Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

I am beginning to think that the prime US goal is degrade Russian capabilities, not necessarily have Ukraine win. So, letting Russia inch into Ukraine at a high cost in troops and equipment doesn't have a downside for the US.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I am beginning to think that the prime US goal is degrade Russian capabilities, not necessarily have Ukraine win. So, letting Russia inch into Ukraine at a high cost in troops and equipment doesn't have a downside for the US.

You are not entirely wrong there. Some disgusting US politicians have said as much. However I don’t think that this goal will be achieved. The longer this conflict drags on, the more fed up the ROW will be with the collective west. Also it costs much less for Russia to produce the arms and munitions necessary than it does for the American and western taxpayer. Russia also has the support of China and when push comes to shove, it’s very clear who will emerge victorious in this war of attrition.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

On 5/19/2024 at 8:35 PM, Hummin said:

And what Trump do, is the squise a little bit harder to milk members a bit more

Try to keep up. Trump wants them to commit to the accepted level of expenditure, and even 3% is not excessive. I'm sure he's not the only American unhappy that Euro countries want the US to bail them out without fulfilling their side of the bargain.

As for conscripting the youth, good idea. Get them out of mummy's basement and show them that life isn't a bed of roses.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You could be right. They apparently tried that in Afghanistan,

It keeps the taxpayer subsidizing the US arms industry, which makes the 1% happy. If the war ends, there is little need to keep investing in offensive weapons.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

When you read between the lines, it looks like the west is soon going to get involved with Ukraine against the Russians, that is my opinion when you read things like this in the British press

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13444625/oliver-dowden-stockpile-national-resilience-power-cuts-cyber-attacks-floods.html

Never heard a British government say something like this, going to be power cuts, why? Nowhere is having them at the moment

Floods? It's summer nearly, and wind up radios? 

They know something for sure

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Seppius said:

When you read between the lines, it looks like the west is soon going to get involved with Ukraine against the Russians, that is my opinion when you read things like this in the British press

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13444625/oliver-dowden-stockpile-national-resilience-power-cuts-cyber-attacks-floods.html

Never heard a British government say something like this, going to be power cuts, why? Nowhere is having them at the moment

Floods? It's summer nearly, and wind up radios? 

They know something for sure

Cyberattacks, everything works by cyber stuff now, you can't buy food now unless the teller machine is working...🤭

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seppius said:

When you read between the lines, it looks like the west is soon going to get involved with Ukraine against the Russians

I think Europe/NATO/US is already at war with Russia they just have not actually declared it yet...much like all the other undeclared wars.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, johng said:

I think Europe/NATO/US is already at war with Russia they just have not actually declared it yet...much like all the other undeclared wars.

What other undeclared wars......?  🤔

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Ukrainian Missiles Are Blowing Up The Black Sea Fleet’s New Missile Corvettes Faster Than Russia Can Build Them

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2024/05/21/ukrainian-missiles-are-blowing-up-the-black-sea-fleets-new-missile-corvettes-faster-than-russia-can-build-them/

Can Russia bring ships down a river from northern Russia into the Black Sea?

23 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Strange that there isn’t actual footage to support this claim. Not a porky pie surely?

Oh, I forgot. There is a link, so it must be true…

The news comes from Russian reports.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, johng said:

They have openly stated that degrading Russia economically and militarily is the goal and that Ukrainian losses are well worth the price !

quite disgusting really.

What country do you come from, regarding "losses disgusting"........?  🤔

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Try to keep up. Trump wants them to commit to the accepted level of expenditure, and even 3% is not excessive. I'm sure he's not the only American unhappy that Euro countries want the US to bail them out without fulfilling their side of the bargain.

As for conscripting the youth, good idea. Get them out of mummy's basement and show them that life isn't a bed of roses.

I do not know if you know how valuable this treaty is for Usa, and as a businessman Trump is, he is trying to squeeze harder to make more out of an already lucrative deal for Usa. Not only weapons, but also bilateral deals. 

We will see how long some of the previous east block members choose to sit still, and what side they finely choose to be on. This have just started. 

Read about how the 3% GDP requirment, and know what you talking about when you claim it is a fair goal for every member to reach, especially thinking about Trumps mafia methods, you can imagine how well taken this is among Nato members. Still I have thought long time before we have built down our own self defense in Norway, and invested in more mobility defense where we have participated abroad more and more. We also changed our laws, so Norwegian soldiers could participate in wars under foreign countrol, and not only Un missions. 

We have now troops in Asia, middle east, Africa, on the boarder to Russia in Lithuania and also training personell in Ukraine. 

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The news comes from Russian reports.

Really? I don’t think so. All the reports I read are pro-Ukrainian and western media and practically all had a disclaimer. Simply put, there was zero evidence of it happening. Basically, it didn’t happen.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I do not know if you know how valuable this treaty is for Usa, and as a businessman Trump is, he is trying to squeeze harder to make more out of an already lucrative deal for Usa. Not only weapons, but also bilateral deals. 

We will see how long some of the previous east block members choose to sit still, and what side they finely choose to be on. This have just started. 

Read about how the 3% GDP requirment, and know what you talking about when you claim it is a fair goal for every member to reach, especially thinking about Trumps mafia methods, you can imagine how well taken this is among Nato members. Still I have thought long time before we have built down our own self defense in Norway, and invested in more mobility defense where we have participated abroad more and more. We also changed our laws, so Norwegian soldiers could participate in wars under foreign countrol, and not only Un missions. 

We have now troops in Asia, middle east, Africa, on the boarder to Russia in Lithuania and also training personell in Ukraine. 

Why do you have troops thousands of kms away from your own borders? Creating tension and chaos no doubt. I don’t see any Asian or African countries having troops in Europe or the Americas.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Why do you have troops thousands of kms away from your own borders? Creating tension and chaos no doubt. I don’t see any Asian or African countries having troops in Europe or the Americas.

We are part of a treaty and do our share to keep our countries interests and  our partners safe as well  for our workers, infrastructure and businesses whe have invested in. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1