De Niro Speaks Truth To Power

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, all the rich elites (and the people that worship them) seem to hate Trump since he beat Hillary. 

I wonder why that is...

Elites, such a cute slogan. There are quite a few "elites" that are more conservative than you think. But, even most of the people I know that support Trump, hate him. Not much to like about the man. They just like his policies more than the dems. 

As a dem, I felt there was not much to like about Hillary, and she was a dreadful candidate. 

Posted (edited)

“He’s a dog. He’s a pig he’s a con. He’s a BS artist. He’s a mook”. 

Bob does not want to call him names anymore🤣But that was classic. 

Edited by Captain Monday

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is absolutely no risk of that. He is one of the greatest actors of our lifetime, and his fortune exceeds a quarter of a billion dollars. You may not like him speaking truth towards a derelict. But, truth is truth. It sometimes hurts. 

Say the wrong thing, harm the wrong people and you will go from hero to zero in an instant. Look at Susan Sarandon or Roger Waters.

I actually agree with De Niro on his view linking vaccines to autism (this is the comment I responded to). He was going to show a film about it at the Tribeca festival, but gave in to pressure to remove it. If he hadn't, he would have lost a lot of "friends" and contracts.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

A one day riot

Many here are from other countries ,

I don’t think they understand how the BLM MARXIST movement and their assault on America during the Summer of Love riots inspired protesters to come out in defense of a culmination of events (election day and Summer  of love)that they watched in the media only to get entrapped by some 

undercover agents working the crowd.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JOE BAMA said:

Maybe we should pay more attention to logic and logical fallacies.  Attacking De Niro instead of his words entails using a common logical fallacy called "ad hominem" or "attack the man."   The Donald himself uses logical fallacies with wild abandon.  I agree with everything De Niro said about Trump except the view that Trump is "stupid."  He is not stupid.  He obviously understands how to manipulate and persuade tens of millions of Americans.  Americans would do well to heed George Orwell's words and steer clear of Mr. Trump. 

He can’t be “stupid” but I honestly believe he has a learning disability. Nothing wrong with that. But it is  masked by years of privilege. He can barely read AND has ADD . That is clear. The next question is does Trump smoke his own dope? Meaning does he believe his own lies. 

Millions of his supporters are not stupid but believe every word that comes out of his mouth no matter how ridiculous. Trump is also extremely naive. When he went to meet his best buddy  in Singapore Trump

actually believed Kim would just load his nukes onto barges based on their bromance and a handshake. 
Trump got hoodwinked and played there badly. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

He can’t be “stupid” but I honestly believe he has a learning disability. Nothing wrong with that. But it is  masked by years of privilege. He can barely read AND has ADD . That is clear. The next question is does Trump smoke his own dope? Meaning does he believe his own lies. 

Millions of his supporters are not stupid but believe every word that comes out of his mouth no matter how ridiculous. Trump is also extremely naive. When he went to meet his best buddy  in Singapore Trump

actually believed Kim would just load his nukes onto barges based on their bromance and a handshake. 
Trump got hoodwinked and played there badly. 

Hyperbole much? 

As far as I know, no one believes every word coming out of his mouth. 

I like Trump's policies, and I think they help the poor and middle class more than Biden's. 

Open borders help the rich, it's great for them, for the rest of us? Not so much.  

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Mr Trump is against the Washington establishment!

He is No wars & America First!

He was POTUS before and did a good job despite the left’s attempts of destroying his administration.

The MSM ,  the globalist , the dems , dem lawfare are desperate  to intimidate , interfere in his attempts of winning a election again.

Wow, did trump fool you!

trump ordered the assassination of Gen Qasim Solemani.

trump had the DoD draw up a plan to attack Iraq, then stole the plan and showed it off to members of his Bedminster golf club.

After trump lost, he had a plan to stay in power by nuking China, figuring he could then declare a national emergency. Gen Milley and then-SecDef Esper stopped it. trump was so angry at what Gen Milley did he said Milley should be executed for trreason.

If you believe what you write about trump, whether "putting America first" (why, because he dry humps flags?) or "No wars", then there are some Nigerians who want to deliver your unclaimed package with $7,612,452 (seven million six hundred twelve thousand four hundred fifty-two) dollars in it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/3/2024 at 1:13 PM, Gandtee said:

Well said Sir. It just amazes us non Americans, that a large part of the US population cannot see what a threat he is to their country. They seem to enjoy the razzamatazz that the USA is noted for that he uses and seem to be blind to what he really is. Would anyone want their daughter to marry someone like him? A man who openly boasts about sexualy abusing women. A very dangerous, narcissistic individual.

Listened to the Analysis of Brooks and Capheart segment on PBS Newshour from May 3. I think David Brooks hit the nail on the head. I certainly can understand the feeling although I have far too much education in history not to see the danger and the clear indications that, while Trump is giving voice to the pent up justified frustration/anger within the working middle class, it is unwise to follow Trump.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Well there you go . Really, what policies?

Trump has never had a platform other than tax cuts for the rich, not the rich like me, the really rich. I can’t even deduct my union dues anymore. How does that help the middle class?

