Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

On 7/11/2024 at 7:27 PM, Seppius said:

We are in a phony war already

"The Phoney War was an eight-month period at the start of World War II during which there was only one limited military land operation on the Western Fron"

"I despise warmongers"

So condemn Putin

I never mentioned a phoney war. The one in Ukraine is hardly phoney for the boys dying in it.

Shall I also condemn every other warmonger on the planet to satisfy your baiting? There are plenty of them to talk about if that is what you want, but it's like Ukraine is the only war going on to read some posts.

I don't need to mention Putin as he is a dictator doing what dictators do. What annoys me though are those that think everyone on "our side" is a good person, which is a nonsense.

The ones that want "us" to go in have obviously no idea of what a war is like, but I notice it's always other people that have to do the "going in" and the dying, while they post from thousands of miles away. It's not even as though they couldn't join in if they really wanted to- they will find something for even the oldest warmonger to do.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

I haven't said one word about Ukrainians, more about how Eu and Usa have delt with the matter. 

All you need to understand Hummin is Putin has been Committing war crimes since the start of the war in Ukraine trying to force Ukraine to give up its Country and be part of Russia. He has ignored all warnings of rules of Engagement and Targeted civilians and civilian infrastructure, he has ignored the Geneva Convention. Like all Dictators from Hitler to Gaddafi his day will come. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Hummin said:

Usa and Israel sending missiles to take out their enemies? Killing innocent doing so

It is all about how you see things in perspective, and enemy of state will always be an enemy of the state, and there will be consequences. People are pursued and prosequted as well convicted for telling the truth to in the west. Julian Assange and Edward Snowden comes to mind.

Answer this Hummin why was a kids hospital Targeted with a precision Missile ? were they a threat to Russia?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Answer this Hummin why was a kids hospital Targeted with a precision Missile ? were they a threat to Russia?

Terror bombing civilians is barbaric no matter who it is. Simple as that

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

Terror bombing civilians is barbaric no matter who it is. Simple as that

The question was about the reason for doing it.

And then, in this war, who is "terror bombing civilians" ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't need to mention Putin as he is a dictator doing what dictators do. What annoys me though are those that think everyone on "our side" is a good person, which is a nonsense.

Orban is on "our side"... theoretically. And he's not a good person.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tgw said:

The question was about the reason for doing it.

And then, in this war, who is "terror bombing civilians" ?

Your questions is obvious, the Russians, seems people mix up reasoning why things happens with some kind of support for Putin and Russia. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never mentioned a phoney war. The one in Ukraine is hardly phoney for the boys dying in it.

Shall I also condemn every other warmonger on the planet to satisfy your baiting? There are plenty of them to talk about if that is what you want, but it's like Ukraine is the only war going on to read some posts.

The ones that want "us" to go in have obviously no idea of what a war is like, but I notice it's always other people that have to do the "going in" and the dying, while they post from thousands of miles away. It's not even as though they couldn't join in if they really wanted to- they will find something for even the oldest warmonger to do.

Please show posts stating or implying everyone on our side is a good person.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Your questions is obvious, the Russians, seems people mix up reasoning why things happens with some kind of support for Putin and Russia.

okay, and the reasoning some people suggest is that Ukraine should have known, they should have yielded, etc.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, tgw said:

okay, and the reasoning some people suggest is that Ukraine should have known, they should have yielded, etc.

What did you expect thinking back on all neighboorhood interventions, not only Russias since the 9o'ies. 

It is an automatical response from any power who feel they have anything to say or loose. 

What is mindbugging, is what EU and Us promised before the invasion started, that led Zelenskyj think he could win anything by stsmaying and fight this war. 

Edited by Hummin

39 minutes ago, tgw said:

I expected Russia to become part of what we call "the West".

This would have happened if Yelzin transferred power to someone who believed in democracy.

The problem was that Yelzin transferred power to Putin in exchange for Yelzin's family and "the family" - extended clan of oligarchs aligned with Yelzin. Putin would of course renege on that deal.

Putin is the main cause of Russia's drifting towards hell since 1998.

He duped the West.

