Running Program.

Also, when you have the task manager open, click on the Startup tab, and if the program status is "Enabled," right mouse click the program status and change to "Disabled."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Also, when you have the task manager open, click on the Startup tab, and if the program status is "Enabled," right mouse click the program status and change to "Disabled."

I am using Windows 10 and in the bottom right corner of the screen is an icon called Copilot. It is a preview from Windows 11 AFAIK It doesn't seem to do anything and it doesn't show up on the task manager anywhere.

Is it possible to get rid of it, and if so, how?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am using Windows 10 and in the bottom right corner of the screen is an icon called Copilot. It is a preview from Windows 11 AFAIK It doesn't seem to do anything and it doesn't show up on the task manager anywhere.

Is it possible to get rid of it, and if so, how?

Thanks.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-remove-copilot/94f158ab-bc04-48e2-a49f-4cc813fdd5f5

10 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Thank you for that information. I tried it which led me to a screen, which led me to eventually 5 screens and I ended up giving up as it was taking me out of the task manager (where Copilot doesn't show) deeper and deeper into Microsoft and changing the registry.

I went to Settings and Apps and features and uninstalled Copilot from there. It seems to be applicable to Windows 11 and Microsoft Edge only and is some sort of AI App similar to ChatGPT and is a stealthy way for MS to make changes without people noticing.