Dual language laptop keyboard..

Hello,

Hope some of you tech guru's can help me out,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 with windows 10.

It has a dual language keyboard Eng / Thai... is there any way I can switch between the languages without going into region/ time zone settings and all that malarky...

Cheers in advance...

Martin71

1 minute ago, Martin71 said:

Hello,

Hope some of you tech guru's can help me out,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 with windows 10.

It has a dual language keyboard Eng / Thai... is there any way I can switch between the languages without going into region/ time zone settings and all that malarky...

Cheers in advance...

Martin71

If it's already installed, go to the flag representing the English language and click on it and it should give you the option to change back and forth.

No flag?  You'll have to install the Thai language and set it up in Windows 10.  Search for "setting up keyboard language Windows 10" and look for a Youtube video.

• Thanks 1

In the far right bottom corner, you may have a language stated as Eng, click that and you have the opportunity to switch, those activated will be listed.

• Thanks 1

Sorry - bad info on my part.  No flag (only on my Linux system).  Your taskbar should look something like this:

Click on ENG and it will give you an option of either English or Thai

Screenshotfrom2024-05-1121-01-00.png.931485f7bc70094499b60abf2d99f5be.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, connda said:

Sorry - bad info on my part.  No flag (only on my Linux system).  Your taskbar should look something like this:

Click on ENG and it will give you an option of either English or Thai

Screenshotfrom2024-05-1121-01-00.png.931485f7bc70094499b60abf2d99f5be.png

If you want to set up a key sequence you do it here:

Screenshotfrom2024-05-1121-05-05.png.3d468565510a016529bb62f95edb63be.png

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I never learned to type Thai so respect to you for trying. There's so many characters it's just mental.

No it's for my wife .. I'm dyslexic enough just using English...

• Haha 1

Tried a few of the above idea's (many thanks to you all by the way)..but my computer says my licence only allows one language..which surprised me for a keyboard with Eng and Thai characters.....

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

Tried a few of the above idea's (many thanks to you all by the way)..but my computer says my licence only allows one language..which surprised me for a keyboard with Eng and Thai characters.....

Mine only allows one display language but you can still add keyboard languages in 'Language and region'. Then you can check which key is set up to switch languages. I think it's usually the squiggle key "~" next to 1 on the keyboard. That's how it's set up on mine and I don't think I had to go into the settings myself to do that.  

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Thanks 1