And the West's fault was to not fight Putin early or even at all.

Its in the Russian blood. The chaos after Jeltsine needed a strong hand, unfortunate it became a well trained KGB agent with motivation for a great Russia again. 

Just Pray Trump never gets back in the seat on the other hand.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Its in the Russian blood. The chaos after Jeltsine needed a strong hand, unfortunate it became a well trained KGB agent with motivation for a great Russia again. 

Just Pray Trump never gets back in the seat on the other hand.

The chaos after Yelzin - you mean the chaos which Putin probably instigated himself ?

Chechnia as well as the residential bombing attacks in Moscow are highly suspect.

Yes, Trump must never be in power again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

What did you expect thinking back on all neighboorhood interventions, not only Russias since the 9o'ies. 

It is an automatical response from any power who feel they have anything to say or loose. 

What is mindbugging, is what EU and Us promised before the invasion started, that led Zelenskyj think he could win anything by stsmaying and fight this war. 

Putin also said at the start when his troops were massed on the border of Kyiv we will be raising the Russian flag over the Ukrainian capital in a week. Two years later he is no where near Kyiv. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Zelenskyy was offered a helicopter to fly him and his family out of Danger he stayed with his people to show he is willing to show he is with his troops doing the fighting ans sometimes going to greet his Soldiers fighting at the front. Putin is staying well away in Moscow never been to see his forces in the Ukraine . 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-visits-crimea-anniversary-its-annexation-ukraine-2023-03-18/#:~:text=March 18 (Reuters) - Russian,of the peninsula from Ukraine.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-makes-surprise-trip-mariupol-first-occupied-donbas-ukraine-2023-03-19/

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, stevenl said:

Please show posts stating or implying everyone on our side is a good person.

I gave that a laugh emoji and I'll give you another on here.

I don't know if that baiting or trolling.

:cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

If Zelensky actually believed that he is deluded IMO. Politicians are never to be trusted to keep their word, IMO. Just ask the Kurds about that.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If Zelensky actually believed that he is deluded IMO. Politicians are never to be trusted to keep their word, IMO. Just ask the Kurds about that.

He could probably care less about winning anything.   Guess he and cronies have more than a few healthy bank accounts.   10s of millions of $$$ of aid go missing as he keeps on asking for more.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I gave that a laugh emoji and I'll give you another on here.

I don't know if that baiting or trolling.

:cheesy:

As I thought, you make nonsense claims that you can't substantiate.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jayceenik said:

He isn't exactly near the front line though is he Jayceenik  ever saw him wearing body armour like Ukraine's leader close enough for armed protection no he is in an office in a shirt n tie.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Putin also said at the start when his troops were massed on the border of Kyiv we will be raising the Russian flag over the Ukrainian capital in a week. Two years later he is no where near Kyiv. 

Well he expected a short war alike Georgia, he was wrong. Now he plays to long run, and who is hurting? 

We had people here and world news predicting collaps of Russia in 6 months, then 8 months, then after 12 months, now? Russian building connections world wide, while the west controlling amount of weapons delivered and what tech Ukrainians are allowed to use, and which targets is legitime. 

Ukrainians is being tired down on the frontline, terrorized for years, and how long do you think Zelensky will manage to keep the moral up? How many more years with trench war will it be? 

It is something about treating the devil, and make the devil greater. We will never know what would had been the best solution, now we have to deal with status Q, and that is to make sure Putin do not win.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Kurds is another ethnic group being played by world politics. Sad story

12 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Zelenskyy was offered a helicopter to fly him and his family out of Danger he stayed with his people to show he is willing to show he is with his troops doing the fighting ans sometimes going to greet his Soldiers fighting at the front. Putin is staying well away in Moscow never been to see his forces in the Ukraine . 

And the result of his bravery we see being played out real time today. 

As I answered in the other post, we do not know what would had happenend if he had fled, and the status of Ukraine today, but for sure, the total destruction of borders cities would had been avoided, and many civilian lifes would had been saved. Not to think about 100 of thousands of soldiers. Who knows the true death tolls on both side by now?