The Troubling Trend: Is Islamist Terrorism Gaining Ground?

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

"We're in completely new territory here for a president of the United States because we’ve always had a rule, which is don’t negotiate with terrorists, but Joe Biden has gone beyond that — he's actually negotiating for the terrorists," Burgum said.

Burgum - another trump advocate who seeks war with Iran as well as making idiotic Biden foreign policy blame game commentary. He should take up blame game for negotiating with terrorists e.g. trump and Taliban

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

This is why I don't stand with Palestine. They made their bed.

It's baffling.

Westerners are even converting to Islam.

Gaza and Palestine are two different places.

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/a-lookback-at-the-zionist-terrorism-that-led-to-israels-creation-15767166

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionist_political_violence

So the Good Friday agreement wasn't the result of secret negotiations between HM government and the IRA? Which was supported without question by many American politicians and Americans while it blew up 100s of innocent bystanders in London and Birmingham. If you think their actions were excusable because they "had a case" do you not think the mind bogglingly vast devastation wreaked on Arabs and others in the middle east by the western Blair/Bush alliance might cause some small resentment amongst its victims? As ye sow, so shall ye reap. We pissed them off. Now, take the rap.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Why?

The history and culture of Gaza is very different from the West Bank. Gazans identified as Egyptian for many decades. 

If Gaza and the West Bank are thrown together politically, there will always be problems.

35 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The history and culture of Gaza is very different from the West Bank. Gazans identified as Egyptian for many decades. 

If Gaza and the West Bank are thrown together politically, there will always be problems.

What has it got to do with what I wrote?

On 5/11/2024 at 3:36 AM, Social Media said:

Most of us want our governments to defend democracy and stand against terrorist threats. But why do our leaders seem hesitant to unequivocally support Israel's fight against Hamas?

Israel are considered by many as the terrorists 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/11/2024 at 3:51 AM, Thingamabob said:

Living and working in several Muslim countries, including Saudi Arabia, I became very much aware of the contempt they have for other religions. A reward in heaven for the killing of an infidel is a tenet deeply embedded in their faith. Very  worrying that so many liberal western democracies appear to have no conception of, or deny, the danger that is gradually encircling them. 

And that is likely based on a simple degree of utter ignorance, most religions teach tolerance of other faiths, and this one seems to interpret intolerance as a noble quality. Something must be done, I don't know what the solution is but tolerance of intolerance is not a healthy direction for the world to be moving towards. 

A lot of people talk about the inability of Muslims to assimilate into new cultures that they've moved to and become a part of. I say that there should be a requirement on the part of every country who is considering accepting a Muslim as a citizen that the teenage daughter participate in a beauty contest in a bikini. if she's unwilling to do that citizenship is refused. Assimilation is a must. And fake modesty is over rated. 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And that is likely based on a simple degree of utter ignorance, most religions teach tolerance of other faiths, and this one seems to interpret intolerance as a noble quality. Something must be done, I don't know what the solution is but tolerance of intolerance is not a healthy direction for the world to be moving towards. 

A lot of people talk about the inability of Muslims to assimilate into new cultures that they've moved to and become a part of. I say that there should be a requirement on the part of every country who is considering accepting a Muslim as a citizen that the teenage daughter participate in a beauty contest in a bikini. if she's unwilling to do that citizenship is refused. Assimilation is a must. And fake modesty is over rated. 

That's utterly grotesque. Sums up perfectly western attitudes to Islam.

2 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Thanks for proving my point, only the lefts opinion counts, the mob can hardly be called tolerant now can they.

What do you know about the liberal left? Who have you read that you think belongs in that category. And I don't mean some stupid YouTube bs. Americans think fighting against Franco made you a communist. They have absolutely no clue about politics or politicians. Left wing in America? There's no such thing. But mobs a plenty.

7 minutes ago, bradiston said:

What do you know about the liberal left? Who have you read that you think belongs in that category. And I don't mean some stupid YouTube bs. Americans think fighting against Franco made you a communist. They have absolutely no clue about politics or politicians. Left wing in America? There's no such thing. But mobs a plenty.

Well I've certainly got you down as one, only your opinion matters.

Americans fighting against Franco.....have you stumbled into the wrong thread. 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Well I've certainly got you down as one, only your opinion matters.

Americans fighting against Franco.....have you stumbled into the wrong thread. 😂😂😂

You saw Oppenheimer? Check it out. They thought he was a communist and his wife. Many "liberal lefties" fought against Franco in 1936. Ever heard of George Orwell? Try "Homage to Catalonia". So what's your assessment of liberal lefties based on? Any sources? It seems most republicans see Biden as a liberal lefty. What a fricking joke!

Edited by bradiston

9 minutes ago, bradiston said:

You saw Oppenheimer? Check it out. They thought he was a communist and his wife. Many "liberal lefties" fought against Franco in 1936. Ever heard of George Orwell? Try "Homage to Catalonia". So what's your assessment of liberal lefties based on? Any sources? It seems most republicans see Biden as a liberal lefty. What a fricking joke!

The Troubling Trend: Is Islamist Terrorism Gaining Ground?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

No, right wing idiots are

Your posts are totally without foundation, when shown this topic title you can't resist spitting the dummy out and bleating childish hyperbole. 

• Like 2

On 5/11/2024 at 11:01 AM, NoshowJones said:

Why do you work or live in any Muslim country? We all know how unstable they are.

I've lived and worked in both Malaysia (3 years) and Indonesia (8 years), I wouldn't consider either of  them unstable. I enjoyed both and made some good friends. Unfortunately westerners view all Muslims as the same, mostly based on what they see in the media rather than any real life experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Wobblybob said:

Your posts are totally without foundation, when shown this topic title you can't resist spitting the dummy out and bleating childish hyperbole. 

Blah blah blah. Hardly hyperbole.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I've lived and worked in both Malaysia (3 years) and Indonesia (8 years), I wouldn't consider either of  them unstable. I enjoyed both and made some good friends. Unfortunately westerners view all Muslims as the same, mostly based on what they see in the media rather than any real life experience.

Yes like putting a UK man in jail for complaining to them about the noise they were making in the middle of the night. This happened in Dubai.

5 hours ago, bradiston said:

Well as a Centrist American Democrat I can say there is a left wing in America, and unfortunately the progressives now either control or influence a hundred Congress people, which in my opinion is a national tragedy. I hate the progressive left. 

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well as a Centrist American Democrat I can say there is a left wing in America, and unfortunately the progressives now either control or influence a hundred Congress people, which in my opinion is a national tragedy. I hate the progressive left. 

I've no idea what the American left looks like, let alone the progressive left. I'm interested as I've never read a rational debate about "left wing" politics in America, nor heard from any of its proponents. All we get here is hysterical, foul mouthed ranting from those who, I guess, in UK, we would call right wing. American politics seems brutal compared.

Edited by bradiston

22 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Yes like putting a UK man in jail for complaining to them about the noise they were making in the middle of the night. This happened in Dubai.

What has Dubai and UAE got to do with Malaysia or Indonesia? It's as facile as making a match between Russia and the USA because they're both Christian.