Ireland, Norway, & Spain to Recognize Palestinian State Amid Ongoing Israel-Hamas Conflict

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Unpopular enough that Netanyahu felt he had intervene to help shore up Hamas' popularity. That's how unpopular. Really? Hamas was getting all the aid it wanted from Iran? It didn't want any more? You got some evidence to support that?

But Qatar was delivering this money itself in cash before.

How unpopular was enough in 2018 for Israel to get actively involved in helping?

23 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Winning It. Which means the destruction of Hamas as an entity which is any threat to Israel.

Anything else is just kicking the can down the road.

US intel indicates only 30-35% of Hamas fighters killed, 65% of tunnels are intact – report

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/us-intel-indicates-only-30-35-of-hamas-fighters-killed-65-of-tunnels-are-intact-report/

So, "Winning it" is their strategy. There's a novel idea.

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

How unpopular was enough in 2018 for Israel to get actively involved in helping?

Israel provided security for the operation. It wanted to make sure the money got there.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Israel provided security for the operation. It wanted to make sure the money got there.

Your avoiding the question, you made a claim.

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Wikipedia "From river to sea" Not sure how smart it was of the Spanish deputy prime minister to use this quote! And as said before, bad timing!

But here is wikipedia on the quote and how it have been used historically. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_the_river_to_the_sea

What does 'From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free' mean?

Here is what Palestinian and Jewish groups have to say about the slogan

read more here

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/from-the-river-to-the-sea-palestine-1.7033881

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Wikipedia "From river to sea" Not sure how smart it was of the Spanish deputy prime minister to use this quote! And as said before, bad timing!

But here is wikipedia on the quote and how it have been used historically. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_the_river_to_the_sea

What does 'From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free' mean?

Here is what Palestinian and Jewish groups have to say about the slogan

read more here

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/from-the-river-to-the-sea-palestine-1.7033881

The Israeli Gov has a different view, they are also Jewish. The X post is from the Israeli Political Director's Office

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The Israeli Gov has a different view, they are also Jewish. The X post is from the Israeli Political Director's Office

Do you understand why the slogan is important for the Palestinians? 

Just now, Hummin said:

Do you understand why the slogan is important for the Palestinians? 

It was a Spanish Gov Minister that said it.

Spanish minister condemned after ending speech with ‘river to the sea’ call

Both Israel’s embassy and the Federation of Spanish Jewish Communities condemn Labor and Economy Minister Yolanda Díaz, who also serves as second deputy prime minister in Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez’s government, after she repeated the slogan in a filmed speech Wednesday. The Jewish group also slams fellow lawmaker Sira Rego, who wrote the slogan on X earlier this month.

“Instead of promoting the safety of Spanish Jews, they are encouraging hatred and rejection of them,” the Jewish umbrella group writes.

The slogan “is a clear call for the destruction of Israel, fomenting hate and violence. Antisemitic statements are incompatible with a democratic society and it is unacceptable coming from a deputy prime minister. We hope Spain will live up to its promise” to fight antisemitism, the post says.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/jews-condemn-spanish-minister-for-ending-speech-with-river-to-the-sea-call/

As Rishi Sunak says on mobs that chant this "useful idiots"

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

It was a Spanish Gov Minister that said it.

Spanish minister condemned after ending speech with ‘river to the sea’ call

Both Israel’s embassy and the Federation of Spanish Jewish Communities condemn Labor and Economy Minister Yolanda Díaz, who also serves as second deputy prime minister in Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez’s government, after she repeated the slogan in a filmed speech Wednesday. The Jewish group also slams fellow lawmaker Sira Rego, who wrote the slogan on X earlier this month.

“Instead of promoting the safety of Spanish Jews, they are encouraging hatred and rejection of them,” the Jewish umbrella group writes.

The slogan “is a clear call for the destruction of Israel, fomenting hate and violence. Antisemitic statements are incompatible with a democratic society and it is unacceptable coming from a deputy prime minister. We hope Spain will live up to its promise” to fight antisemitism, the post says.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/jews-condemn-spanish-minister-for-ending-speech-with-river-to-the-sea-call/

As Rishi Sunak says on mobs that chant this "useful idiots"

I asked you, can you understand why the slogan is important for the Palestinians? 

I understand why the Jews is upset! But I understand the orign of the slogan, and also see Hamas have used it or abused it, and I think it was not especially vise of the Spanish deputy prime minister to use it! 

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I asked you, can you understand why the slogan is important for the Palestinians? 

I understand why the Jews is upset! But I understand the orign of the slogan, and also see Hamas have used it or abused it, and I think it was not especially vise of the Spanish deputy prime minister to use it! 

Of course Jews are upset, it means eradicating Israel as a state and all Jewish people, Hamas and its supporters love it. 

GettyImages-1847667894.jpg?w=900

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course Jews are upset, it means eradicating Israel as a state and all Jewish people, Hamas and its supporters love it. 

GettyImages-1847667894.jpg?w=900

Still you avoid the question!

When you look at the map of Israel and palestinian land, what do you see? What do you think about their situation? 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Still you avoid the question!

When you look at the map of Israel and palestinian land, what do you see? What do you think about their situation? 

