Thai PM Explores Key Investments in Milan

webfact

Posted (edited)

Who knows? Maybe when the infrastructure road show reaches some saturation point, we can start talking about improving education in this country so as to take full advantage of these deals in the long run.

I like the tan leather jacket he's been wearing in these recent pictures; it's a northern Italy speciality.  I have a darker one like it I bought in Florence, but his is nicer. 

Edited by Enzian
clarity

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Deal Talker NOT a Deal Maker - nothing has actually happened and IMO never will.

Why taking a joke isn't the point

Yeah the sales style they have in Thailand will not work in Europe, they would see trough it it lacks contents/details/facts/decision making and everyone nows whatever that guy says can be changed in a week. The weed law is just the most recent proof of that. Nobody wants to do business with unneeded additional risks factors.

That's why for a few sectors like automotive or exporting stuff from Thailand it is fine, as that is kind of 'stable'. But otherwise, not really. But sure Burriram wants to do races since years, so it would be indeed very cool if Thailand could host some events. He is not wrong, he just has to make it happen.

It could have a serious significant and lasting impact on Burriram and the places surrounding it in terms of jobs, hotels, more flights etc if they had like multiple big events there every year. Opening a bar there could be big business for the retired expat there hehe.

I only went there once, for my first girlfriend, when I was 20 years old and I got chased away by 10 thai guys on the first night. Was also my last.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Yeah the sales style they have in Thailand will not work in Europe, they would see trough it it lacks contents/details/facts/decision making and everyone nows whatever that guy says can be changed in a week. The weed law is just the most recent proof of that. Nobody wants to do business with unneeded additional risks factors.

That's why for a few sectors like automotive or exporting stuff from Thailand it is fine, as that is kind of 'stable'. But otherwise, not really. But sure Burriram wants to do races since years, so it would be indeed very cool if Thailand could host some events. He is not wrong, he just has to make it happen.

It could have a serious significant and lasting impact on Burriram and the places surrounding it in terms of jobs, hotels, more flights etc if they had like multiple big events there every year.

The Burriram track is not big/wide enough for F1 and the facilities are not up to scratch either - OK for the MotoGp bikes, but not the 'big boys'.  I doubt very much that the costs to upgrade the track and facilities would be worth it.  F1 is a business and is all about making money from the countries that they take their 'circus' to - huge payments and costs are involved - not as much as the World Cup Football, but in that ballpark.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

to discuss collaborative infrastructure projects in Thailand,

... that no company in Thailand would be able to do ?

What about Thai-italian construction Co . ? ( Premchai )

All blabla ...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has visited Milan, Italy, engaging with major investors from Intesa Sanpaolo to discuss collaborative infrastructure projects in Thailand, including the ambitious Land Bridge project

Begging for investment again..... how about Thailand investing in Thailand, or don't the millions of tourists spend enough.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The visit wasn't solely focused on finance.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner was also on the agenda with a little sightseeing..

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I think that the press should maybe think twice about keep publishing photos of their esteemed leader hobnobbing with a company that harbours a fugitive from justice.

The government seems to like rubbing shoulder with fugitives.

• Agree 1

So all these meetings in Italy happened to be arranged around F1 race weekend in Italy. Maybe accidentally came across the RedBull boy while hanging around the team. Simple minded people thinking they’re sophisticated.  How obvious!