Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

38 minutes ago, tgw said:

thanks for making the Russian point of view clear.

in the civilized world, many countries are friends with other countries.

It is like you see a beautiful Thai girl and another guy see her on a beach. You can say many civilized things, something about human rights or so - but the fact is ... 1 girl and two guys wanting her. So there is an objective situation of competition. Regardless of what these two guys say.
Same thing with the countries. There is only one Earth and a lot of countries wanting land and resources.  So again there is an objective situation of competition. No matter what anyone can say or not say. And in fact we see that nothing changed on earth - the same number of conflicts around the world and the reason is the same - land and resources.

12 minutes ago, tgw said:

Russia clearly doesn't have enough resources, the poor darling.

Of course yes. We desperately need resources. Our leader, Vladimir explained that. Enormously big land with extremely low population per square kilometer. We simply cannot control such a big territory any more. We need people. And Ukraine have 38 millions of native Russian speakers - Human Resources that we need desperately to survive as a nation.

Edited by zmisha
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zmisha said:

You should know the main basic thing of geopolitics - there are no friends among countries - all the countries are competitors (= enemies) and, consequently, don't like one another as groups or nations. Yes, this is that simple. But sometimes competitors work together to defeat other competitor. That is called "friends" but it does not mean actually "friends".
What are examples of friends in the modern world? US and UK? Maybe but if you think a bit - you will find that a lot of countries that were colonies of British Empire in the past are now pseudo-colonies of US. So what will happen if one day US become weaker than UK? The later will grab the former by the throat and the reason named will be something about democracy human rights etc... But the underlying reason will be that UK never forget who stole its colonies.
In the times of WW2 UK US and USSR were "friends". This is another example of this simple geopolitical rule.

It's interesting, but it was not the issue I addressed in my post.

It you hadn't truncated my post and cited only a sentence out if context, it would have been obvious.

12 minutes ago, candide said:

It's interesting, but it was not the issue I addressed in my post.

It you hadn't truncated my post and cited only a sentence out if context, it would have been obvious.

The issue that you addressed is about sympathizing Russians as people and not sympathizing as Group or nation. And I explained the underlying reason for that - all the countries in the world are competitors. Simple and straightforward And I also explained why sympathizing people of other countries is rather a myth and reflection of temporary political games than a real sympathy.

50 minutes ago, tgw said:

it's a bit like when I go to a Thai beach accompanied by a gaggle of stunning 18 year old giks of mine but I spot another guy on the beach with a nice girl, so I go there and beat him up to take his girl.
probably makes perfect sense from a Russian's point of view.

Let's analyze the situation with the Ukrainian girl with a western guy on a Thai beach. And there is a Russian guy wanting her also. The situation is radically changed if it turned out that the Ukrainian girl is still married to the Russian guy. And she even did not tried to divorce.
We discussed this in detail here - 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, zmisha said:

The issue that you addressed is about sympathizing Russians as people and not sympathizing as Group or nation. And I explained the underlying reason for that - all the countries in the world are competitors. Simple and straightforward And I also explained why sympathizing people of other countries is rather a myth and reflection of temporary political games than a real sympathy.

Again it's not the point I addressed. Maybe I was not so clear. It was not about international policies and relations at the state level, it was about people.

My point was about behaviour  and mindset (of  course, it's oversimplified). Individually, Russian people are usually quite nice. Collectively, they tend to adopt an attitude of domination and even an imperialist mindset.

2 hours ago, zmisha said:

Of course yes. We desperately need resources. Our leader, Vladimir explained that. Enormously big land with extremely low population per square kilometer. We simply cannot control such a big territory any more. We need people. And Ukraine have 38 millions of native Russian speakers - Human Resources that we need desperately to survive as a nation.

I vaguely recall Hitler saying similar words as he annexed Austria.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, zmisha said:

There is one remarkable difference. Austria was not a part of Germany. But Ukraine was a part of SU. And the main problem is that to perform the divorce, Gorbachev created illegal organ that is not present in the SU constitution. So the entire divorce is a fake. It is like a girl Jane created an imaginary organ "Jane`s divorce committee" and that committee issued the decision to divorce. 
https://aseannow.com/topic/1336325-spirit-of-ukraine-independence-day-august-24-2024/page/2/#comment-19188819

The Soviet Union is dead. Sorry.

Your position is similar to if Hitler had claimed that the Holy Roman Empire was never legally shut down, and therefore Austria and Germany were one country.

For that matter, the Russian monarchy was never formally abolished by the rules of the monarchy, and therefore Putin needs to step down.

Edited by Danderman123

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The Soviet Union is dead. Sorry.

