Heavy rain warning issued for 35 provinces in Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

The Meteorological Department of Thailand (TMD) issued a warning for heavy rain, predicting a high probability of rainfall across 80% of the northern and central regions of Thailand, impacting 35 provinces. Bangkok is also expected to experience significant weather conditions, with risks of sudden flooding and forest runoff.

Today, May 24, the TMD forecasted the weather for the next 24 hours. The southwest monsoon currently covering the Andaman Sea, Thailand, and the Gulf of Thailand is relatively strong. Additionally, a low-pressure area is covering the central region and the Gulf of Tonkin.

This weather pattern is causing heavy rain in certain areas of Thailand. Residents in these regions are advised to be cautious of the dangers of heavy and accumulated rainfall, which could lead to sudden flooding and forest runoff. Special caution is advised for those living near mountainous slopes, water flow pathways, and low-lying areas. Travellers should also exercise extra caution when passing through areas experiencing thunderstorms.

The Andaman Sea is experiencing relatively strong winds, with the upper part of the sea having waves as high as two to three metres. In areas with thunderstorms, waves can exceed 3 metres. The TMD issued its eighth announcement, indicating which provinces will be affected by today’s heavy to very heavy rainfall.

The lower part of the Andaman Sea will have waves around one to two metres high, with thunderstorms causing waves higher than two metres. The Gulf of Thailand will see waves about 1 metre high, increasing to 1 to 2 metres in areas away from the shore, and more than 2 metres in areas with thunderstorms.

Mariners in the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand are advised to navigate with caution and avoid sailing in areas with thunderstorms. Specifically, mariners in the upper Andaman Sea should refrain from going offshore from May 24 to May 26, 2024.

Low-pressure

Additionally, a strong low-pressure area in the lower part of the Bay of Bengal is expected to intensify into a depression from May 24 to May 25, 2024, and is likely to move ashore in the northeastern part of India and Bangladesh from May 25 to May 26, 2024.

The weather forecast for Thailand from 6am today to 6am tomorrow indicates thunderstorms in 80% of the northern region, with heavy rain expected in some areas, including Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phayao, Nan, Phrae, Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Phetchabun, and Tak provinces. The temperature will range from 23-26 degrees Celsius at its lowest to 31-34 degrees Celsius at its highest, with southwesterly winds at speeds of 10-15 kilometres per hour.

The northeastern region will have thunderstorms in 70% of the area, with heavy rain expected in some provinces like Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, and Nakhon Ratchasima. Temperatures will range from 24-26 degrees Celsius at their lowest to 31-34 degrees Celsius at their highest, with southeasterly winds at speeds of 10-20 kilometres per hour.

The central region will see thunderstorms in 80% of the area, with heavy rain expected in provinces like Uthai Thani, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Sakhon, and Samut Songkhram. Temperatures will range from 24-26 degrees Celsius at their lowest to 32-35 degrees Celsius at their highest, with southwesterly winds at speeds of 10-25 kilometres per hour.

The eastern region will experience thunderstorms in 70% of the area, with heavy rain in provinces like Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi, and Trat. Temperatures will range from 25-26 degrees Celsius at their lowest to 32-34 degrees Celsius at their highest, with southwesterly winds at speeds of 15-35 kilometres per hour. The sea will have waves 1 to 2 metres high, with waves exceeding two metres in areas with thunderstorms.

The southern region (eastern coast) will have thunderstorms in 30% of the area, with heavy rain in provinces like Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, and Chumphon. Temperatures will range from 24-26 degrees Celsius at their lowest to 33-37 degrees Celsius at their highest, with southwesterly winds at speeds of 15-30 kilometres per hour.

Thunderstorms

The sea will have waves about 1 metre high, increasing to 1 to 2 metres offshore and more than 2 metres in areas with thunderstorms.

The southern region (western coast) will experience thunderstorms in 40% of the area, with heavy rain expected in Ranong province. Temperatures will range from 24-25 degrees Celsius at their lowest to 34-36 degrees Celsius at their highest.

From Ranong upwards, southwesterly winds will blow at speeds of 20-35 kilometres per hour, with waves 2 to 3 metres high and more than 3 metres in areas with thunderstorms. From Phang Nga downwards, southwesterly winds will blow at speeds of 15-35 kilometres per hour, with waves 1 to 2 metres high and more than 2 metres in areas with thunderstorms.

Bangkok and its vicinity will have thunderstorms in 70% of the area, with heavy rain in some places. Temperatures will range from 26-27 degrees Celsius at their lowest to 33-35 degrees Celsius at their highest, with southwesterly winds at speeds of 10-25 kilometres per hour.

by Nattapong Westwood 

Picture courtesy: Earth.org

Source: The Thaiger 2024-05-24

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Lovely bit of cool weather at the moment. I'm enjoying the rain too. 

I don't mind the heat but 43° is/was a bit much. 

I like this time of year. 

Likewise, the cooler days and nights are welcomed, west of Bangkok we seem to be getting a late afternoon early evening showers, not heavy but steady for a couple of hours.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

On topic ... heavy rain during rainy season ... who would have guessed.

