Pay your Citibank credit card bill - even if you don't have it

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I had not noticed, but I'll take your word for it. 

A few minutes after I wrote above, I received a SMS from UOB at 13:28.

Now, 14:50, I just checked in the app. Statements exists up to July. Nothing yet for August.

I can wait a day or two, no problem.

But somehow, I think it would make sense that they send the SMS only after the statement is already available so that people who receive the SMS can open the app, see the statement details, and pay.

But I guess that is just too complicated for those banking professionals... 

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A few minutes after I wrote above, I received a SMS from UOB at 13:28.

Now, 14:50, I just checked in the app. Statements exists up to July. Nothing yet for August.

I can wait a day or two, no problem.

But somehow, I think it would make sense that they send the SMS only after the statement is already available so that people who receive the SMS can open the app, see the statement details, and pay.

But I guess that is just too complicated for those banking professionals... 

I do kind of miss getting paper statements, but I turned those off long before the switch. 

Update: well, in the end I was able to open the statement, I did not read the message with which the statement was sent. The password goes like this: your birthday XX Day XXX month xxxx year add your last 4 digits of your mobile number registered with UOB, so that could look like: 01Feb19601234,

I went to my Bangkok Bank branch at Robinson Surin and the lady who served me was extremely helpful. She was able to put UOB again back into my BBL account. 

After an initial trial payment of 10 Baht the lady asked me to do, UOB confirmed that they had received the transfer, after that I made the full transfer to UOB and that worked!

Voila, this really saved my day!

Edited by Dario
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1