What would you do with that scam?

1 hour ago, john donson said:

where do they get our numbers? phone operator ? immigration ?

Most of these Scammers use  a number generator (Excell) and the send their text file with MailChimp or a similar mass SMS sender.

I just returned from my phone provider TRUE/DTac and got the COMPLETE SMS MESSAGE as they have them stored in their Database.
My telephony provider has a number which belongs to the Sender and they Blocked this number.

I publish here the complete message but DON'T click on it.

<sms protocol="0" address="ZFMGC5" date="1715487841725" type="1" subject="null" body="We can't deliver your item to your door because of no address, please enter the address:  cutt.ly/eeeEAXJh" toa="null" sc_toa="null" service_center="+66938011003" read="1" status="-1" locked="0" date_sent="0" sub_id="5" readable_date="May 12, 2024 11:24:01" contact_name="(Unknown)" />

Just to backup what I've been saying repeatedly in this thread about these SMS phishing text messages not even being sent out from a phone number that can be blocked, I just happened to receive this one. 

IMG_5093.jpeg.1b3bfb1994bad30d74fbc38ab2084e97.jpeg

As you can see it shows it was sent by "OYMPO", which is just some made up nonsense word and there is no phone number associated with the message that can be blocked. So this came right from an SMS spam server. 

The domain name being shown in the text message as part of the fraudulent phishing link of thailandpostux.top was just registered today. So it is a throw away domain name that will likely get suspended very soon and then the scammers will just rinse and repeat by creating a new one tomorrow or the next day. Presumably the scammers behind this text are most likely either Chinese, Indian or Nigerian. 

Only thing you can do is lookup the registrar of the fraudulent domain name and then report it to them in hopes they suspend it. Then report the SMS message to your cell phone provider in hopes they can trace the SMS spam server that sent it and block it completely on a global level. 

Even using an app on your phone that can block text messages coming into your phone based on sender's name will be a waste of time because the scammer's will use a new nonsense word for their next barrage of bulk spam phishing SMS messages that they send out and this SMS sender name won't even reappear again.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Dioj said:

Just to backup what I've been saying repeatedly in this thread about these SMS phishing text messages not even being sent out from a phone number that can be blocked, I just happened to receive this one. 

IMG_5093.jpeg.1b3bfb1994bad30d74fbc38ab2084e97.jpeg

As you can see it shows it was sent by "OYMPO", which is just some made up nonsense word and there is no phone number associated with the message that can be blocked. So this came right from an SMS spam server. 

The domain name being shown in the text message as part of the fraudulent phishing link of thailandpostux.top was just registered today. So it is a throw away domain name that will likely get suspended very soon and then the scammers will just rinse and repeat by creating a new one tomorrow or the next day. Presumably the scammers behind this text are most likely either Chinese, Indian or Nigerian. 

Only thing you can do is lookup the registrar of the fraudulent domain name and then report it to them in hopes they suspend it. Then report the SMS message to your cell phone provider in hopes they can trace the SMS spam server that sent it and block it completely on a global level. 

Even using an app on your phone that can block text messages coming into your phone based on sender's name will be a waste of time because the scammer's will use a new nonsense word for their next barrage of bulk spam phishing SMS messages that they send out and this SMS sender name won't even reappear again.

As I wrote in my post just above, the Sender has SMS number, or a Spam server, but this number is hiidden in the SMS.

<sms protocol="0" address="ZFMGC5" date="1715487841725" type="1" subject="null" body="We can't deliver your item to your door because of no address, please enter the address:  cutt.ly/eeeEAXJh" toa="null" sc_toa="null" service_center="+66938011003" read="1" status="-1" locked="0" date_sent="0" sub_id="5" readable_date="May 12, 2024 11:24:01" contact_name="(Unknown)" />

5 hours ago, Confuscious said:

As I wrote in my post just above, the Sender has SMS number, or a Spam server, but this number is hiidden in the SMS.

In that case, if you report the fraudulent SMS to your cell service provider as I suggested already then maybe they can lookup the scammer's phone number and give it to you so that you can block it on your phone. But based on the scam SMS message you received you most likely won't be able to block the sender as I said, unless you report it to your provider and are able to obtain the phone number. 

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Dioj said:

In that case, if you report the fraudulent SMS to your cell service provider as I suggested already then maybe they can lookup the scammer's phone number and give it to you so that you can block it on your phone. But based on the scam SMS message you received you most likely won't be able to block the sender as I said, unless you report it to your provider and are able to obtain the phone number. 

The service provider blocked his phone number.

Edited by Confuscious
Edir