Foreigners Detained for Illegal Daycare on Koh Pha Ngan

webfact

15 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So it's OK for the Thai Obese lady up the road from me, no education, to run one in a wooden house, open front with no A/C and nothing to play on. ( Thai Kids) 

I sometimes hear them screaming..........TIT

I know a farang woman who opened nursery school, some years ago now, it's still there, but I know at the time the nonsense she had to go through getting licensed and work permits, and that was when things were easy with a few quid under the table, that was here in Phuket, I don't know what it must be like now, maybe they thought sack that, and went the illegal route

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

I know a farang woman who opened nursery school, some years ago now, it's still there, but I know at the time the nonsense she had to go through getting licensed and work permits, and that was when things were easy with a few quid under the table, that was here in Phuket, I don't know what it must be like now, maybe they thought sack that, and went the illegal route

My neighbor certainty does not any license. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My neighbor certainty does not any license. 

If it was my kids I would be making sure the place was licensed, 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

If it was my kids I would be making sure the place was licensed, 

Thais and Foreign workers on a minimum wage don't give a sheet, as long as it's cheap, and I can't blame them for that.

• Like 1

Baby sitting and charging for the service is a Thai person job, and us tourists are not supposed

to baby sit any children except our own. That is a fairly simple concept, is it not?

Common Sense is not that common these days. IMO

On 5/17/2024 at 3:06 AM, KhunLA said:

And yet, that's exactly what most people would want in their home countries. 

Immigrants not taking the jobs away from the citizens of.

Why every country has immigration laws.

I guess that explains why Thailand would never ever use Burmese, Lao or Cambodian workers to do the horrible jobs they wouldn't touch.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mrfill said:

I guess that explains why Thailand would never ever use Burmese, Lao or Cambodian workers to do the horrible jobs they wouldn't touch.

Plenty of 'LEGAL' immigrants allowed in to work, and that's the same with most countries worldwide.   There's the proper way, and the illegal way.   Hopefully they'll get deported, well, the non Thais.

Edited by KhunLA

On 5/17/2024 at 5:08 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Do you think it is safe to drop your young kids off at a place run by a tourist?

Just as safe as dropping kids off at a place run by Thais imo.

• Agree 1

On 5/17/2024 at 4:33 AM, ezzra said:

Judging by the pose of the burly, standing at attention officials and one young, lone lady, one would think that they caught and apprehended some archcriminal or a mastermind of crime gang...

Don't think so, she hasn't got handcuff's on.....:coffee1:

On 5/17/2024 at 5:08 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Do you think it is safe to drop your young kids off at a place run by a tourist?

I did laugh at the owner, that can't be located, was from Belarus.......🤭

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 11:08 PM, FritsSikkink said:

licensed daycare centre requirements

The daycare manager must comply with a set of conditions in order to be eligible to run such a center. These are:

proper training: adequate courses are needed to perform this type of work and the applicant must bring and proof of graduation;

moral conduct: the applicant must not be impaired morally or deficient in any manner and he/she must have no record of misconduct with children;

health: the person must be in good health, not addicted to narcotics and with no contagious disease;

criminal record: the applicant’s criminal record must be clean; the only offenses permitted are petty ones.

https://thaicompanyformation.com/opening-a-daycare-center-for-children-in-thailand/

Its unlikely that Gary Glitter would be approved to run a licensed daycenter for children as he would fail most of the above requirements

but if he was running an unlicensed daycentre how many forum members would send their children to it

On 5/16/2024 at 9:40 PM, ukrules said:

The horror 🤣

It's disgraceful.

Firstly they are outside the law when looking after children.

Secondly there is the wakeboard business.

It's not just Russians, loads of Brits and of others just think the immigration laws don't apply to them (because they are white??)

THese businesses have no legal right to operate and therefore if there are problems there is no way to get redress.

THere should be a big clean up campaign - dive schools, gyms, schools tour guides etc etc all working outside the law.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/17/2024 at 12:29 PM, brianthainess said:

So it's OK for the Thai Obese lady up the road from me, no education, to run one in a wooden house, open front with no A/C and nothing to play on. ( Thai Kids) 

I sometimes hear them screaming..........TIT

Exactly 

THese people have kids entrusted to them - if there is an accident it is unlikely they will be insured.

THey won't have a teaching licence or police check

How are we to know if they are sex offenders or not?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, kwilco said:

THere should be a big clean up campaign - dive schools, gyms, schools tour guides etc etc all working outside the law.

The people who run the dive schools would love to have Thai employees teaching their customers.

Unfortunately, not many Thais want to do the job.

Edited by Tropicalevo

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

The people who run the dive schools would love to have Thai employees teaching their customers.

Unfortunately, not many Thais want to do the job.

Bit out of date - 30 years ago there was no-one to do the job - now there are plenty - many foreigners are running these schools illegally - again it poses a question of redress in the case of accident or refr=funds legal action etc.