Russian Arrested in Phuket for Alleged Illegal Online Work

webfact

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

He was arrested for working illegally as a masseur - the "online" part is irrelevant.

It wins a click, though, Certainly won mine. I was like, "okay, there's more to this". 

• Haha 1

made-up story. 

there's no way 7.000 massage, even super-duper private massage from foreigner will be about 5K max.

working? did they exchange money? not. loads of carp.

although I think it is pathetic to advertise services on Insta, but I would say the story is complete baloney

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

He was arrested for working illegally as a masseur - the "online" part is irrelevant.

Exactly , was wondering how online massages actually work.

That should open a door for some of the weirder posters.:tongue:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thecyclist said:

The immigration officer was fluent in Russian or did immigration hire a Russian as an uncover agent?

There are many internationally recognised hand signals for sexual services, Imagine shaking an aerosol can, but without the aerosol can actually in your hand.    Get it ?      You could also stick out your tongue and roll your eyes back to the fullest extent. That would leave a sex worker in no doubt as to what was required of him/her   In fact most people would get your drift. Try it on the mrs tonight if you don't believe me

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, malcoml said:

I think you will find he is a Chiropractor working illegally.

This makes perfect sense. Some people get tremendous relief from chiropractic care, and that is in short supply here.

My friend used to visit a chiropractor on the darkside of Pattaya. He went by motorbike taxi, got the cracks, and his back was screwed again from the motorbike taxi by the time he got home.  It was a long time ago, no bolt and very few local taxis. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Yep. The "online" bit was just pure clickbait.

1000's of foreigners are working online in Thailand so pretty much all of them seeing that headline will panic and wonder if a crackdown is coming, then click to see they just wasted a click.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

This makes perfect sense. Some people get tremendous relief from chiropractic care, and that is in short supply here.

My friend used to visit a chiropractor on the darkside of Pattaya. He went by motorbike taxi, got the cracks, and his back was screwed again from the motorbike taxi by the time he got home.  It was a long time ago, no bolt and very few local taxis. 

He's pushed all the air out of her!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Probably be a rough hand at that! Callouses and all

Is that what is called rough sex? 

Rough trade is the PC gay term

2 hours ago, mfd101 said:

I'ld arrest him for his bad taste in clothes.

Looks like a Russian soldiers front line summer kit.

What amazes me about some of the arrests being made recently , including this one , is that there are actually tourists out there willing to pay silly money for stupid services . Like the Polish guy arrested for conducting mental health workshops.  That one actually makes sense. If you are dumb enough to want such a service you probably need it.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

He's pushed all the air out of her!

Pretty, remarkable woman.

Great body and hair, completely chilled attitude.  Can't get much better than that. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

An immigration officer, pretending to be a potential customer, contacted the man through one of the mentioned online platforms arranging to buy the massage services in Russian. The services were agreed upon for 200 US dollars or around 7,000 baht.

I guess Cossack gals go for a premium.  :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, thecyclist said:

The immigration officer was fluent in Russian or did immigration hire a Russian as an uncover agent?

You don't think that there's chance that the Russian spoke English?

12 hours ago, webfact said:

was arrested in Phuket on Monday, May 6th, for allegedly working illegally online

I don't believe that.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Aleksandr was busy offering massage therapy to other customers at the time and was subsequently arrested. 

Oh.  He was arrested for actually physically working.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

last month it was 2 ugly women allegedly offering their services for 13000 THB (sure-sure!), now some dude massager allegedly working (sure-sure!) for 7000.
Funny that police arrested him based on (well) nothing! 

And again - even at Bamrungrad Hosp. chiropractors charges less than 3000 per session, good one, not a male-nurse.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, twizzian said:

He’s tried to disguise himself with Wall Paper

I think the 2 cops on the left in the photo agree with you!