UN Cuts Death of Women and Children in Gaza by Half

31 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I decide for me, who decides for you? 

Taken to its extreme end, the left is totalitarianism, while extreme right ends in anarchy.

Don't they both eventually end in anarchy?

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

The Times of Israel, the Israeli government and the IDF telling the truth?

Who would have thought of that?

Exactly!!! 

18 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Eh , I stated that the Guardian are pro Palestinian and you stated it was Right wing nonsense to suggest that The Guardian are pro Hamas .

Two different things there , it is quite clear that the Guardian support the Palestinian cause , although I doubt that even they would publicly support the war criminal terror organisation which is Hamas .

But saying that , the Guardian do publish Hamas's untrue figures for deaths without questioning their validity .

In regards to this story , the Guardian are extremely pro Palestinian , they report this story as 

UN denies Gaza death toll of women and children has been revised down

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/may/13/gaza-ministry-revises-figures-for-women-and-children-killed

They don't seem to have reported the original claim that the figures have been revised down, just reported a denial (see above)

That's because the numbers were never revised down 

They published total numbers and a subset of the total numbers with fully identified

Fully explained in Truth or Fake report from France24

https://www.france24.com/en/tv-shows/truth-or-fake/20240514-did-the-un-cut-their-gaza-women-and-children-death-toll-by-almost-50-compared-to-a-prior-report

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

That's because the numbers were never revised down 

They published total numbers and a subset of the total numbers with fully identified

Fully explained in Truth or Fake report from France24

https://www.france24.com/en/tv-shows/truth-or-fake/20240514-did-the-un-cut-their-gaza-women-and-children-death-toll-by-almost-50-compared-to-a-prior-report

Of course they were revised down. The numbers of women and children killed were revised down not a little but by thousands! The Hamas-run Government Media Office was lying and now the UN uses the Hamas-run health ministry. The total unverified deaths total remain the same however its now acknowledged that nearly third are taken from, deaths reported by family members and deaths from "reliable media reports" sop consequently without bodies or examination the gender cannot be verified. What are those media sources no one knows but the only media sources in Gaza are either Al Jazeera or local Gazan media.

From BBC verify

Gaza war: Why is the UN citing lower death toll for women and children?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-69014893

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

29 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course they were revised down. The numbers of women and children killed were revised down not a little but by thousands! The Hamas-run Government Media Office was lying and now the UN uses the Hamas-run health ministry. The total unverified deaths total remain the same however its now acknowledged that nearly third are taken from, deaths reported by family members and deaths from "reliable media reports" sop consequently without bodies or examination the gender cannot be verified. What are those media sources no one knows but the only media sources in Gaza are either Al Jazeera or local Gazan media.

From BBC verify

Has the UN really said fewer people were killed by Israel in Gaza?

No, is the short answer.

The UN confirmed this on Monday, when spokesperson Farhan Haq, responding to a question from Al Jazeera’s Gabriel Elizondo, said that the updated breakdown was only in reference to the smaller 24,686 death toll.

“There’s about another 10,000 plus bodies who still have to be fully identified, and so then the details of those – which of those are children, which of those are women – that will be reestablished once the full identification process is complete,

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/5/14/has-the-un-really-said-fewer-people-were-killed-by-israel-in-gaza

So as stated the numbers weren't revised down as they published the numbers from the subset figure of 24,686 which doesn't include the 10,000 plus bodies

and neither the total number or subset numbers include more than 10,000 reported missing or under the rubble”.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

No, is the short answer.

The UN confirmed this on Monday, when spokesperson Farhan Haq, responding to a question from Al Jazeera’s Gabriel Elizondo, said that the updated breakdown was only in reference to the smaller 24,686 death toll.

“There’s about another 10,000 plus bodies who still have to be fully identified, and so then the details of those – which of those are children, which of those are women – that will be reestablished once the full identification process is complete,

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/5/14/has-the-un-really-said-fewer-people-were-killed-by-israel-in-gaza

So as stated the numbers weren't revised down as they published the numbers from the subset figure of 24,686 which doesn't include the 10,000 plus bodies

and neither the total number or subset numbers include more than 10,000 reported missing or under the rubble”.

