Pay your Citibank credit card bill - even if you don't have it

Wife has had different difficulties... 

The bill has been paid (as we do every month)....   its not registering on the UOB App.

It took over an hour at UOB, showing proof of payment...    in the end they just said, ok, you have proof you have paid, it shouldn't be an issue...   and thats where we are now... 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

That´s very easy. Just keep track on what you order and not payed for.

Typical oversimplified dumbed down response...   

We easily have a few hundred CC transactions each month...  every thing is tied to our Credit Cards...

From Grab Deliveries, taxis, Bolt, Tops delivery...  every day shopping... as well as other daily purchases.

Its impossible to keep track of it all without creating massive additional inconvenience - This is exactly was a statement is for.

If people are not getting their statement, then its an issue.

Additionally, its easy to say, yeah, pay it off every month, but some people are busier than others and fall into the habit of when the statement arrives, pay it off...    so when there is no statement, there is no trigger to make the payment. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SHA 2 BKK said:

I have one of the Citbank Credit Card accounts too.  I keep it in Credit by paying more than I used in the previous month.  Get the points but pay no interest.

Previously I was able to transfer from my Bangkok Bank Account to the Citibank Card.  I can't seem to do this anymore. 

The UOB TMR App said I needed a Deposit Account with them.  Went to UOB Branch to open said account - I have an LTR Visa.  Not Impossible but very difficult without a Work Permit.  I just don't have the patience. 

Needs letters from my Embassy or Immigration and a letter from my Thai Bank stating how much withholding tax had been paid on interest earned.  I don't have or need Term Deposit account in Thailand, so earn bugger all interest.

Anyway to cut a long story short I went over to the Bangkok Bank and withdrew a sizeable sum, dropped it on the UOB Counter and had it credited to my two cards (the missus uses the one).  The teller staff asked repeatedly why I didn't just open a deposit account, so I pulled out the long list of requirements handed to me in my previous "chat" with the Deposit Opening Lady and said "mai pen rai".

Yup... my Wife was forced to open a UOB Account just to pay off the credit card... its an extra step and not a major hassle, but it gets ridiculous...  

... at least with the CitiBank card it could be paid off directly from any bank - I'm not sure why UOB have this setup.

From the offset UOB have had far greater teething issues than expected....   its not exactly a professionally managed 'transfer' over...   

There are lots of people complaining about this.

We'd have already binned the card - but the points make it worth persevering... 

(i.e. our spend is enough to secure flight etc).

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Typical oversimplified dumbed down response...   

We easily have a few hundred CC transactions each month...  every thing is tied to our Credit Cards...

From Grab Deliveries, taxis, Bolt, Tops delivery...  every day shopping... as well as other daily purchases.

Its impossible to keep track of it all without creating massive additional inconvenience - This is exactly was a statement is for.

If people are not getting their statement, then its an issue.

Additionally, its easy to say, yeah, pay it off every month, but some people are busier than others and fall into the habit of when the statement arrives, pay it off...    so when there is no statement, there is no trigger to make the payment. 

Again, I thought the transition went pretty well, and we had over a year to get ready. The pre-switch charges and statements are (understandably) no available on the UOB app, but everything after the switch is. I like the app. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yup... my Wife was forced to open a UOB Account just to pay off the credit card... its an extra step and not a major hassle, but it gets ridiculous...  

... at least with the CitiBank card it could be paid off directly from any bank - I'm not sure why UOB have this setup.

From the offset UOB have had far greater teething issues than expected....   its not exactly a professionally managed 'transfer' over...   

There are lots of people complaining about this.

We'd have already binned the card - but the points make it worth persevering... 

(i.e. our spend is enough to secure flight etc).

You can print the statement and scan and pay with Kasikorn. 

19 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

They have a nice, big, full-service branch just past Emporium on the right coming Asoke.

That's actually their new corporate head office (690 Sukhumvit Road), not just any branch. Agree the service there is good, and modern systems and processes. 

23 minutes ago, aublumberg said:

That's actually their new corporate head office (690 Sukhumvit Road), not just any branch. Agree the service there is good, and modern systems and processes. 

The corporate office is in the building behind it. 

The coffee shop in the lobby is pretty good, if a bit pricy...

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The corporate office is in the building behind it. 

The coffee shop in the lobby is pretty good, if a bit pricy...

The coffee shop across the road is much better. 😉 

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Artis, corner Soi 18.

That's across about ten roads and a pretty good hoof. 

Nice seating? I'll have to give it a try...

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes, it´s very easy. Anything else is truly, as you say, dumbed down. You know you have something to pay, you just don´t go forget about it. That´s dumb 100%. Stop with the BS!

On 5/24/2024 at 8:55 PM, 3STTW said:

And don't get me started on the annual ~Bht4300 'membership' fee.

If you use the card 'enough' then you can just ask them to cancel the membership fee. I don't know what 'enough' is but I get the fee cancelled every time I ask. However it irritates me that I have to waste my time to ask, given that every year for more than 10 years I spend about the same on that UOB card and always get the fee cancelled.

UOB generally are pretty hopeless. My wife is going to ditch her Citi card because of the crap 'service' during this transition period. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I just got an email and a text that my UOB e-statement closed May. Opened the app. printed the statement, and then scanned and paid it with the K-Bank app. 

Anyone continuing to have issues? 

I had a Citibank credit card once. I had so many problems with them that I went into a branch in Bangkok, leaned over a desk to grab some scissors and snipped the card into pieces in front of them

2 minutes ago, Purdey said:

I had a Citibank credit card once. I had so many problems with them that I went into a branch in Bangkok, leaned over a desk to grab some scissors and snipped the card into pieces in front of them

Yeah, they've always been good to me.