Is there a "Plan B" if we are declared "not fit to fly"?

11 hours ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

How do you know you're not also on the "not fit to bus" or "not fit to cruise" lists?

Why can you be denied boarding?

This includes for reasons of health, safety or security, or inadequate travel documentation. So, for example, it is reasonable for an airline to deny boarding if the passenger does not have a valid passport or, where required, the correct paperwork to prove a negative Covid test.

13 hours ago, CHdiver said:

Belgium is a small country. It would not have been a problem to just hop over the border to say the Nederlande and fly from there. Or have you been banned from all EU Airports? Then jump into the train to Switzerland or Brexitstan.

Did you made this post from your barstool n Pattaya at Soi 6?

Making a hop over the border would have been a BIG PROBLEM FOR ME.
I was recovering in the hospital from a recent OPEN-HART surgery and was lucky to get a taxi to the Brussels airport.
Go on border-hopping was totally out of the question at that time.
And jumping on a train to "Brexistan" was also totally out of the question at that time.
How was I supposed to go buy a railway ticket or all these Mumbo-Jumbo your are brabbling from your barstool from my hospital bed?

What you tell us is utter gobledigock. There are hundreds of patients every day that will not be able to fly for some days after an operation. They all will not be reported to any Airlines or Airports. 

Exactly, what an utter gobledigock you are brabbling from your barstool in a bar in Pattaya at Soi 6.

However it's the Doctor's responsibility to tell you that you should not fly for a given time. But that is just to protect him legally. Of course if you turn up at the check in with a wheel chair covered in bandages and a drip, they will not let you fly without the ok of a Doctor.

Did you find that out with the help of the bargirl in Pattaya?

And finally, to take responsiblility for diverting a flight, you would have to have very deep pockets. How did you prove that? Putting one million USD on the table? So your story is utter nonsense imho. 

yes, you are brabbling utter nonsense.
But you knew that already, or not?

On 6/1/2024 at 8:25 PM, Confuscious said:
On 6/1/2024 at 7:48 PM, george said:

Blacklisted at all airlines?? Sounds impossible. Could you elaborate on who did this "blacklisting" and where was it done?

This has nothing to do with the op.

If you are interested in the topic "blacklist"you can start your own thread 

You may need to wind your neck in a bit!   He can do whatever the fck he wants to do on here.

I have once been wheelchaired to the departure gate in Bangkok and so has my son. If you able to hop or totter.to your seat no problem. But you also see people wheelchaired on to the plane itself, although I assume by prior arrangement. As lomg as death or medical attention is not required, no problem.

The old lady mentioned in the earlier thread may have only tequired assistance. Actually, getting to the UK would be the  least of her problems unless their was family to take her in at the airport.

On 6/4/2024 at 4:28 PM, Confuscious said:
On 6/4/2024 at 2:33 AM, CHdiver said:

Belgium is a small country. It would not have been a problem to just hop over the border to say the Nederlande and fly from there. Or have you been banned from all EU Airports? Then jump into the train to Switzerland or Brexitstan.

Did you made this post from your barstool n Pattaya at Soi 6?

I was recovering in the hospital from a recent OPEN-HART surgery and was lucky to get a taxi to the Brussels airport.
And jumping on a train to "Brexistan" was also totally out of the question at that time.
How was I supposed to go buy a railway ticket or all these Mumbo-Jumbo your are brabbling from your barstool from my hospital bed?

By your own admission you are so unfit to travel you would not take on the 2 hour 2 minute road journey from Belgium to Amsterdam after recovering from Open Heart Surgery - but want to take a 12 hour flight to Bangkok?

Are you sure they didn't thrown in a lobotomy too ?

What you tell us is utter gobledigock. There are hundreds of patients every day that will not be able to fly for some days after an operation. They all will not be reported to any Airlines or Airports. 

Exactly, what an utter gobledigock you are brabbling from your barstool in a bar in Pattaya at Soi 6.

However it's the Doctor's responsibility to tell you that you should not fly for a given time. But that is just to protect him legally. Of course if you turn up at the check in with a wheel chair covered in bandages and a drip, they will not let you fly without the ok of a Doctor.

Did you find that out with the help of the bargirl in Pattaya?

And finally, to take responsiblility for diverting a flight, you would have to have very deep pockets. How did you prove that? Putting one million USD on the table? So your story is utter nonsense imho. 

yes, you are brabbling utter nonsense.
But you knew that already, or not?

I'm still at a loss as to how the Airline knew you were unfit to fly... but, it seems, going back to your earlier 'short tempered comments'...  (clipped and highlighted below)...    You were clearly in no condition to travel anywhere, let alone in no condition to fly anywhere.

So.... How did the Airlie know you were unfit to fly ?... If a few hours in a taxi or on a train is too much for you to handle,  My guess is that the airline staff took one look at you and realised you were unfit to fly.

I was recovering in the hospital from a recent OPEN-HART surgery.
How was I supposed to go buy a railway ticket.

34 minutes ago, rickudon said:

I have once been wheelchaired to the departure gate in Bangkok and so has my son. If you able to hop or totter.to your seat no problem. But you also see people wheelchaired on to the plane itself, although I assume by prior arrangement. As lomg as death or medical attention is not required, no problem.

The old lady mentioned in the earlier thread may have only tequired assistance. Actually, getting to the UK would be the  least of her problems unless their was family to take her in at the airport.

Same, this year...   Injured a few days before travel.. E-mailed Thai Airways... got nothing, called Thai Airways, put in holding for way too long.  Wife ended up pulling strings and contacting a friend in TG.

We got the Wheel chair service as soon as I'd arrived at the check-in area - through to the gate, then used crutches. 

The same getting off the flight in Bangkok.

I think one of the primary issues is that we can exit the plane in an emergency under our own power - clearly using crutches or hopping showed this.

If I'm not wrong, depending on the size of plane and number of crew only certain limits of impaired passengers are permitted - i.e. only 10 deaf people  / 10 blind people etc and they need to be travelling with able bodied people etc (or some such similar requirement - I think its down to FIA regulations).

• Confused 1