Aussie Woman Reveals Harrowing Tales from Infamous Thai Prison

webfact

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Thanks for the info.

But I still think that she should be treated better than how she treated people. Society criticized her, judged her, punished her, but at the very least, society should appear to be better than her.

Treat her humanly. Incarcerated, with a bed, a toilet, and food.

Just the way I am.

It doesn't work, even in the prison society smack heads are just scum, I don't know why but that's the way it is, 

Edited by ChipButty

9 hours ago, frank83628 said:

it's a punishment, not supposed to be a walk in the park like the UK prisons. 

Incarceration is their punishment .There’s no need for punishment to be inhumane!!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Leadidge said:

Incarceration is their punishment .There’s no need for punishment to be inhumane!!

Why not?  She new the penalties!

Go rot in hell as far as I am concerned to anyone who deals in these drugs!

Edited by scottiejohn

33 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

BS - because you refuse to give a reason why your claim that you have spent time in that Thai jail do not resport in deportation - therefore you are BS

You only get considered for deportation if you spent more than six months in jail , then they can apply for deportation from a Judge  if they want 

2 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

Not tough I would say, but definetly resilient. She looks quite Ok now.

She's tough and resilient, and now smart too - turning this experience into a cash cow. Sure, she did something stupid back in 2000, but people can change. Who didn't do stupid things when they were young? She's done her time and there's no need for her to be retried here.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Leadidge said:

But you then get a problem that if jails are better then poor street life , the poor people would want to live in the jails , as it would be a better quality of life 

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I'd rather be executed than go through that hell. IMO it was a fate worse than death, and she did well to survive it. She a lot tougher than all of the people commenting here.

I am quite sure that some posters have been through tougher situations, rather than just sitting in jail all day .

Tougher things like working for seven years , rather than just sitting there in a cell 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You only get considered for deportation if you spent more than six months in jail , then they can apply for deportation from a Judge  if they want 

If you're charged with an offence under the Criminal Code, any offence, they take your passport and cancel whatever visa you had. If convicted, whether you do jail time or not, you won't have a visa. The Immigration Office does not need permission from a Judge to deport you. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I am quite sure that some posters have been through tougher situations, rather than just sitting in jail all day .

Tougher things like working for seven years , rather than just sitting there in a cell 

I can't believe you're serious. You just don't want to admit she's as tough as nails, getting through that.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

If you're charged with an offence under the Criminal Code, any offence, they take your passport and cancel whatever visa you had. If convicted, whether you do jail time or not, you won't have a visa. The Immigration Office does not need permission from a Judge to deport you. 

They do not . 

The Police deal with offenses under the criminal code and NOT immigration .

Immigration do not get involved unless its immigration related .

If you get a six month jail sentence or more , the Judge can get you deported 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Even using the toilets was traumatic. “There was no privacy. I didn’t use the toilet for a month because I was so embarrassed. Eventually, I realised I had to adapt. I decided to live like a Thai.”

Wash your mouth out! That is NOT how Thais live, duck. You were in a Southeast Asian prison for trafficking one of the most destructive substances known to man. While you can be forgiven for that little derogatory slip-up, just think yourself lucky you didn't get the original, 'proper' sentence and had the chance to rebound and make coin off of it. Many Thais in your shoes never would have.

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

your claim that you have spent time in that Thai jail do not resport in deportation

People did use get deported and come into Thailand TG....... now things are a lot tighter , with computers etc --they are picking up people  who have been on the run for many years.  The finger print Photo etc, But he could have been deported and come back. I know of people who did .

It was just a matter of (say the UK)  going back and changing your surname--you just have to put it in the public notices of a Newspaper, and the only people who are interested in reading that are usually Bailiffs etc --making sure you are not trying to get out of payments somewhere.

Renew the passport and Phuket was always the best entry point then.

Now I dont think thats an option--- maybe there are other options----dont know.

Yes, perhaps she shouldn't be making money out of being an ex drug smuggler but so was Howard Marks, whom if you had met him was one of the most intelligent, intriguing persons that you would ever come across?

However,  I find it extremely sad that so many here are quick to judge her without no real experience of exactly how bad a drug heroin is, what type of person it can quickly turn you into and what was her life like before she got involved in it?  Having known a few addicts myself over the years, the one common reason given for their use is the escapism it provides from various problems previous or current in their life, as well as the physical pain that they go through when trying to withdraw.  No one here knows exactly how she first got involved, it may have been just teenage curiosity/foolishness but there again she may have been trying to escape something seriously bad that had happened in her life?  The one thing that I can tell you though is that once you are in, it is extremely hard to get out and therefore people should not be so quick to judge?  No one here is perfect and we've all made mistakes in life when we were young, it's just that hers as a teenager turned out over time to be a bit more costly than most of ours.  Therefore have some compassion as she's done her time and if her book deters just one person from making the same mistake (regardless of whether she is making money out of it or not), it will be worth it!      

4 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

The angry brigade aren’t going to like this. 

Are you saying she should not be punished?

IMO lock that type up and throw away the keys and let them rot in hell!

11 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

Sorry, but deserved all she got.

Seconded by 39 enthusiastic approvals - says more about the inhumane vengeful and disgusting nature of a vast majority of characters on this site than the woman in question .

While a lenghty prison sentence is quite appropriate, there is a reason why civilized countries don't resort to physical and psychological torture on a mass scale.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I think you need to give your head a wobble, she smoked dope since the age of 10 she was an addict to heroin at 14 given to her bye her mother she was dealing then, she got locked up in Australia prior to this event for dealing heroin, She did a deal with some aussies who carried internally back to Aus and she met them there to take the gear off them, if that's not a career criminal then I don't know what one is, her whole life revolved around drugs and prostitution. 

Not to mention her association with a Finks OMCG member - if you lie down with dogs, you’ll get up with fleas. 

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you're going on "a book and videos", you know nothing about the conditions of Klong Prem, the facility that also houses the women's prison.    Without exception, all of them comprise over-dramatic exaggerations and lies with the only intentions being to create agitation and as much money as possible for the authors or producers.

And you of course know that from extensive personal experience 

• Confused 1