Russian Driver Collides with Motorbike, Leaving One Dead

webfact

8 hours ago, tandor said:

initially there was one photo from which i made my remarks which included possibles and maybes..you obviously had access to more photos ie the plate which i coudlnt see along with light lenses..however i did say regardless the driver of the Ford was reckless and negligent regardless of whether he was intoxicated as alleged. What you won't accept, probably because you're ignorant of this, is that all road users who get involved in an accident are each apporitoned a percentage of the total blame. The mere fact the motor cycle riders (RIP) were on the road and maybe/perhaps/probably doing everything correctly, must still share a certain responsibility because they were there and got hit. All courts of law apportion blame this way, including Thailand who follow the British system in most laws. So no need to nit-pick with me and i hope you learnt something today!

Thank you, maybe this should have been your first post.

Please tell me what I should have learnt.

1. I posted factual information on the accident.

2. I clearly stated earlier I had seen the full videos from the accident scene.

3. I posted real pictures from the accident scene.

4. I did not make assumptions on limited information.

5. I did not call anyone names. 

6. I did not back track on my own comments.

Have a good day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"This incident marks another grim reminder of the dangers posed by" driving under the influence, police never stopping drunk drivers or for  other moving violations....

14 hours ago, Bravefart said:

Sorry I must have missed the part where it said helmets were not worn

The point was there's a significant possibility they weren't given the low incidence of helmet wearing here and to which I referenced,and you can almost guarantee if so it was of poor quality a few hundred baht worth. Mine is a full face HJC I brought from UK along with motorcycle gloves. Cheap helmets for cheap heads is the custom here

On 5/21/2024 at 9:24 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

No, they are not, and no, they cannot be charged as such.

I said "should be" , not could be, will be, can be , it is simply my opinion , not the law... simple english... 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:
On 5/21/2024 at 3:24 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

No, they are not, and no, they cannot be charged as such.

I said "should be" , not could be, will be, can be , it is simply my opinion , not the law... simple english... 

...and I said that they "cannot be", that's simply a fact, the law, not an opinion, also simple English.

I drove 300,000 miles in my last job before coming here. I had 3 accidents, each one caused by people who drove into me from behind. The cause every time was the same, not drunk just not paying enough attention to one of the most dangerous things we do. Of course, I'm ignoring the most dangerous place of all. The Kitchen.

Change the Russians visa back to 30 days like the rest of us,no more favoritism,and place him inside a Thai prisison for a while before black listing hhi.The Thai government made ther bed now they must accept the consequences.

Change the Russians visa back to 30 days like the rest of us,no more favoritism,and place him inside a Thai prisison for a while before black listing hhi.The Thai government made ther bed now they must accept the consequences.

10 hours ago, OldmanJ said:

The Russians get longer as a reciprocal agreement...ie Thais get to go to Russia Visa Exempt if for some strange reason they should want to.