Steven Seagal’s Acting Career Reaches New Low with Kremlin Speech

image.png

"Ukraine was known for human trafficking, organ trafficking, narco-trafficking, child sex trafficking, biochemical warfare labs, fascism, and Nazism. And these are the things that we still try to make them our brothers," Seagal said.

In a bizarre twist for his once-celebrated career, B-list action star Steven Seagal has taken his affinity for Russian politics to new, awkward heights. During a Kremlin event on Thursday, Seagal delivered a stilted and disjointed speech in which he parroted Kremlin propaganda and conspiracy theories about Ukraine, under the approving gaze of Vladimir Putin.

Seagal, who gained fame for his roles in action films like *Under Siege*, appeared as the Kremlin’s special diplomatic representative to the United States. His speech, given on the occasion of receiving the Order of Friendship from Putin, was laden with outlandish claims about Ukraine’s involvement in various forms of trafficking and biowarfare. Seagal’s performance was less convincing than his action movie roles, as he read from a prepared script with the enthusiasm of someone reading a cereal box.

In his monotone delivery, Seagal urged the audience to “come together and fight for truth and justice” against what he termed Nazi propaganda. He then rattled off a list of accusations against Ukraine, alleging human trafficking, organ trafficking, narco trafficking, child sex trafficking, and bio-chemical warfare labs. He went on to lament that despite these supposed atrocities, Russia still tried to make Ukraine its “brothers.”

“The war that we are currently embroiled in was started and financed by the West, and has come to involve the entire world in the fight against good and evil,” Seagal stated clumsily, his words mirroring the Kremlin’s narrative.

Seagal’s association with Putin is not new. In 2016, he was granted Russian citizenship by the president, and in 2018, he was appointed as a special envoy to improve humanitarian relations between Russia and the United States, particularly in cultural and artistic fields. However, it remains unclear what tangible accomplishments Seagal has achieved in this role, as he appears to function more as an enthusiastic supporter of Putin than as an effective diplomat.

Seagal’s relationship with Putin extends beyond official titles. At Putin’s recent swearing-in ceremony for his fifth term, Seagal lauded the Russian leader, telling reporters, “He’s the greatest world leader, he’s the greatest.”

This latest speech marks a significant departure from Seagal’s Hollywood career, showcasing his deep entanglement in Russian politics and his role in promoting the Kremlin’s contentious viewpoints. While his action movies may still hold a nostalgic charm for fans, Seagal’s current endeavors reflect a curious and controversial chapter in his life, far removed from the cinematic heroism that once defined his public persona.

"Ukraine was known for human trafficking, organ trafficking, narco-trafficking, child sex trafficking, biochemical warfare labs, fascism, and Nazism. And these are the things that we still try to make them our brothers," 

Credit: Daily Beast 2024-06-01

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Was his speech part of a movie? Otherwise, what has it to do with his acting career?

I don't see any difference between that and other actors like De Niro that spout garbage, because they think people care about them outside their movies- poor deluded numpties ( IMO ).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

in 80s he was pretty cool with those Nikko (not sure) movies. Than things went banana. 

what strikes is for almost a decade in Mother Russia he didn't learn rusky language and shamefully read from the smartphone. Early Alzheimer? An actor who can't memorize a paragraph of text? O-lilly?

and the outfit. that was priceless! 

things they are changing indeed (((

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

in 80s he was pretty cool with those Nikko (not sure) movies. Than things went banana. 

what strikes is for almost a decade in Mother Russia he didn't learn rusky language and shamefully read from the smartphone. Early Alzheimer? An actor who can't memorize a paragraph of text? O-lilly?

and the outfit. that was priceless! 

things they are changing indeed (((

Could be all those bad dye jobs soaked into his brain.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Waiting for Under Siege 3 where chief Ryback turns rogue.

Waiting for Under Siege 3 where chief Ryback turns rogue  into someone who can act...

(I know I changed your post but... twas nought but a mere jest)

Edited by Martin71
grammer

on the second thought: who cares? he was popular back than and many friends of mine joined asian martial arts clubs. aikido is great, healthy life style is great and this is his life. he is harmless and funny. Putin likes martial arts, he likes that super fat french dude Gerard D., he likes Monson >>>> so what?

I mean that cubanian Rubio is way bigger threat to the world then these cute bunch of retired stars.

PS: I still love to see Nikko's movie again (what was the real name?) 

11 hours ago, 0james0 said:

Patriot? 5! The guy is a complete kook wingnut irrelevant. Please don’t confuse American Patriot with American communists.

De Niro USED to be a talented actor. Now he makes garbage like The war with Grandpa.

So full of hatred he's likely to have a stroke. Did Trump disparage him or something?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Kinnock said:

When was Seagal promoted to the B list?  I must have missed that movie.

You think there is an organisation that allocates actors to some "list", LOL.

Segal never tried to make Oscar winners ( though some of his movies were IMO probably better than the garbage that occasionally wins a little statue ).

Enjoyable as a way to pass the time, nothing more.

I'm so sick of actors that believe their own publicity and imagine that they are important.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, NativeBob said:

on the second thought: who cares? he was popular back than and many friends of mine joined asian martial arts clubs. aikido is great, healthy life style is great and this is his life. he is harmless and funny. Putin likes martial arts, he likes that super fat french dude Gerard D., he likes Monson >>>> so what?

I mean that cubanian Rubio is way bigger threat to the world then these cute bunch of retired stars.

PS: I still love to see Nikko's movie again (what was the real name?) 

He was a dick then and remains a bigger one today. Total loon tune and horrible person. A bully to other actors on set and a useless martial artist. Now he's getting older he's a useful idiot to Putin and an even worse martial artist. This from 6 years ago, it would be hard to beat such a staged display but I bet he can if he was to do one today.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

You live OS, years go by, then decades … like sands through the hourglass. You miss big moments. Somehow I missed this, Maybe I can find a copy on E Bay. A man of many talents. 

662fc913-da19-4a1e-9cfa-50ff2eadd0af.jpg

• Haha 1