Voting in UK election by post impossible?

Out of interest I thought I would register for a postal vote since they uplifted the 15 years absence block from voting before.

I got accepted but was told the mail won't be sent from by area to vote until at least 21-June when all the names on the voter ballot are obliged to be in and listed. So whats the point in having international postal voting as the package wont' even arrive in Thailand before the election let alone give one time to return it?

Hamus, I wouldnt loose any sleep over it. Looks like Labour are going to win the Election easily. Alot of people arent taking into that Covid, the Ukraine War and inflation was out of the Conservatives control, plus people are sick of Sunak and Hunt. 2 rich little boys who are totally out of touch with real people. One other point Sunak wife is a tax dodger.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Out of interest I thought I would register for a postal vote since they uplifted the 15 years absence block from voting before.

I got accepted but was told the mail won't be sent from by area to vote until at least 21-June when all the names on the voter ballot are obliged to be in and listed. So whats the point in having international postal voting as the package wont' even arrive in Thailand before the election let alone give one time to return it?

The last time that I tried a postal vote was for Brexit.  The papers arrived ONE DAY before the time limit for the return.  No chance, even using EMS or a courier service.  Complete waste of time.

• Like 1