What does the average British expat think of Tommy?

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, two horrendous people, but what do they have to do with the thread topic ? 

What does this story have to do with Tommy Robinson ?

Pretending to be totally naive is not a good look.

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Is there any connection between Tommy Robinson and these two guys ?

I believe that the answer to that question is a No 

The answer is yes........

Figures like Tommy Robinson, who has gained notoriety for his racist rhetoric and far-right views, contribute to an environment that can permit, encourage, or incite racist attacks by normalizing hate speech and framing entire communities as threats. 

Through his inflammatory language and actions, he reinforces negative stereotypes about minority groups often linking them to crime.

This kind of messaging can embolden individuals with racist or xenophobic tendencies, making them feel justified in targeting certain groups. By portraying his views as a defense of free speech or national identity, Robinson and others like him create a space where bigotry is more socially acceptable, encouraging some to act on these prejudices, whether through verbal abuse or physical violence.

Whilst he may deny direct responsibility, the rhetoric he promotes helps foster a climate where racist attacks become more likely.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Figures like Tommy Robinson, who has gained notoriety for his racist rhetoric and far-right views, contribute to an environment that can permit, encourage, or incite racist attacks by normalizing hate speech and framing entire communities as threats. 

Through his inflammatory language and actions, he reinforces negative stereotypes about minority groups often linking them to crime.

This kind of messaging can embolden individuals with racist or xenophobic tendencies, making them feel justified in targeting certain groups. By portraying his views as a defense of free speech or national identity, Robinson and others like him create a space where bigotry is more socially acceptable, encouraging some to act on these prejudices, whether through verbal abuse or physical violence.

Whilst he may deny direct responsibility, the rhetoric he promotes helps foster a climate where racist attacks become more likely.

I guess only a racist would find this statement funny.

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I don't recall Tommy ever speaking out against Black people , his forte is Muslim grooming gangs . 

Racist rhetoric that nobody can give an example of, only the brainwashed believe this MSM nonsense

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I don't recall Tommy ever speaking out against Black people , his forte is Muslim grooming gangs . 

Where does it say anything about black people?

This is about him encouraging racism.

I trust you are not trying to defend Robinson on the grounds that he only attacks Muslims??????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, proton said:

Racist rhetoric that nobody can give an example of, only the brainwashed believe this MSM nonsense

So Hitler adopts a jewish kid and it absolves him from anything to do with the holocaust....grow up.

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

I trust you are not trying to defend Robinson on the grounds that he only attacks Muslims??????

I don't follow Tommy's speeches , can you give any examples of him encouraging racism ?

I am not defending Tommy at all, but there's no connection between Tommys views on Muslim grooming gangs and a racist attack on a Black man 

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I don't follow Tommy's speeches , can you give any examples of him encouraging racism ?

I am not defending Tommy at all, but there's no connection between Tommys views on Muslim grooming gangs and a racist attack on a Black man 

No....CBA

So Hitler adopts a jewish kid and it absolves him from anything to do with the holocaust....grow up.

So in that equation,  Tommy Robinson is Hitler and the Sikhs are Jewish kids and the attack on the Black man is the Holocaust ?

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

“We’re being taken over. It’s an invasion. 

“These people are backward savages, and they are trying to enforce their way of life on us.”

"The reality is there is a war being waged and we need to wake up to it.”

The generalizations and inflammatory language in his statements can incite hostility promoting racism and social division.

On 6/2/2024 at 1:36 PM, Kinok Farang said:

This is mostly for the Brits on here but lesser nations can join in too.

We have had a rather stormy couple of months here in Thailand but this question is about what is happening at home.

What does the average Brit here think of Tommy Robinson?There doesn't seem to be any middle ground with him.You either love him or hate him.

I'm writing this because on 1stJune he organised a massive peaceful protest in London which was a huge success without any trouble at all but the MSM either refused to acknowledge it or reported it as right wing football supporters.

I like the guy.Yes he is rough round the edges but was first in the firing line with the grooming gang scandal when all others turned a blind eye.

Oh,Tommy Tommy.

Tommy Tommy Tommy Robinson.

Total bigot who has lots of useful idiots following him who are making him richer.

• Love It 1

16 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

“We’re being taken over. It’s an invasion. 

“These people are backward savages, and they are trying to enforce their way of life on us.”

"The reality is there is a war being waged and we need to wake up to it.”

The generalizations and inflammatory language in his statements can incite hostility promoting racism and social division.

This attack wasn't racially motivated , the case wasn't prosecuted under a racially motivated crime and the car drivers had previously attacked a White man a few days previously , again with their car 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

This attack wasn't racially motivated , the case wasn't prosecuted under a racially motivated crime and the car drivers had previously attacked a White man a few days previously , again with their car 

Okay

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Never mind Hitler who did not adopt anyone, give us an example of Tommy's so called racist rhetoric. Being anti mass Immigration, rape gangs and islamisation has nothing to do with racism. People who tell others to grow up rarely have any evidence for their lies.

Edited by proton

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

first you claim racist rhetoric now that he encourages racism, when was this and how?

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Most on the far right are Islamophobic.  My mother only decided she liked Jewish people when she found out they killed Muslims.  Devout member of the Hang'em & Flog'em brigade since 1955.  I have heard all far-right fascist lunacies prior to her death.  I doubt Satan will let her into Hell.

59 minutes ago, MarkBR said:

Most on the far right are Islamophobic.  My mother only decided she liked Jewish people when she found out they killed Muslims.  Devout member of the Hang'em & Flog'em brigade since 1955.  I have heard all far-right fascist lunacies prior to her death.  I doubt Satan will let her into Hell.

Most sensible people fear islam it's not a phobia, muslims made over 7 thousand attacks worldwide since 7/11 more than 48k attacks since 1979 killing hundreds of thousands, the list does not even include Thailand!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

37 minutes ago, proton said:

Most sensible people fear islam it's not a phobia, muslims made over 7 thousand attacks worldwide since 7/11 more than 48k attacks since 1979 killing hundreds of thousands, the list does not even include Thailand!

7001 now,just read about a Syrian refugee in Germany,injuring 22 people in Essan i think.

We are at war and won't admit it.

4 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

7001 now,just read about a Syrian refugee in Germany,injuring 22 people in Essan i think.

Oh please there's no need to be Islamophobic

These people bring us  cultural enrichment and harmony 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, proton said:

Do you have a comparison of Islamic terrorist attacks versus Fundamental Christian attacks?

6 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Do you have any reason to believe that the story was true? How much fact checking did you do before you repeated it?