Nice thunderstorm today

PoorSucker

Clears the air.

My TGF complain about me sitting on the balcony admiring the it.

Guess working on a rice field during thunderstorm is no good idea.

I'm from the Nordic countries and love it.

Guess you shouldn't play golf right now 😂 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Clears the air.

My TGF complain about me sitting on the balcony admiring the it.

Guess working on a rice field during thunderstorm is no good idea.

I'm from the Nordic countries and love it.

Guess you shouldn't play golf right now 😂 

well Lee Trevino if you know who he is, during an interview he as asked what he would do if he was playing in a thunderstorm and his reply was "I would play my 1-iron because not even GOD can hit a 1-iron!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Presnock said:

well Lee Trevino if you know who he is, during an interview he as asked what he would do if he was playing in a thunderstorm and his reply was "I would play my 1-iron because not even GOD can hit a 1-iron!!"

If you play golf, there's a new golf simulator with aicon on Sai3, next to PKCP condominium just north of Klang 

22 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Yep, take your watch off, don't play phone......same in Bangkok right now, refreshing much!

Old time stuff, old land lines could transfer lightning but not cellphones.

11 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

If you play golf, there's a new golf simulator with aicon on Sai3, next to PKCP condominium just north of Klang 

I never played any golf until I came to Bkk in 1976, always thought it was a stupid game - after playing  first round at the OLD Khao Yai course (armed guards for tigers and caddies wouldn't go in the woods for any balls hit there.  5 of us lost 80 balls on the 1st nine holes.  Loved it too much.  3 of us it was our first round of golf - we all three ordered clubs the following week.  I think anywhere else starting golf other than Thailand might have kept me from falling in love with the game.  I live in CM now and have had a few problems with wrists so stopped playing a couple of years ago but now am anxious to get back out there.  

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Presnock said:

I never played any golf until I came to Bkk in 1976, always thought it was a stupid game - after playing  first round at the OLD Khao Yai course (armed guards for tigers and caddies wouldn't go in the woods for any balls hit there.  5 of us lost 80 balls on the 1st nine holes.  Loved it too much.  3 of us it was our first round of golf - we all three ordered clubs the following week.  I think anywhere else starting golf other than Thailand might have kept me from falling in love with the game.  I live in CM now and have had a few problems with wrists so stopped playing a couple of years ago but now am anxious to get back out there.  

This is the same as outside my condo in Pattaya.

Aircon, no need to walk

Golf Point Center Chiang Mai
052 000 597
https://g.co/kgs/xrQ2v5W

have a beer with your friends, 😉 

Edited by PoorSucker

25 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which lightning?

Well I obviously didn't get it on the video (would be pretty expert to predict lightning to the seconds). Were many very close lightning and extremely loud thunder on soi bukhao

Posted (edited)

We've had 2 good storms in the last week and I think we're building up for another one right now.

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

Yep, take your watch off, don't play phone......same in Bangkok right now, refreshing much!

I don't go along with this advise. I don't think that lightning is quite that selective, but the old advise regarding standing under trees sure is valid. This one is only about 200 metres from the edge of our village. I read on the web that trees explode when they take a lightning strike. It's true. It really is!

Damagedtree.thumb.jpg.4d3526c889aeae39f4a5ec0347fe577f.jpg

Edited by Moonlover
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

We've had 2 good storms in the last week and I think we're building up for another one right now.

I don't go along with this advise. I don't think that lightning is quite that selective, but the old advise regarding standing under trees sure is valid. This one is only about 200 metres from the edge of our village. I read on the web that trees explode when they take a lightning strike. It's true. It really is!

Damagedtree.thumb.jpg.4d3526c889aeae39f4a5ec0347fe577f.jpg

The advice was in reference to the OP's girlfriend having received this wisdom from my own in the rice fields of Kalasin many moons ago.  I did go along with it but not because I believed it.

6 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

The advice was in reference to the OP's girlfriend having received this wisdom from my own in the rice fields of Kalasin many moons ago.  I did go along with it but not because I believed it.

Yer, my wife gets a bit jumpy when I go and sit out in the gazebo. It is made of aluminum so I'm convinced it will act as a Faraday cage in the unlikely event of a strike. But I could just be wrong!

17 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Yer, my wife gets a bit jumpy when I go and sit out in the gazebo. It is made of aluminum so I'm convinced it will act as a Faraday cage in the unlikely event of a strike. But I could just be wrong!

You're not wrong, cars also work as Faraday cage.

8 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Well I obviously didn't get it on the video (would be pretty expert to predict lightning to the seconds). Were many very close lightning and extremely loud thunder on soi bukhao

Who do you think you aren't? David Bailey?