Physical Altercation Between Guards and Customers on Soi 6 in Pattaya Goes Viral

webfact

2 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

It still doesn't vibe. Until I see actual photos/video of the guy in the white shirt standing vertical after the fight then I remain skeptical.

While a person involved in an event remains totally unidentified after the event then you can say anything you want about him and it remains unverifiable either way. Show me the money bruh. 

I'm not asserting anything, but when you take a step back, it is very unlikely that nobody should know where that guy is, if he is indeed hospitalized. It is beginning to look like a classic case of online hype gone viral uncontrollably. The first thing we all should have asked ourselves is "where is the ambulance", the guy didn't just vanish into thin air, with all the witnesses around. The police should have known within minutes which hospital he was in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Well actually when you think about it, there would have been an ambulance and people would know where it was headed. Probably Pattaya Memorial Hospital as it is the closest to Soi 6. In any case it would be very easy to know in which hospital he was, Pattaya is small.

Pattaya International on Soi 4 is nearest, moreso in a vehicle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Anyway, let's see where things are in 24-48 hours. I'll refrain from making any more anecdotal assumptions without clear evidence either way. Let's all just hope the guy really is alright and that some clear answers about the situation are soon released. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, sambum said:

"If it is so much better in UK I wonder why you're here???"

Not another? - Yawn!

Yep... he suffers from frequent faecal leakage of the gob....

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

The guys were badly hurt. They didn't just wander off a few minutes later and disappear without a trace. They either went to a hospital or the morgue. Then seen a couple hours later looking jolly and crossing a road? And police don't know where they are? Really? 

While it does seem highly unlikely white shirt could have walked away from this, I suppose it is possible. If he did then he should get himself checked out for bleeding on the brain, which can escalate if not detected early. 

If they did walk away from it, it might explain why nobody knows who or where they are. How can nobody know where they are if an ambulance took them away? Surely witnesses on the scene would have seen an ambulance take them away if it happened. 

If they recovered and slinked off into the sunset it would explain a few things. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

Everyone knows where he was sent to. No way they just walked off and were later spotted casually walking back to their hotel, and suddenly all 3 of them. 

If no news articles said it, the news article says the police don't know...but everyone knows...then why hasn't it been mentioned in any thread yet?  If you know, tell us which hospital he was sent to.

Because I don't know.  And noone I have talked to knows.  And the news articles don't seem to know.  And apparently the police don't know.  But everyone knows?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChumpChange said:

That video footage was likely captured before his head was used as a football and not after.

Gary shirt guy also got his shirt torn in the fight. Shirt isn't torn in the CCTV footage.

The footage was likely captured either earlier the same day or on a previous day. Police already said the white shirt guy is likely in ICU. 

Look at his shirt on the fat dude....

13 minutes ago, QuantumQuandry said:

If no news articles said it, the news article says the police don't know...but everyone knows...then why hasn't it been mentioned in any thread yet?  If you know, tell us which hospital he was sent to.

Because I don't know.  And noone I have talked to knows.  And the news articles don't seem to know.  And apparently the police don't know.  But everyone knows?

I don't know any more than what's been written in the media. But if he was taken to a hospital then he was probably thrown in a car or pickup truck and driven there quickly. And whoever arranged that would know which hospital. That's all I'm saying. And they would have shared that information with the authorities. It's also not uncommon for the authorities to withhold information from the media to protect people until an investigation is concluded. So we just need to wait. It seems Pattaya Mail will keep updating the story. And if anything has been misreported so far then the media will always later say that they were given wrong information and, thus made a mistake. 

• Like 1

Also, if the guy is in hospital in a bad way then the authorities may want to give it some time to see if he recovers before giving any updates to the media. Giving good news later and no news now is better than giving bad news now. 

I assume what everyone wants is the guys to get fixed up, look good and happy, then everyone comes down to the police station together for a happy group photo with everyone shaking hands and smiling.

That's what they want to release to the media. And that's probably what they're all hoping for. That would be good PR for the guards, police, bar owners, etc. If the guys really are OK then that's what they are likely working towards. But who knows if any of that is possible and if the guys really are OK. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The name of the bar in pink in the photo sums up the place

I thought that meant it was a place where it is ok grab 'em by the  . . .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Seppius said:

That Facebook video is them on their way out to party, look at the sky, just gone dusk. Absolutely no way they would just walk away from a beating like that as if nothing was happening, It's still a mystery

Or perhaps it's them coming home at dawn... the dudes t-shirt is ripped in the right area..

Edited by Martin71
more info

19 minutes ago, Seppius said:

That Facebook video is them on their way out to party, look at the sky, just gone dusk. Absolutely no way they would just walk away from a beating like that as if nothing was happening, It's still a mystery

The beating was at 5.26 p.m. according to the OP, so well before dusk which is about an hour later.

• Like 2

I can't blame the Brits for not wanting to involve the BIB. A trip to the station could see them possibly being charged with whatever the Thai equivalent is of affray, breach of the peace or actual bodily harm. A hotel room beats a hospital ward or a prison cell, if both those can be avoided.

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And now all those pictures of all those half naked women will go around the word.

I am sure soon the officials with complain that this ruins the image of Thailand and the beautiful family beach resort Pattaya.

I say it boosts tourism by at least 30% in the next six months

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seppius said:

Just gone dusk... Given the incident happened in the afternoon it is plausible the vid was captured after !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

In fairness, you are the one who started the whole false story on this forum that the Brits punched a Thai girl in the face and broke her nose

"This is popping up on various websites, is seems the 2 Brits got a beating by security guards after they refused to pay their 2000 baht bin and punched the girl in the nose, breaking it."

It seemed to originate from this post on another forum, so whoever Montecristo is is a complete liar, for what reason who knows

Screenshot_2024-05-26-20-00-15-155_com.facebook.katana~2.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, champers said:

Pattaya International on Soi 4 is nearest, moreso in a vehicle.

Not really relevant, they will go to the hospital where the ambulance gets paid the most, Bangkok Pattaya Hospital

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Seppius said:

Or maybe they are looking for a pharmacy to guy bandages and Motrin.

17 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

Or maybe they are looking for a pharmacy to guy bandages and Motrin.

They are crossing the intersection of Klang and second road.

Approx 1km from Soi 6, surely if the were looking for a pharmacy they would have already found one !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ChumpChange said:

Everyone knows where he was sent to. No way they just walked off and were later spotted casually walking back to their hotel, and suddenly all 3 of them. 

The 3 of them walked away.

21 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

They are crossing the intersection of Klang and second road.

Approx 1km from Soi 6, surely if the were looking for a pharmacy they would have already found one !

Maybe they did find one and now they are going to 7/11 to buy a toastie.

4 hours ago, Seppius said:

The altercation was at 5 pm, when there is plenty of daylight. 

The video is at dusk, and car headlights are turned on.