Austrian Man Detained for Overstaying Visa by 920 Days

webfact

3 years?  What an amateur.  Not long ago I met a guy who was stationed here during Vietnam, was discharged and visited his Mom briefly, and came here and never left.  Literally a 50 year overstay, and never renewed his passport once.  He could hardly speak English anymore and would've died out on the street.  The Embassy sent him back to Iowa to his sister, who was in her 80s.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

OMG, only foreign criminals and fugitives are overstaying in Thailand for such a long time! There must be a good reason for that. Some of them have committed a crime in their home country, so they have escaped to Thailand to avoid being caught.

Does RTP have a database of all foreigners who are currently overstaying in Thailand?

They everyone's permission to stay dates, photographs and fingerprints!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yeap.. This country is full of them bums with no future but being a nuisance to the public and causing problems, this

case looks like a one way ticket back to where he came from...

He can try Vietnam or Philippines now. Good Luck 👍😘

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I got an 11,000 baht visa fine.  The Nonthaburi immigration office looked at their own stamps done a year ago and disputed it.  Litterly a few desks apart in the office.  They gave me a choice of leave in 24 hours or pay the fine.  Animals.

Yes, obviously immigration made mistakes and you are a victim of this system:post-4641-1156694572:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nickcage49 said:

920 days? That's almost 3 years. What did he think would happen when they caught up with him?

500 baht fine and a wai and all is forgiven.

5 hours ago, Nickcage49 said:

920 days? That's almost 3 years. What did he think would happen when they caught up with him?

I have a hard time getting upset about someone staying in Thailand since Covid, when extensions were a given and leaving was near impossible.  Not hard to imagine he got himself in a pickle related to the shutdowns.  If the guy was robbing banks or cheating people, that's one thing.  But that doesn't seem to be the case, and I wish the guy well.  I hope he's able to work things out in a manner that's amenable to him.

5 hours ago, thainet said:

Fine for what...a post with no information..another fake post.

Also you are never kicked out/asked to leave on 24 hours notice. 

Most likely.......🤗

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

5,000 lashes with the cane, 214,709 years and 3 months in the slammer and 500 Baht fine. 

If the immigration would be really doing their job, they could run a complete list of overstay alien and go after them. But it always needs a whisteblower, envying the alien or being jealous over something. 

The Austrian clocked almost three years and, if staying at hotels all the time, I wonder to whose nuisance he was living. Irrespective of that, that's the local law, cough up the fine and move on, Mr. Rothauer (that's his name actually as per the picture). Sans griesst! 

Thai people are timid so when your a big Austrian Oger always yelling and demanding your western way of course their gonna report your a$$ and he should always get a lil beating from the community he disturbed and disrespected piece of sh`t in my eyes, reminds me of the swiss who never say hello and think your rude if you do say hello to a stranger... guess we can lump Norway and russians in there, meet few nice ones but alot of loud obnoxious selfishly aggressive ones just calling it like it is :⁠-⁠)

Americans an English can be obnoxiously loud too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/10/2024 at 6:18 AM, Chris Daley said:

I got an 11,000 baht visa fine.  The Nonthaburi immigration office looked at their own stamps done a year ago and disputed it.  Litterly a few desks apart in the office.  They gave me a choice of leave in 24 hours or pay the fine.  Animals.

I hope you left .

I don't quite understand that with all the tech that they seem to have at the airport with scanning passports and fingerprints and digital pictures and entering info into the computer on both arrival and departure as well as immigration computers why is it so hard to get a simple print out every week or so of who was supposed to leave thailand by x date or go to immigration and get an extension is still in the country and has neither left nor got an extension? 

Granted some will be very hard to locate as they may well lie about where they are staying or move around all the time...but at minimum it seems they would want to know how many overstays they have on a computer that could easily be checked by cops or immigration or even hotels ...as i understand it hotels are supposed to check passports and report who stays where.....a simple enter name, nationality, and passport number here into an immigration website and cops be advised immediately if overstay is trying to check in?.....maybe they do have that but it does not seem that way,