Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

On 9/18/2024 at 3:03 PM, tgw said:

yes, that's something I have been saying for years already.

Russian disinformation networks need to be silenced and their supporters (Musk, Tucker Carlson, corrupt Western influencers) reigned in.

I'm happy to see the West is finally taking steps against it.

The Russians have been at it for well over ten years already. It will stop now.

Musk's world will eventually start to collapse post election. He is a very arrogant and cocky man and has done a lot of damage to the US economy with his manipulations. People complain about George Soros, but Musk  is sometimes doing worse.  He assumes he has Trump under his thumb and he assumes he can intimidate and sabotage a Democrat administration. He is mistaken. Trump is no fool. Both Republican and Democrat  congressional members are just waiting for the right time and then they will attack. Zuckerberg of Facebook/Instagram will get his too.  Many of the western influencers who sold their platforms to Russian state actors will eventually have to take responsibility for their actions. They are slowly being exposed and they will eventually  have to answer for taking foreign agent money and in some cases making false tax declarations.  To a certain extent the Ukraine war has benefited  democracy as it has exposed  the free world's weaknesses to manipulation and  disinformation campaigns. Better it is addressed now than when there is a worldwide conflict.

The use of drones has changed conflict strategy, much as the use of IEDs changed the use of armored vehicles in Afghanistan, and anti tank weapons changed the use of tanks in the 1970's and 1980's. It  looks to me that the war is primarily being fought with missile barrages and drones, with close contact engagements fought under drone  umbrellas. It is a real shocker to me to see personnel wiped out by drones. And to be honest, the Ukrainian use of incendiary weapons dispersed by drones is repugnant. I make no bones about my opposition to the Russian invasion, but burning people alive is too much for me.  The takeaways are that the world will face  new threats in the coming years from terrorists who will use drones to inflict far greater damage than a Madrid train bombing or 9/11.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Nice try.

We all know he's bluffing by now.

We all know that, for example, bungee jumping is a kind of bluffing, not a real deadly jump. Because all the jumpers have life saving rope. However, not many people are brave enough to withstand this type of bluff and to jump finally.
Vladimir knows it for sure. His inflatable toy rockets are ready to scare the living daylights out of Americans. And Z Russians are looking forward to the show starting.

9 minutes ago, tgw said:

In hindsight, I'm surprised they didn't offer Putin's account as well.

Vladimir Putin does not have it. As a Z Russian I would recommend you to follow Dmitry Medvedev instead.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1