There is no such organ "Sorry" in the world laws.
If something ceased to exist you should show the paper which has a unique number.
By the way, several years ago Dmitry Medvedev cancelled several SU laws and now the Ministry of Justice wants to cancel some others. Haha
The SU laws are still effective but according to the law they have lower priority than the Russian laws.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, zmisha said:

There is no such organ "Sorry" in the world laws.
If something ceased to exist you should show the paper which has a unique number.
By the way, several years ago Dmitry Medvedev cancelled several SU laws and now the Ministry of Justice wants to cancel some others. Haha
The SU laws are still effective but according to the law they have lower priority than the Russian laws.

The context of Putin's illegal invasion of Ukraine, Russian laws don't matter.

2 hours ago, zmisha said:

Let's analyze the situation with the Ukrainian girl with a western guy on a Thai beach. And there is a Russian guy wanting her also. The situation is radically changed if it turned out that the Ukrainian girl is still married to the Russian guy. And she even did not tried to divorce.

delusional abusive violent ex.

okay.

I like your analogies because they are spot-on, you even roleplay the delusion.

22 minutes ago, zmisha said:

In context of Ukraine that has never left the Soviet Union, it is not invasion, it is Special Military Operation inside the SU borders. And this operation is performed by the leader of the country which is the successor of the SU in UN (= just a SU with the different name) and in fact - has the place of the SU in the Security Council.

When did the UN recognise former SU borders as Russia's borders? 😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tgw said:

delusional abusive violent ex.

okay.

I like your analogies because they are spot-on, you even roleplay the delusion.

Maybe. But what do you think about if you hear that a Ukrainian girl from a neighboring house says "Vladimir, Stop! This is invasion!" in a loud voice? You must be thinking that "Well, this guy is still married to her. So it's not invasion, it is Special Husband Operation!"

44 minutes ago, zmisha said:

In context of Ukraine that has never left the Soviet Union, it is not invasion, it is Special Military Operation inside the SU borders. And this operation is performed by the leader of the country which is the successor of the SU in UN (= just a SU with the different name) and in fact - has the place of the SU in the Security Council.

Anyone who was opposed to the Soviet Union should likewise oppose Russia, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, candide said:

When did the UN recognise former SU borders as Russia's borders? 😀

UN was created as a result of WW2 in order to maintain the WW borders and resolve conflicts. UN does not bother about what the countries are doing inside their borders. And the WW2 was all about lands and borders, nothing else. The fact that Russia is the successor of the SU in UN means exactly that UN recognize the former SU borders as Russia`s borders. Otherwise, Russia should leave the UN Security Council.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, zmisha said:

Maybe. But what do you think about if you hear that a Ukrainian girl from a neighboring house says "Vladimir, Stop! This is invasion!" in a loud voice? You must be thinking that "Well, this guy is still married to her. So it's not invasion, it is Special Husband Operation!"

In the civilized world, it will be considered trespassing and if forcing sex, it will be rape, regardless if still married or not.

Continue with your analogies, you are perfectly explaining why Russia belongs into prison.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Anyone who was opposed to the Soviet Union should likewise oppose Russia, right?

As it was explained above, there is no friends among countries, all the countries are competitors, not regarding they agree with it or not.

13 minutes ago, tgw said:

In the civilized world, it will be considered trespassing and if forcing sex, it will be rape, regardless if still married or not.

Continue with your analogies, you are perfectly explaining why Russia belongs into prison.

After Putin falls, the new Russian government may agree to deliver Russian war criminals to The Hague for trial. 

• Haha 1

Vladimir Putin is once again fearlessly scaring the US with his new nuclear doctrine. The decision to change the nuclear doctrine was not easy for Russia. Lavrov has recently complained that the Americans are squeezing his and his friends' balls to force them to vote correctly (squeezing balls was called "arm twisting" in the diplomatic language he used) . That's how, overcoming the pain, Russia makes tough decisions.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-says-russia-reserves-right-use-nuclear-weapons-if-attacked-2024-09-25/

Edited by zmisha
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zmisha said:

Vladimir Putin is once again fearlessly scaring the US with his new nuclear doctrine. The decision to change the nuclear doctrine was not easy for Russia. Lavrov has recently complained that the Americans are squeezing his and his friends' balls to force them to vote correctly (squeezing balls is called "arm twisting" in the diplomatic language he used) . That's how, overcoming the pain, Russia makes tough decisions.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-says-russia-reserves-right-use-nuclear-weapons-if-attacked-2024-09-25/

Watch and learn.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zmisha said:

UN was created as a result of WW2 in order to maintain the WW borders and resolve conflicts. UN does not bother about what the countries are doing inside their borders. And the WW2 was all about lands and borders, nothing else. The fact that Russia is the successor of the SU in UN means exactly that UN recognize the former SU borders as Russia`s borders. Otherwise, Russia should leave the UN Security Council.

You are making it up.