Why so many Effeminate Men in Thailand

22 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Different culture - Buddhist passivity, hierarchy, poverty. Macho-man swagger isn't part of the deal.

Until you put them behind the wheel of any vehicle.............

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you and your colleagues go to the wrong places.

Or just tell some of those womanly men what you think about them. It might be an interesting experience. 😉 

top-fighters-now.jpg

You're talking about a few hundred out of 35 million.  There are many boys here that do not have fathers, or at least real men as fathers, who teach them to be men. Many learn from friends in the same positions, as can be seen when a group needs to gang up on one armed with weapons and kick them when they're down. A real father doesn't teach their sons this behavior, but how to fight fairly and also how to treat others, especially women.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

The aircraft stops at the gate and they deplane.🤔

Then start posting all kinds of leftist messages attacking Trump and defending Biden.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, actonion said:

In  a country where ( most)  of the Women are  very attractive,  and the Men so  unattractive, not good looking at all 

"...the Men so  unattractive, not good looking at all".

You seem to be a connoisseur of men's attractiveness, which country produces the most attractive blokes in your eyes?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, actonion said:

In  a country where ( most)  of the Women are  very attractive,  and the Men so  unattractive, not good looking at all 

As everywhere in the world, it's the cross-breeds between different ethnic groups that produce the (physically) most attractive - and healthiest - individuals.

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you and your colleagues go to the wrong places.

Or just tell some of those womanly men what you think about them. It might be an interesting experience. 😉 

top-fighters-now.jpg

Rodtang is a beast.

11 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

You're talking about a few hundred out of 35 million.  There are many boys here that do not have fathers, or at least real men as fathers, who teach them to be men. Many learn from friends in the same positions, as can be seen when a group needs to gang up on one armed with weapons and kick them when they're down. A real father doesn't teach their sons this behavior, but how to fight fairly and also how to treat others, especially women.

Well when you say a real father, I think what you are referring to is a good father. Some of us were very fortunate and were blessed to have one, many are unfortunate and don't have one, and some may have one who has forgotten the art of parenting, which is a worldwide phenomenon now, and is not just happening in Thailand. 

I've often noticed that a lot of Thai men are a effeminate, and I agree that it is definitely a phenomena here, but I don't really care. It is a little confusing sometimes as I often just presume that they're gay, and later find out they are married to a woman, and have a family.

It doesn't bother me, live and let live, water off a duck's back. 

• Like 1

Because they don't have to hide out of fear of antagonizing the hyper masculine super-straight. They also don't get harrassed, laughed or sneered at in Thailand. They can just be themselves, as it should be. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/18/2024 at 11:29 AM, Angus55 said:

My colleagues and I have often speculated on the reasons for the comparatively high numbers of image.jpeg.6effc20b9d21efee180334f03e3ebf1d.jpegwomanly men in Thailand. What do you think are the reasons?

And what about that photo? What has this to do with your question? Is it you???😳

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 3:09 PM, Denim said:

How does the OP like his men ?   Butch , well 'ard ?

oh no, I'm eating a donut with pink frosting

Edited by fondue zoo
I lied, I'm eating two.

For anyone seriously interested in this topic and wishes to understand more about it should start reading Geert Hofstede’s “Cultures and Organisations, Software of the Mind”, that will help a great deal towards better understanding these differences. Although the book/study is from 1982, his findings still stand strong today.

Maybe the questions is put the wrong way around.

Maybe a better questions would be: "Why do western men feel the need to try and act so macho and affect so much swagger?".

I have not noticed that Thai men are effeminate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/20/2024 at 1:26 AM, spidermike007 said:

I've often noticed that a lot of Thai men are a effeminate, and I agree that it is definitely a phenomena here, but I don't really care. It is a little confusing sometimes as I often just presume that they're gay, and later find out they are married to a woman, and have a family.

A friend once said the only difference between gay and straight in the hub of effeminate men is a bottle of Sangsom.