Off topic, and peeked at 'Earth.org' for a sec, and after this headliner, (strangest ever) can't see returning to see what the site has on offer ...  image.png.adbf7afaa44716f984add6dfac7ef528.png

Is this some sort of wind -up... WTF...will they all boil to death under the weight of all that make up and sequins.....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Off topic, and peeked at 'Earth.org' for a sec, and after this headliner, (strangest ever) can't see returning to see what the site has on offer ...  image.png.adbf7afaa44716f984add6dfac7ef528.png

and yet here you are on this fact filed wonderful site full of gentle and thoughtful humans..ill take the Gays over AN members anyday...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Lovely bit of cool weather at the moment. I'm enjoying the rain too. 

I don't mind the heat but 43° is/was a bit much. 

I like this time of year. 

Agree, long live that MMCC ... it's lovely ❤️

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

The LGBTQI community wanted me to thank you for letting them live rent free in your head....says alot about you....

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Agree, long live that MMCC ... it's lovely ❤️

extreme heat and double pork cheeseburgers dont make good bedfellows.....even the sweat is trying to break thru the skin

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

and yet here you are on this fact filed wonderful site full of gentle and thoughtful humans..ill take the Gays over AN members anyday...

I agree to much of that.  Damn fun folks, though can't say the same about the minute minority crying about their imagined lack of civil rights, with exception of same sex marriage still not allowed, even in some 1st world countries.

No different than all the fun, sensible expats & tourist who enjoy life, without creating problems for the rest of us.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Why do these BBQ people constantly put themselves in the spotlight ?

who doesnt love a good BBQ???...save the burnt ends for me....dont forget about the fragile members posting that content! 🙂

2 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

The LGBTQI community wanted me to thank you for letting them live rent free in your head....says alot about you....

Doesn't say much about me, but how some things are presented on the internet.  You have to admit, tht is one silly A$$ headline.

Unless you think CC affects different folks different ways ... that would be a bit telling about you.   I really hope nobody is that ignorant or stupid.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

can't say the same about the minute minority crying about their imagined lack of civil rights,

they are too uneducated to understand the their Orange False Prophet is just grifting them for cash to pay for his felonies

How quick you are to post about gays and then jump back when someone calls you out......oh the irony!!!!

You post nonsense about gays in a article about rain then cry fowl when called out....but that what you do best..enjoy your burgers...maybe seek help about your hidden sexual identity that seems to haunt you..as per your own postings about it..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

but how some things are presented on the internet

and how odd that you just happen to "stumble" upon it and yet decide to POST it on an article about RAIN

but do go on,...keep digging!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

extreme heat and double pork cheeseburgers dont make good bedfellows.....even the sweat is trying to break thru the skin

You forgot to add the pork satay ... a little bit hung up on those 2 post, aren't you.

Move on, or come up with some better material.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

and how odd that you just happen to "stumble" upon it and yet decide to POST it on an article about RAIN

but do go on,...keep digging!

Reading comprehension .... site was linked in the OP, which I stated, and linked to.

And Trump ... really, can no thread continue without him being mentioned.

With that ... off topic enough, so why bother as suspect all will be deleted soon.

• Confused 1

Just now, Sticky Rice Balls said:

to a party of one...or other fragile old white males that feel threatened by gays........as your actions speak volumes....

You really don't read my posts, do you.   Your replies aren't even close to applicable.

Have a nice day

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

a little bit hung up on those 2 post, aren't you.

im not the one posting irrelevant articles about gays..you are but do keep deflecting YOUR actions upon me....good job

im not posting about gays,,,you are but do tell me again how im hung up on YOUR actions...you dont back up your posts if someone calls you out...you are only capable of defection..the classic go to when you have NO argument or reasoning...

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And Trump ... really, can no thread continue without him being mentioned.

YOU mentioned weak minded minorities.....im just adding to YOUR posts..keep DEFLECTING.....

every trick in your book to deflect apart from WHY you decided to post about gays.....so tired and typical...bravo

• Haha 1

Just now, Sticky Rice Balls said:

im not the one posting irrelevant articles about gays..you are but do keep deflecting YOUR actions upon me....good job

im not posting about gays,,,you are but do tell me again how im hung up on YOUR actions...you dont back up your posts if someone calls you out...you are only capable of defection..the classic go to when you have NO argument or reasoning...

I didn't post about gays, (my original post).  I posted about a silly headline.   Somehow, that went way over your head.  Then you brought your usual silliness into the thread.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

YOU mentioned weak minded minorities.....im just adding to YOUR posts..keep DEFLECTING.....

every trick in your book to deflect apart from WHY you decided to post about gays.....so tired and typical...bravo

Again, where do you come up with this crap.  I simply stated ... "minute minority crying" ... defined as a small amount of the total.   

"weak minded' ... you and 2 other posters do nothing but create things in you mind and repeat them over & over.   They're still not true, no matter how many times you repeat them.

BYE BYE

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I thought this topic was about the weather and rain?! 

So what the hell are gays, LGBGTH and WTF ever being mentioned here?

Take that crap back to your bedroom and play with it there.  I don't think the majority of members want to listen/read anymore of it.  Or start your own blog somewhere else. 

Thankyou

Edited by Korat Kiwi
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Why do these BBQ people constantly put themselves in the spotlight ?

Makes their make-up run and causes the silicon to swell, makes them stink a bit as well