I couldn't care less about maps. Its the intent of what it means

Rishi Sunak, United Kingdom Prime Minister, took a jibe at popular pro-Palestine chant which has been used in rallies across the globe. While delivering a speech at British parliamentary group Conservative Friends of Israel, Sunak said that “Those who chant ‘from river to the sea, Palestine will be free’, are either useful idiots who do not understand what they are saying, or worse, people who wish to wipe the Jewish state from the map”.

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I couldn't care less about maps. Its the intent of what it means

Rishi Sunak, United Kingdom Prime Minister, took a jibe at popular pro-Palestine chant which has been used in rallies across the globe. While delivering a speech at British parliamentary group Conservative Friends of Israel, Sunak said that “Those who chant ‘from river to the sea, Palestine will be free’, are either useful idiots who do not understand what they are saying, or worse, people who wish to wipe the Jewish state from the map”.

As long hate is as strong as it is on both sides, there is no wonder why this conflict will continue in the future.

Lack of reflection and realism is the problem on both sides. 

Just now, Hummin said:

As long hate is as strong as it is on both sides, there is no wonder why this conflict will continue in the future.

Lack of reflection and realism is the problem on both sides. 

Tell that to the Spanish Minister who said it and those she offended

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Tell that to the Spanish Minister who said it and those she offended

I sit back and wait and see if she gets cancelled or not for express what she feels and feel is right, and her right to say!  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I sit back and wait and see if she gets cancelled or not for express what she feels and feel is right, and her right to say!  

Not sure how she can get canceled, too late, she's said it....lol. However you carry on waiting to keep your sense of reflection and realism to the problem.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not sure how she can get canceled, too late, she's said it....lol. However you carry on waiting to keep your sense of reflection and realism to the problem.

Well, life is easy with one side rhetoric, do not need to question why it is so, and how it ended up as it is! 

To easy

Edited by Hummin

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Were they also shown pictures of Palestinian children dismembered by Israel bombs? Palestinians injured by Israeli war weapons screaming in agony in hospitals without the medical supplies to give them the care they need?

How about video of Israeli ‘settlers’ attacking humanitarian aid convoys?

I expect not.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Were they also shown pictures of Palestinian children dismembered by Israel bombs? Palestinians injured by Israeli war weapons screaming in agony in hospitals without the medical supplies to give them the care they need?

How about video of Israeli ‘settlers’ attacking humanitarian aid convoys?

I expect not.

They have probably seen all those themselves don't you think?

This was a horrific video that the hostages families just gave permission for release. So horrific it showed threats of rape from the terrorists, bloodied innocent girls taken to Gaza and now nobody knows if they are alive or dead in the dark recesses of Hamas tunnels

42 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thats one side of the cruelty, and you choose one side only. Israel is good at using their view only to try to get opinions on their side. 

However it can seem right now it works against them.

Even my father who is 85 years, have changed his view, and I never thought that would happen in his lifetime. Im shocked, 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Thats one side of the cruelty, and you choose one side only. Israel is good at using their view only to try to get opinions on their side. 

However it can seem right now it works against them.

Even my father who is 85 years, have changed his view, and I never thought that would happen in his lifetime. Im shocked, 

Yes it is one side of cruelty, well done, its how the war started. As for your father, I would give you my fathers opinion but he passed away.

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They have probably seen all those themselves don't you think?

This was a horrific video that the hostages families just gave permission for release. So horrific it showed threats of rape from the terrorists, bloodied innocent girls taken to Gaza and now nobody knows if they are alive or dead in the dark recesses of Hamas tunnels

I have absolutely no doubt these videos are horrific, traumatizing even.

I expect Ireland, Norway and Spain will respond to their envoys being subjected to forced viewing of such material and I doubt very much these envoys have any part all to play in the decision by their own Governments to recognize a Palestinian state.

Ireland, Norway and Spain could of course summon the respective Israeli ambassadors, other than of course they’ve already been ordered to flounce.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I have absolutely no doubt these videos are horrific, traumatizing even.

I expect Ireland, Norway and Spain will respond to their envoys being subjected to forced viewing of such material and I doubt very much these envoys have any part all to play in the decision by their own Governments to recognize a Palestinian state.

Ireland, Norway and Spain could of course summon the respective Israeli ambassadors, other than of course they’ve already been ordered to flounce.

If they do respond then please keep us updated about how they feel being forced to watch the truth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

If they do respond then please keep us updated about how they feel being forced to watch the truth.

In the meantime we can all watch Israel’s progressive isolation from nations that were hitherto supportive to Israel.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

In the meantime we can all watch Israel’s progressive isolation from nations that were hitherto supportive to Israel.

Speak for yourself. I watch Israel defending itself from terrorism and Hamas to ensure it never happens again. You can watch what you want.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Do you think if the Palestians attack another kibbutz and incinerate the residents that the terrorists may even garnish more support?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Do you think if the Palestians attack another kibbutz and incinerate the residents that the terrorists may even garnish more support?

‘‘Palestinians’?

I believe the attackers have been identified as members of a particular organization.

So can you be a bit more specific who it is you are referring to, or is that a problem for you?

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Speak for yourself. I watch Israel defending itself from terrorism and Hamas to ensure it never happens again. You can watch what you want.

By all means ignore Israel’s progressing isolation from former supportive nations, it is an isolation that is nevertheless still progressing.