I didn't claim they did, however its also true that numbers for women and children were revised down by thousands and that a third of the total numbers are from Gazan media sources or family phoning in, so totally unverified.

36 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

From BBC verify

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I didn't claim they did, however its also true that numbers for women and children were revised down by thousands and that a third of the total numbers are from Gazan media sources or family phoning in, so totally unverified.

Still not revised down as you claim

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Still not revised down as you claim

How many women and children were reported to have been killed before?

How many now?

The UN claims it not me: 

Hamas claims it not me:

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Changes in how the UN calculates Gaza’s casualties have been cited as evidence of bias. They aren’t.

evidence of bias.

That's hilarious Neeranam 🤣 You pick an an article on bias from Al Jazeera the most bias media outlet there is! Oh the irony

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your either extremely gullible or more obviously deliberately spreading false information. Doing so knowingly with it being about dead children is sick.  The figures before the revision down for dead children was  14,500, that was revised down to 7,797 by the UN and Hamas.

You carry on following the local Palestinian Red Crescent who also denied Hamas were present at Al Shifa hospital Gaza.

Or likely both. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/14/2024 at 7:07 PM, vinny41 said:

13 May 2024

Daily Press Briefing by the Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General

The following is a near-verbatim transcript of today’s noon briefing by Farhan Haq, Deputy Spokesman for the Secretary-General.

Deputy Spokesman:  It’s not quite the case.  No.  What I can tell you is this:  The overall number of fatalities that has been tallied by the Ministry of Health in Gaza, which is our counterpart on dealing with the death tolls.  That number remains unchanged.  And it’s at more than 35,000 people since 7 October.  What’s changed is the Ministry of Health in Gaza has updated the breakdown of fatalities for whom full details have been documented.  So, what they recently published was that they gave figures for 24,686 out of 34,622 overall fatalities recorded in Gaza.  And those 24,686 people are the ones for whom full details have been documented

https://press.un.org/en/2024/db240513.doc.htm

I find X the best place for the truth. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

But, what about YOUR genocide that you have been spouting on about for weeks....?  🤔

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

"Fully identified 24,686 of the dead"

Well we know that already, its the other 10,000 that have come from "media reports" and are unverified, hence the revision down........duh

Hamas were lying, I know you find it hard to accept

Just now, Angus55 said:

So you support the Israeli genocide in Gaza . That is despicable.  

So, you support the Palestinian genocide in Israel. That is despicable. 

Israelis only want to kill Palestinians until Hamas is largely eradicated. 

Palestinians want to kill all Jews everywhere in the world, starting with those between "the river and the sea", and then moving on. 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Angus55 said:

So you support the Israeli genocide in Gaza . That is despicable.  

I support Israel finding the Hamas terrorists and bringing them to justice and I support Israel freeing the hostages . 

Do you support Hamas holding the hostages ?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I support Israel finding the Hamas terrorists and bringing them to justice and I support Israel freeing the hostages . 

Do you support Hamas holding the hostages ?

Israel is not holding Palestinian hostages. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Angus55 said:

It is the Israeli army that is committing the genocide in Gaza. Murdering tens of thousands of innocent women and children.

The IDF are not doing that though , those are lies by Hamas and pro Palestinian supporters .

Israel are fighting against Hamas in Gaza , the guys that committed the Oct 7 th terror attack 

12 minutes ago, Angus55 said:

It is the Israeli army that is committing the genocide in Gaza. Murdering tens of thousands of innocent women and children.

Yeah, that damn IDF. They are so stupid that they actually let nearly a million Palestinians GO! Let them leave Rafah before killing them. So not only are they genocidal, they are morons- giving up such easy targets    /s

It's not a genocide, it's a war. Innocent people get killed in wars, seems a lot of people have forgotten that.  Plus, the war would end tomorrow if Hamas surrendered and returned the hostages.  So, who is really promoting the genocide? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1