I guess Biden didn’t fix that but really Trump offers nothing but false promises and blatant lies

Just go to YouTube and hear his stump speech in Wisconsin the other night. The same load of malarkey he has been spinning for 8 years 

Trump's tax cuts were greater for the lowest bracket than the highest, so there's that. 

Why should you get to deduct union dues? Does your union not provide value for your dues? And why should non-members have to subsidize you and your union? 

Why should truck drivers and mechanics pay off the loans of college graduates? 

You support open borders, I don't, that's enough for me. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

So a Hollywood actor has no right to have his opinions broadcast, but Performance Actors on Fox, like Hannity and Watters, do? Before he was fired, Tucker Carlson hyad plenty of opinions about both politics and individual people, though when he faced a court proceeding. Carlson's lawyer argued that his client should not be taken seriously and was just an entertainer.

Where is this rule book that makes De Niro bad or his opinions irrelevant, but Carlson, Hannity, Watters, etc., all okay?

De Niro called for physical violence against Trump ("I wanna punch him in the face"), I don't recall Hannity or Carlson advocating for physical assault against anyone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

So a Hollywood actor has no right to have his opinions broadcast, but Performance Actors on Fox, like Hannity and Watters, do? Before he was fired, Tucker Carlson hyad plenty of opinions about both politics and individual people, though when he faced a court proceeding. Carlson's lawyer argued that his client should not be taken seriously and was just an entertainer.

Where is this rule book that makes De Niro bad or his opinions irrelevant, but Carlson, Hannity, Watters, etc., all okay?

Everyone has a right to their opinion, including De Niro. You have that right to agree with him, and I have a right not to. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Trump's tax cuts were greater for the lowest bracket than the highest, so there's that. 

Why should you get to deduct union dues? Does your union not provide value for your dues? And why should non-members have to subsidize you and your union? 

Why should truck drivers and mechanics pay off the loans of college graduates? 

You support open borders, I don't, that's enough for me. 

True. I don’t believe in borders

The rest of what you posted is gibberish and proves you have been completely gaslighted 

Why should middle class workers subsidize billionaires? 

IMG_4119.jpeg

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Trump is not really the problem. There are maniacs like him all over the world.

The problem are the about 70,000,000 Americans who continue to vote for him.

What has to happen that these millions and millions of people realize that Trump is a very bad choice for anything. 

I understand that many are not happy with Biden, and not happy with the DEMs. But is that a reason to vote for a serial liar maniac?

I guess one has to be American to understand those people.

I've explained it to you before but you keep on with the same old Trump bad man nonsense.

IMO people vote for Trump because they detest Washington and all who infest it, and the ones they detest the most are the career politicians that have been sucking on the taxpayer for decades and giving nothing but trouble in return, like HRC and Biden.

If a better man than Biden were to stand Trump wouldn't stand a chance.

It's not that Trump is a better candidate than Biden, but that Biden is such a horrible choice ( and his VP is worse ).

When voters are only given 2 viable options and both are rotten, many will vote for the one they think is the least worst, and in Trump's case he didn't start any wars- always a good thing.

Another couple of good things about Trump, he can walk without falling over and he doesn't talk to dead people.

Biden couldn't even sort the southern border- what a loser.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/3/2024 at 1:13 PM, Gandtee said:

Well said Sir. It just amazes us non Americans, that a large part of the US population cannot see what a threat he is to their country. They seem to enjoy the razzamatazz that the USA is noted for that he uses and seem to be blind to what he really is. Would anyone want their daughter to marry someone like him? A man who openly boasts about sexualy abusing women. A very dangerous, narcissistic individual.

People will vote for Trump, because Biden's policies on the border, the economy (inflation), and foreign affairs are the worst in fifty years. Trump is a horror, too. But people perceive him as the only option to a brain-dead Biden. There is an option, however, and that is RFKjr. People need to look at him. If you can't stand the two old puddin' brains, Biden and Trump, RFKjr is an easy choice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Millions of his supporters are not stupid but believe every word that comes out of his mouth no matter how ridiculous.

BS. IMO they just hate Washington enough to vote for Trump.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've explained it to you before but you keep on with the same old Trump bad man nonsense.

IMO people vote for Trump because they detest Washington and all who infest it, and the ones they detest the most are the career politicians that have been sucking on the taxpayer for decades and giving nothing but trouble in return, like HRC and Biden.

If a better man than Biden were to stand Trump wouldn't stand a chance.

It's not that Trump is a better candidate than Biden, but that Biden is such a horrible choice ( and his VP is worse ).

When voters are only given 2 viable options and both are rotten, many will vote for the one they think is the least worst, and in Trump's case he didn't start any wars- always a good thing.

Another couple of good things about Trump, he can walk without falling over and he doesn't talk to dead people.

Biden couldn't even sort the southern border- what a loser.

It's not your country, and since I assume your country has plenty of problems, I wonder why you are such a cultist for trump?

Are you one of those whose own life has come up short and you live vicariously through someone who has fooled you into thinking he's anything more than a self-serving, self-absorbed, non-Alpha Male idiot?

• Agree 1