Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

10 minutes ago, rabas said:

I DID PROVIDE A LINK. <== emergency use of large font

It was the sole purpose of my original post:image.png.3a6d596e81c85b03cb024e909caf06d6.png

It would be nice if you acknowledge your error.

Looks like you have too much time on your hands, lol.

When do you plan to stop digging?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2024/03/22/russian-navy-fired-on-civilian-fishing-trawler-killing-sailors-dozhd-a84568

The Russian navy accidentally fired on a fishing trawler during training exercises earlier this week, causing an explosion and killing three people on board the vessel, the independent broadcaster Dozhd reported, citing one of the victims’ relatives.

7 hours ago, rabas said:

I DID PROVIDE A LINK. <== emergency use of large font

It was the sole purpose of my original post:image.png.3a6d596e81c85b03cb024e909caf06d6.png

It would be nice if you acknowledge your error.

I'll admit that I missed the one word indicating that it was a link.

When I post a link I quote something from the quoted link and I put the link address above it. That way everyone knows it is a link.

• Haha 1

Just for once, I would like to hear about some new weapon transferred to Ukraine *after* it's first use.

Instead of "we're planning to send a missile with a 200 km range to Ukraine next week".

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Russia can't beat Ukraine, how are they going to beat NATO? Get real.

So all this talk about Moldova/Kazakhstan/Poland/Baltic chihuahuas next after Ukraine is pure nonsense, right? Just western propaganda to keep the grift going which some gullible people on here swallow, hook, line and sinker.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

So all this talk about Moldova/Kazakhstan/Poland/Baltic chihuahuas next after Ukraine is pure nonsense, right? Just western propaganda to keep the grift going which some gullible people on here swallow, hook, line and sinker.

That talk is based on Putin's ambitions.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, jas007 said:

Fictional essays?  Here’s the situation, in reality:  Regardless of NATOs intentions towards Russia, what matters is Russia’s perception.  Russia perceives a credible threat, and the West has to deal with Russia in reality, not in some delusional fantasyland. And that’s what the West gets from its spin doctors. A delusional fantasy. Unfortunately, some people believe that fantasy, and so the world is now in grave danger. 

Russia “slogging away” at Ukraine?  That’s the propaganda, to be sure. In reality, Russia hasn’t really been at war. They’re taking it slow on purpose. They term it an “special military operation.” And that strategy seems to be working.  Ukraine has lost 500.000 soldiers and is running out of fresh meat for the meat grinder.  If Russia was really at war with Ukraine, Kiev would have been reduced to rubble by now.

To add to that, it’s really not just Ukraine that’s fighting Russia. If not for the billions of dollars of ammo, weapons and possibly soldiers as well, this conflict would have been over long, long ago.

But alas, some people are so wrapped up in their illogical hatred that they have lost their ability to view and analyse reality.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Russia has wisely, decided not to launch a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Firstly, Russia has no intention of conquering Ukraine. If it did, it would have to launch a full scale invasion and it is apparently well known in military doctrine that such a move would result in something like a 3:1 casualty rate. Instead, Russia’s intention was to prevent Ukraine from joining NATO and to de-militarise the Ukrainian army that had been trained, supplied and supported by NATO for years. In order to achieve this, Russia has decided on a war of attrition which by all accounts, seems to be working out as planned. It’s been 2+years like you said and during this time, Russia’s economy has been growing at an incredible rate compared to that of the EU and even the US. I don’t think I’ve ever come across an article that claims that Ukraine is winning or that it is likely to win. If you have any,links to such a claim, feel free to share. Russia is able to continue such a strategy indefinitely. I doubt the collective west can.

Your wife’s opinion on anything is of no interest to me whatsoever so I stopped reading your post at that point.

Is that the latest from your side................🤣

• Agree 2