Thai Maid Inherited Fortune from French Boss

43 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

Not a stranger.. If you had read the article you would have known that.

I read the article, to me leaving all your worldly possessions to a maid while I'm certain that she had

relatives and closer family members than a maid, but sometimes strangers treat you better

than your own flesh and blood..

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I read the article, to me leaving all your worldly possessions to a maid while I'm certain that she had

relatives and closer family members than a maid, but sometimes strangers treat you better

Exactly. Your very closest are not necessarily those of your own flesh and blood.

I think the ones suspecting the housekeeper for no reason at all, should take this into account. And also ask themselves why none of her family members (if any), were here with her, as she was battling (dying from?) cancer..

Edited by Excogitator
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, zhounan said:

So called Thai netizens love to pour out their anger when a farang does something bad, but they whistle and pretend nothing happens when a farang does a nice gesture.

You're a sad person, try being positive.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ezzra said:

You can bet that her EX was going to be jumping all over this, BUT with the will to the cleaner, I think she has done a great thing.  Obviously, she really did not have a lot of support

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Nice story for a loyal employee / friend.

Maybe not. On Thai TV it's told there is a problem with the last will. It was written on a computer and not signed by 2 independent witnesses. So, it might not be valid😩

16 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Maybe not. On Thai TV it's told there is a problem with the last will. It was written on a computer and not signed by 2 independent witnesses. So, it might not be valid😩

she 'owned' multiple villas used in her business on the island and has access to a lawyer's service, I'm sure/hope she has proper state of mind to get her lawyer involved in the will before procuring the firearms to end her life 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

TV8 did a reportage about this case yesterday and mentioned the emailed will. Their reporter got chased away by someone who didn't like that they interviewed the maid..

6 minutes ago, lom said:

TV8 did a reportage about this case yesterday and mentioned the emailed will. Their reporter got chased away by someone who didn't like that they interviewed the maid..

Strange, isn't it?

8 minutes ago, digbeth said:

she 'owned' multiple villas used in her business on the island and has access to a lawyer's service, I'm sure/hope she has proper state of mind to get her lawyer involved in the will before procuring the firearms to end her life 

Hopefully the lawyer will manage it🙏

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, zhounan said:

So called Thai netizens love to pour out their anger when a farang does something bad, but they whistle and pretend nothing happens when a farang does a nice gesture.

Do you also hear the Lawn growing:stoner:

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DjSilver said:

No, it's obvious he was murdered by the maid and her boyfriend before forcing the expat to write the will.

Why she needed a friend, I think he could have done it alone and cashed in, the story of the bullet found in the house and the hole in the door seems suspicious in any way, said Sherlock Holmes.

Edited by BE88
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Frankie baby said:

No one's mentioned where she got the gun from. I'm sure a French lady in her fifties would have had a rake of contacts? 

Oh come on. Do you know anything about Thailand? Anyone can get a gun here, doesn't matter if you're a 5 year old or 100. Same in most any country. And you don't know anything about this lady, who her friends were - both French and Thai, or French people in general, obviously. And then, why should anyone mention or care where the gun came from? It's irrelevant and really nobody's business. There's no crime committed with the gun, if you don't consider suicide a crime. She had the right to take her own life rather than suffer and die of cancer. 

3 hours ago, roo860 said:

Let's wind our neck in as well, you're not a mod, if you don't like it report it, was nothing disrespectful in my comment. 

No need for rudeness. I wasn't even replying to your comment. When I submitted it, it went to the wrong poster. 

5 hours ago, DjSilver said:

No, it's obvious he was murdered by the maid and her boyfriend before forcing the expat to write the will.

One does wonder why she was adjusting her security camera the day before her death. 

Death by gunshot, also a very unusual suicide method for a woman.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

I learned on TV that the will was written on a computer and not by hand. So the authorities will have a say on it😵‍💫. It's not valid😩

From the OP...

"Prior to her death, Catherine had drawn up a legal will allocating her entire wealth to her housemaid..."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

The OP states that it is valid.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

You can bet that her EX was going to be jumping all over this, BUT with the will to the cleaner, I think she has done a great thing.  Obviously, she really did not have a lot of support

You make lots of assumptions then try to dimish them.

My dear old dad called his very nasty mother after I had received very nasty / insulting letters from her when I was on active service in Sth. Vietnam. 

He told her 'this is the last communication you will ever receive from me and I forbid you to send any further letters to my son*' (her grandson). * I discovered much later that he had contacted the Army Post office to ask if it was possible to block mail being delivered to army personnel. It wasn't possible (at least at that time). In reality she didn't send me any further mail.

My dad kept his 'promise' he never spoke to his mother ever again. Later he discovered that 3 of his siblings had over many years done the same thing.

It happens. 

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, lom said:

Ehh? Blaming her for what?

I think he is being ironic given the amount of farang bashing that's seems to fill the headlines these days In this case Catherine, in death, RIP, did a wonderful thing for her long standing Thai maid. 

I once was involved in a disputed will case in England where a wealthy elderly lady left her entire estate to her gardener who also did her shopping and generally helped her and was her only friend. She lived alone. Her relations hadn't visited her for decades yet showed up on her death and challenged the will through the courts. Bitterly. The judge upheld the will and was robustly critical of the relations. They then turned on their own lawyers alleging negligent preparation and presentation of their case! 

• Like 1