Health Insurance renewal

On 5/10/2024 at 4:01 PM, jensmann said:

ask for a quite from WrLife. One of their attachments are the exclusions. They not hiding it...

I downloaded the exclusions.

After 5 years membership there are NONE 🙏

On 5/6/2024 at 6:33 PM, Mark17AA said:

It's a old topic I know, but I'm a 65  more than average fit, and just got my renewal quote which is now doubled. Please any suggestions for a company that's not going to phone me 10 times a day chasing, but has sensible pricing and good quality policies to review.  So basically who would you recommend.

Thanks 

Try and get a quotation from WRLife. Affordable. Even with preconditions.

However, it depends. Some they pay immediately, many after 1 year waiting, and almost everything after 5 years.

On 5/10/2024 at 12:48 PM, Scouse123 said:

I am with the above poster.

I am 62, never needed them, but been with Pacific Cross 4 or 5 years now.

Furthermore, I mentioned in another thread, I want it for big ticket items only, such as serious issues and not run-of-the-mill dentistry or eyes or OPD.

Not only that, but I paid last year with NCD and a 40,000 deductible excess charge, 47,000 for the year. That is up to 10 million Thai baht on an illness /operation/hospitalization with 400K personal accident.

Not seen cheaper or better coverage for the price.

Yes, it's cheaper with WRLife 🙏

On 5/10/2024 at 3:48 PM, 2ndhomepattaya said:

My last quote from Pacific Cross not only saw a very hefty increase when I turned 66 but the exclusion list was something to behold. Do you have high blood pressure? Yes, infrequently.  Ok, you suffer from HP, so everything connected with that is excluded. Do you have diabetes? No, my last few readings were all below 100. Well, this is nearly pre-diabetes, so excluded. After a list of 12 proposed exclusions, I decided to better put away 15k a month myself.

Just not worth the grief and the danger of that company not honouring the cover far too high. I am sure they would find a clause to wiggle out of paying. Better still, Europe is not that far

#Better still, Europe is not that far#

Only, if you're able to enter the plane🙏

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Try and get a quotation from WRLife. Affordable. Even with preconditions.

However, it depends. Some they pay immediately, many after 1 year waiting, and almost everything after 5 years.

Note that there are some real concerns with the viability of  WRLife's business model. Thsi has been extensively discussed in other threads in thit forum.

21 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Note that there are some real concerns with the viability of  WRLife's business model. Thsi has been extensively discussed in other threads in thit forum.

I'm aware of this. But thanks again

Can you afford health insurance? Maybe when you are younger. As a UK retiree living on pensions, i have a fairly typical net pension of about 60,000 baht a month. At my age (72) health insurance would eat up a third or more of my income. It would require a drastic change in life style, and maybe stull would get priced out eventually.

In 14 years health care costs have only totalled about 100,000 baht, mainly dental. I know several people who used to have insurance but got priced out. I do not know anyone who died because they couldn't afford to pay for treatment.

I have some pre-existing conditions, but not anything life threatening except in the long term. So also makes insurance less attractive.

Everyone i know who died either already returned to home country, died suddenly or were at end of life anyway. No suicides.

It is a gamble, but health insurance is like the lottery, not many win....

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 9:00 AM, CharlieH said:

WR Life: No crazy price increases: maximum of 3% renewal increase. No claim = no increase

Individual circumstances are very different there is no one size fits all.

Getting a broker to do the leg work makes sense.

Sometimes, something is better than nothing.

WR Life for 3m cover @ 4000thb a month age 65 (example)

FWIW my experience has been for over 20 years that premium increases have been well over the rate of inflation.I'm pretty sure that this is the norm in the West given medical inflation. To be honest I would be concerned if the increase was only 3% on the basis it doesn't stack up commercially - thus raising questions about credibility on claims.

There never has been a NC bonus on my policy which is annoying since I have never needed to make a claim..Furthermore the company says that the premium is not affected by the claims record, subject of course to the maximum annual total under the policy (in my case US$ 1,000,000)

The company is circumspect about detail but do concede that premiums are affected by age.There is no provision to kick policyholders off when they have reached a certain age.

In my case the policy disregards medical history incurred before start of policy.I realize this is not usual and it only became possible because I had the option to carry on with the same insurance company (at my expense) after I left corporate employment

The company is well known in Thailand (prefer not to give details) but my worldwide - except the US - policy is administered from the UK. I have a £ 2000 excess to keep premium costs down and to focus on significant medical events.

My annual premium this year in Baht terms is Bt 230,000

Edited by jayboy
  • Sad 1