Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. The entire planet will not be destroyed, though it's unlikely any humans will survive nuclear winter. It's been there before after the asteroid destroyed the dinosaurs, and there is time for another go before the sun dies.

So you think that people in the US government which develop the Preemptive Nuclear Strike strategy are fools, right? I don't think so.

12 hours ago, zmisha said:

So you think that people in the US government which develop the Preemptive Nuclear Strike strategy are fools, right? I don't think so.

You'll have to give us more than that if it is your contention that such exists. Google has no knowledge of it.

Given that to my knowledge no one seriously believes a first strike would work, you are correct about fools as it IMO doesn't exist except in Neocon's wet dreams.

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You'll have to give us more than that if it is your contention that such exists. Google has no knowledge of it.

Given that to my knowledge no one seriously believes a first strike would work, you are correct about fools as it IMO doesn't exist except in Neocon's wet dreams.

Ironic that you have borrowed my description of you having wet dreams with regard to your vividly imagined scenario, all based on you wetting yourself in fear of the Russians.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Anything to say about the topic, or do you only talk about me?

I've already stated what I wanted to say. I'm not going to waste time and energy arguing with your vivid imagination.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That would be great. I'm not the topic, but you keep talking about me.

Bye.

Yes, I was discussing you in relation to the topic. Was it 'blatantly obvious' to you that Ukraine were going to make an incursion into Russia itself? You need to get off RT and get yourself a life. It's obvious that you don't know anything. You are just busy wetting yourself in fear of your own vivid imagination and Russian propaganda.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Now the Russians are destroying their own bridges as they evacuate, to try and stop Ukrainian advances further to the west.

No choice except to retreat of face being surrounded and cut off by the Ukrainian advance.

Obviously there will be a limit to just how far Ukrainian troops can continue moving forward given that they don't have enough troops to go all the way to Kursk but since Russias response so far has been ineffectual  they can  continue to gobble up land which Russia will have to fight very hard if it ever wants to retake it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

Now the Russians are destroying their own bridges as they evacuate, to try and stop Ukrainian advances further to the west.

Which is normal military policy when retreating.

As a small force the Ukrainians are unlikely to have the means to bridge the rivers which means their vehicles are unable to to advance.

Without vehicles they will have no armoured vehicles or artillery, and getting supplies across will be difficult.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Denim said:

No choice except to retreat of face being surrounded and cut off by the Ukrainian advance.

Obviously there will be a limit to just how far Ukrainian troops can continue moving forward given that they don't have enough troops to go all the way to Kursk but since Russias response so far has been ineffectual  they can  continue to gobble up land which Russia will have to fight very hard if it ever wants to retake it.  

Given that area was poorly defended by Russia, it's not surprising that the Russians are retreating, presumably to a more defensible line where they will dig in.

No one has been mentioning supply lines, but the further the Ukrainians go into Russia the longer the supply lines, which is the vulnerable part of the incursion. If the Russians get around to cutting the supply lines, the Ukrainian forces will run out of fuel and ammunition, and have to surrender. That's basic tactics. We'll have to wait and see if the Russians are able to do that before the Ukrainians retreat. Unless the Ukrainians have an army hiding somewhere to push forward, a small force of 10,000 or so has little chance of keeping what it has captured, once the Russians respond in force. It's probable that any Russian reinforcements will have to be transferred from some distance away, so it will be a while before the real counter attack happens. There may not even be a counter attack, and just go to encircle them from the rear. As I have zero knowledge of the geography of the region the above is just my opinion.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that area was poorly defended by Russia, it's not surprising that the Russians are retreating, presumably to a more defensible line where they will dig in.

No one has been mentioning supply lines, but the further the Ukrainians go into Russia the longer the supply lines, which is the vulnerable part of the incursion. If the Russians get around to cutting the supply lines, the Ukrainian forces will run out of fuel and ammunition, and have to surrender. That's basic tactics. We'll have to wait and see if the Russians are able to do that before the Ukrainians retreat. Unless the Ukrainians have an army hiding somewhere to push forward, a small force of 10,000 or so has little chance of keeping what it has captured, once the Russians respond in force. It's probable that any Russian reinforcements will have to be transferred from some distance away, so it will be a while before the real counter attack happens. There may not even be a counter attack, and just go to encircle them from the rear. As I have zero knowledge of the geography of the region the above is just my opinion.

a small force of 10,000

10k battle ready troops with western equipped weapons is not a small force, you literally have no idea.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well , the Urainian supply line has the advantage that so far it has no bridges or rivers in its rear. The fact that Ukraine is blowing all the major river bridges  in the Russians rear  would suggest that  those rivers will be where the Ukrainians will stop and dig in , behind a natural defensive line.  Also , when you think about it , a 25 kilometer advance into Russia is not that far. I do that distance regularly to our nearest Tesco , although I do it on a good road without having a drone drop things on my car. But it does put the distance in perspective.  A 20 minute drive. 

Ukraine will probably try to hold this land as a bargaining chip in future negotiations since they don't have many other chips. Unlikely that the Russians will be easily able to encircle the Ukrainians on account of said rivers.

I am somewhat curios though about your posts. They give the distinct impression that you would like Russia to win this conflict and gain everything it has set out to take by force. I find this a curious position ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just because someone believes it might not be as easy for Ukraine to defeat Russia as some seem to think, does not mean they are rooting for Russia or a Putin lover. 

Why is this always the attack? I want Ukraine to win, but Russia:

• Has 283 times the area of Ukraine
  • Has 4 times the population of Ukraine
  • Has 10 times the GDP of Ukraine
  • Is Backed by China, North Korea and Iran
  • Has over 5,000 nuclear weapons

The counties that are supporting Ukraine do not have the stomach to start sending their kids there to fight.

Again, I am rooting for Ukraine, but that does not change any of this. 

6 minutes ago, VBer said:

So nazi symbols are fine now?

So where in my post did I say that? They are certainly better than murdering innocent civilians and beheading of Ukraine troops.

Russian soldiers posted a video with the head of a Ukrainian soldier impaled on a stake.

The video appeared in the Russian "Z-channel" Troyka. It was geolocated by the OSINT project DeepState.

The authors are servicemen of the 155th Separate Guards Brigade of Naval Infantry of the Pacific Fleet.

In the video, a man in military uniform and with an altered voice addresses the AFU servicemen:

image.png.5f0d61a2a28eb4d9b7857b826dd15afb.png

https://x.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1824769125459038437

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So where in my post did I say that? They are certainly better than murdering innocent civilians and beheading of Ukraine troops.

My post was about Ukrainian troops wearing ss-marked helmets and cosplaying nazi Germans. In reply of it you posted two pictures with on alive and one dead civilian. How  it connected to nazi symbols?

Moreover, are you sure that no civilians been killed during the operation in Kursk oblast? How did you knew that?

Are you sure that this exact civilian been killed by Russian army, but not by the army who tried to push them out? How did you knew that?

it is not hard to find a picture to find a dead Russian civilian in Kursk oblast, also it in not hard to find a civilian staying happily near Russian troops. You just selected pictures that fit to your narrative as it makes wearing  ss symbols some kind of legit.

• Haha 2