being terminally offended by "hate speech" or "political speech" which IS "protected speech" under the First Amendment of the US Constitution.  The watchers of MSM cable news whether on the Left or Right will be holding hands as they board the first planes back to the England to swear fidelity to King Charles if he promises to protect them from the scourge of the First Amendment and unrestrained "Free Speech." 

"...the people peaceably to assemble..." What the students are doing falls out the boundaries of this right. 

Their free speech right also does not include the interfering with the rights of others.

• Like 2

Because half the people being arrested are not students, there is no need for concern. 

That a third of the students at Colombia not US citizens is not a concern. 

That many of the university staff supports the protests in not a concern. 

That no one seems to have to study or attend class the week before finals, yet will still get As is not a concern. 

The only concern is that Trump paid Stormy to keep quiet. Once the DA has Trump safely behind bars, he'll make sure no of the arrests remain on the students' records. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Because half the people being arrested are not students, there is no need for concern. 

That a third of the students at Colombia not US citizens is not a concern. 

That many of the university staff supports the protests in not a concern. 

That no one seems to have to study or attend class the week before finals, yet will still get As is not a concern. 

The only concern is that Trump paid Stormy to keep quiet. Once the DA has Trump safely behind bars, he'll make sure no of the arrests remain on the students' records. 

I think the way it actually works, and I know you do have problems with the process, is; individuals who commit crimes are held accountable for the crimes they commit and individuals who do not commit crimes are not held accountable for crimes they did not commit.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was making a point that a large amount of those 40 000 killed , I mean 30 000 killed were enemy  combatants who were members of a terrorist organisation responsible for starting the war .

The exact amount is besides the point , whether it be 40 , 50 or 60 %

So why did you half. Where did you get these other numbers 40, 50 or 60%?

And surely it is not beside the point when you are excusing and justifying the ‘carnage’ of innocent civilians.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

"Death to Israel"

"Death to America"

I know a couple of leading rogue nations who could be channeling their influence here. From NYPD Chief:

This morning, @nyuniversity & @TheNewSchool requested @nypdnews to clear protesting students on their grounds. “Options” were afforded to the student protesters, with some leaving and 56 choosing arrest. There were no incidents, nor injuries to report. Once again the NYPD was extremely professional in their response! However, as we have been stating for the past 2 weeks, there is an underlying radical indoctrination of some of these students. Vulnerable and young people being influenced by professional agitators. Who is funding and leading this movement?  We found numerous disturbing pieces of literature in both encampments but wanted to highlight this most disturbing one, clearly stating:

“Death to America !”

Watch this:

There needs to be a real conversation about what responsibilities parents have in their students universities activities!

I paid 50k a year for my daughter to go to school 20 years ago !

If I knew she was being radicalized to hate America , I ‘d stop paying tuition!

https://nypost.com/2024/05/05/us-news/snl-takes-on-columbia-university-protests-in-cold-opening/

8 minutes ago, riclag said:

There needs to be a real conversation about what responsibilities parents have in their students universities activities!

https://nypost.com/2024/05/05/us-news/snl-takes-on-columbia-university-protests-in-cold-opening/

I’m guessing she wasn’t.

Because ‘universities radicalizing students to hate America’ isn’t a thing. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, riclag said:

You don't want little Hamas pups then :laugh:

image.png.5af34c3433cf7b2e06873d15d5ed15e3.png

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1785077896534503759

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Visegrad24.

I’ll give you this Brian, you do have

an uncanny knack for seeking out rightwing misinformation peddlers.

Facts hurting you then? 

How about this class that was given to students at  Columbia its sister college, Barnard, Charlotte Kates.

Radical anti-Israel activists told Columbia students, “There is nothing wrong with being a fighter in Hamas” — weeks before the campus exploded in pro-Palestinian protests.

image.png.d017d23395aac85a95e21c16838e33b2.png

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Facts hurting you then? 

How about this class that was given to students at  Columbia its sister college, Barnard, Charlotte Kates.

Radical anti-Israel activists told Columbia students, “There is nothing wrong with being a fighter in Hamas” — weeks before the campus exploded in pro-Palestinian protests.

image.png.d017d23395aac85a95e21c16838e33b2.png

Here’s a challenge for you.

Provide evidence that any of that was organized by the university.

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps if members of Congress are investigating the funding of universities and of those engaging in protests against the war in Gaza, their own sources of funding ought to be examined:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/10/congress-member-pro-israel-donations-military-support

So members of congress that support Israel get more funding from Israel than those that support Hamas. 

Where’s Alvin Bragg, there has to be another Trump indictment in that somewhere…

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1