AirAsia soars to new heights: Asia’s best low-cost carrier for 2024

From the AirlineRatings website.

“AirlineRatings.com editors use 12 criteria including passenger reviews from several sources, fleet age, product offering and safety and incident rating to arrive at its Top 25 Low-Cost Airlines.

They are in alphabetical order: AirAsia Group, Air Baltic, Air Canada Rouge, Cebu Pacific, easyJet, Eurowings, FlyDubai, FlyNAS, GOL, Jetblue, Jet2, Jetstar Group, Jeju Air, Norwegian, Peach, Ryanair, Scoot, Spicejet, Suncountry, Southwest, Transavia, Vietjet, Volotea, Vueling, WizzAir.

AirlineRatings.com has also chosen regional winners for its low-cost airline’s Top 25.

They are: Best Low-Cost Airlines are; Americas – Southwest, Middle East – FlyDubai, Asia – AirAsia Group, Australia/Pacific – Jetstar Group and Europe – easyJet.”

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/airlineratings-com-top-25-low-cost-airlines-for-2024/

This is AirAsia safety ratings.

IMG_3030.jpeg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Beats me how an airline with no customer service, no offices, no humans to talk to and no contact details,

that still owe me a business return business class from Australia's they have cancelled the flight without warning,

the only way to contact them is by a bot/machine, that answer you and than dismisses your query if you didn't

conformed to his software algorithm can do so well while lots of complaints are out there on the social media,

I for one, will never fly with them ever again and will discourage others from flying with them...

Same here. They still owe me about 11,000 baht. Their booking system doesn't accept their vouchers, and my card-issuing bank doesn't let me book on their website. There is virtually no customer service, and their staff is incompetent (even at their head office in KL). Not to mention frequent flight cancellations with no refunds...

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Good news - my favourite regional airline. Pre-Covid and now, I used/use Air Asia's "Fly-Thru" services. When I lived in Thailand, from Khon Kaen to Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Burma (pre Junta). Now I live in Cambodia, from Siem Reap to destinations in Thailand. Easy to book and pay (debit card) for tickets via the internet on my personal computer. Excellent wheel chair service. I have never experienced any problems such as flight cancellations. As a "frequent flyer" I am often upgraded to a "red seat" for free!. I always recommend Air Asia.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

the only way to contact them is by a bot/machine, that answer you and than dismisses your query if you didn't

Did you call 862066618855 or 603-866000070 ?

There also appears to be an urgent help contact Talk to Allstar through the AirAsia MOVE app.

19 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Did you call 862066618855 or 603-866000070 ?

There also appears to be an urgent help contact Talk to Allstar through the AirAsia MOVE app.

Are you sure about these phone numbers? are the local numbers or in another country?

if so what are the country code and what are the real phone numbers?...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I stopped using Air Asia a few years ago after two consecutively cancelled flights. Air Asia is no longer among the cheapest. I had a credit with them expiring soon and had to pay 8,000 Baht for two return tickets from Bangkok to Phuket including 2x20 kg luggage in September.

Edited by Xonax

Last year I flew BKK-MEL with them business class, but they have ceased flying to Melb and cancelled my return trip,

and the only way to use my credit (no money back only credit) is to fly to SYD and make my way to Melb which

i don't want to do, so i guess i lost the 22,000 baht credit now..

• Sad 1

On 5/30/2024 at 11:52 AM, StayinThailand2much said:

Not to mention frequent flight cancellations with no refunds...

VietJet also re-time and cancel frequently. The options are to cancel or select a different flight. We should be entitled to a full refund not time limited credit against future bookings. I note that www.trip.com now charge a fee for changing or cancelling 'adjusted' (automatically rebooked) flights.

I fly BKK ~ HKG and AA are ALWAYS more expensive (or equal to) Emirates, who I fly with 99% of the time.

And EK provide 30kg baggage (although cheaper options are available ),  nice roomy A380 aircraft, inflight entertainment, food, wine and beer.......ON TIME !

Why would I choose Air Asia over Emirates ???