Family appeal for missing British man in Thailand

webfact

If he was bleeding in a ditch, he probably would have been found and his family informed. He was on holiday so probably is in a tourist area. Check his hotel room as it’s much more likely to be where he is if he has encountered some problem. A heart attack or stroke or some other illness is more likely than the bleeding in a ditch scenario. Or, he could just be ok and not have been in touch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mancub said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Wow, a 65-year old single adult on holiday has been out of touch with his family for five days when the article was published.  What's the panic about?

Lets hope you don't have to regret this comment. 

Obviously, I hope that he's fine but, even if something untoward has happened, I won't be regretting my comment about a panic after just five days.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 6
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy of Edinburgh Live. 

The family of David Goldthorpe, a retired man from Edinburgh, are frantically searching for him after he mysteriously disappeared while on a holiday in Thailand.

The 65-year-old was supposed to return home from Phuket to Doha on 5th May, before catching a connecting flight to Scotland. However, Thai police confirmed he did not board the plane.

Goldthorpe travelled to Thailand on 12th April and was in contact with his family up until 1st May.

His sudden silence and disappearance have incited worry and fear among his family, who described the situation as out of character. His daughter, Hayley, has been actively reaching out via Facebook expat groups in an effort to locate him.

Kate Goldthorpe, David's daughter-in-law, told the Daily Record about their concerns and desperation to find him.

The family is urging anyone with information or sightings to contact either Police Scotland or the British embassy in Thailand.

UK Government officials confirmed they are in touch with Goldthorpe’s family and a Police Scotland spokesperson stated that officers are making enquiries.

The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office also verified that they are in contact with his family regarding his disappearance.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-07

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

He doesn't want to be found I suppose🙏

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, impulse said:

I hope the guy's okay, and just 2 days late is a little early to panic. 

Could just be a cellphone or SIM failure, and/or a hotel theft that may have included his passport.  Not hard to imagine the guy's trying to get to his embassy or consulate.  Which would be difficult without money, a cell phone or a passport.

The reason for everyone freaking out is that he is the only one with access to the family’s money. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Wow, a 65-year old single adult on holiday has been out of touch with his family for five days when the article was published.  What's the panic about?

Because he MISSED HIS FLIGHT,  and hasn't contacted his family.

FOR FIVE DAYS, THAT'S ALL, he's a single adult man on holiday in Thailand!  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

he found 'love' or the best sex by a professional and don't want to leave

until his money is all gone... then it's gofundme

why would police do anything, they don't even investigate rape of minor in many cases

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Fortunately, the hotel where he's been staying for the past month has filed a TM-30, so should be a simple matter of dispatching a BMW smart car before Monday when he'll be on overstay.

What makes you say that he'll be on overstay on Monday, have you seen his visa?

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

I hope the guy's okay, and just 2 days late is a little early to panic. 

Could just be a cellphone or SIM failure, and/or a hotel theft that may have included his passport.  Not hard to imagine the guy's trying to get to his embassy or consulate.  Which would be difficult without money, a cell phone or a passport.

would not be the difficult , if I found myself in his position I would just approach a few farangs explain your situation and I am fairly sure someone would help or you can also contact the tourist police but aside from that I agree that 2 days is a wee bit early to panic.