Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

11 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Russian courts be like Thai courts - the outcome is never in doubt. Apparently the most popular search engine in Russia is Yandex which was sold cheap to a Russian consortium. As Lenin wrote, “When it comes time to hang the capitalists, they will vie with each other for the rope contract.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68213191

Putin seizes $100m from Google to fund Russia’s war machine  - Bailiffs funnel tech giant’s cash to pay for war propaganda

https://archive.is/SqVCQ#selection-2403.4-2407.66

good the US seized Russian assets and gave them to Ukrainke, som nom nah!

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The final verdict, Savill predicted, would depend on the “cost Ukraine has to pay” for its lightning cross-border assault. If the operation forces Russia to “thin out” its front line and “creates a sea change in international support, with renewed equipment for Ukraine and a change in the caveats about its use of western long-range weapons in Russia, that would also be a win”, he said.

That plays both ways. If Ukraine ups the missile attacks inside Russia it will result in more Russian missile attacks and we know what the targets will likely be. If Russia gets punished too much IMO it is more likely that tactical nukes will be used and if that happens it's anyone's guess how it ends up.

In case anyone missed it this is what escalation looks like.

Round and round we go and where we end up nobody knows.

• Confused 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Reminds me of the famous Groucho Marx qoute "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." !

Off topic insensitive nonsense. I was referring to the documented facts of the atrocities in Bucha.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Zelensky concedes that Russia has dealt heavy damage to Ukraine's energy sector. He appeals for European nations to reach consensus and start shooting down enemy missiles over Ukraine, just like they did in the Middle East. He has now repeatedly called out the US (leader of NATO), the UK (the most war hawkish nation) and France (strategic leader of Europe) for failing to meet his expectations, in terms of weapon deliveries, air defenses and now consensus on escalation. If these three are letting him down, what hope does Ukraine even have? When the US used to boast of bombing countries back to the stone age it wasn't funny then and it isn't funny now.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 4

Latest ground maps of both sides gains. Ukraine still inching forwards in Kursk and Russians doing the same further south.

Russia has not yet moved forces from its main front to reinforce Kursk indicating that they are in no rush to eject the Ukrainians from Russian territory.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Latest ground maps of both sides gains. Ukraine still inching forwards in Kursk and Russians doing the same further south.

Russia has not yet moved forces from its main front to reinforce Kursk indicating that they are in no rush to eject the Ukrainians from Russian territory.

Given there is no army hiding and waiting to follow up the invasion, seems to me that this was Zelensky's Battle of the Bulge, a last gasp before the inevitable end.

Russia can leave them there till their supplies run out.

In my and other's opinion, this was an attempt to divert good troops from the big prize in the east, but Russia didn't take the bait. Once Pokrovsk falls the end can't be far off.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

He appeals for European nations to reach consensus and start shooting down enemy missiles over Ukraine, just like they did in the Middle East. He has now repeatedly called out the US (leader of NATO), the UK (the most war hawkish nation) and France (strategic leader of Europe) for failing to meet his expectations, in terms of weapon deliveries, air defenses and now consensus on escalation.

Shouldn't have trusted them.

Now all Zelensky can do is rage impotently as Ukraine burns.

I for one hope they don't be so foolish as to become directly involved- that's a straight path to MAD.

• Confused 1