This Weekend

moo9

This weekend (Monday) will be the Buddhist Lent day. As I have some friend from abroad visiting Pattaya I would like to know, whether bars will be closed one day or whether there will be restrictions on alcoholic beverages?

Anybody knows?

Thanks Moo9

This weekend (Monday) will be the Buddhist Lent day. As I have some friend from abroad visiting Pattaya I would like to know, whether bars will be closed one day or whether there will be restrictions on alcoholic beverages?

Anybody knows?

Thanks Moo9

look up yesterday, on farang pubs and entertaiment (i think) someone posted all the hols, and ive seen a paper from bib this morn that says 0800 sun to 0800 tue, but there will be some that open, but for best results visit somewhere less in the public eye!

Moo 9, some bars are closed on both Sunday 29th & Monday 30th July, so you are advised to drink as much as you possibly can tonight and tomorrow!

Pleased to follow your advise and will use sunday and monday for recovery :o

hmmmm lets see LENT...

dict.com:

...an annual season of fasting and penitence...

duh.

Quite right - it is a religious event for contemplation and revival of religious vows.

The fact that non-Buddhists are asking about closures of various businesses does not detract from the observance that most Buddhists will give to this event.

Yesterday I was told by a post office official that the main P.O. in South Pattaya will NOT close over this holiday period. In fact, for basic postal services, it is open every day until 8PM.

Yes, I just spoke with Banglamung Post office, they will be open on Monday & Tuesday until 12 noon...

Anybody knows?

Thanks Moo9

I am told that it is the anniversary of Buddha's first sermon.

Maybe that is a sort of Lent, but not a food/smoking/drinking sort of fast - just the consideration of what you have done over the past and what you should do in the future.

Yesterday I was told by a post office official that the main P.O. in South Pattaya will NOT close over this holiday period. In fact, for basic postal services, it is open every day until 8PM.

Yes, I just spoke with Banglamung Post office, they will be open on Monday & Tuesday until 12 noon...

yeah there prob are open same as back home, but your post aint going anywhere till wednesday!