Trembling Thief's Heist Fails at Ratchaburi Gold Shop

ชิงทอง6.jpg

Picture courtesy: 77kaoded

Yesterday evening, a nervous young man attempted a gold heist at a bustling department store in Ratchaburi. His attempt to steal a single gold necklace fell apart due to his shaky nerves, leading to his eventual capture by police.

Lieutenant Pramarn Plathong of Mueang Ratchaburi Police Station reported the incident, which occurred around 6 pm. The suspect, 22-year-old Korawit, entered the gold shop disguised as a potential customer.

Wearing a pink hoodie and long jeans, he left his black Yamaha Filano motorcycle parked outside the store. The vehicle's license plate, 2กฆ 7852 Ratchaburi, was a key detail noted by observant witnesses.

As Korawit inspected the jewellery, staff members noticed his hands trembling. Becoming increasingly suspicious, they attempted to secure the gold items. Sensing the staff's unease and realising his imminent discovery, Korawit snatched a gold necklace weighing 1 baht and fled the shop.

Rachen Piwpeuak, the head security guard, witnessed Korawit's hasty departure. "I tried to stop him, but he managed to escape. I chased him into the forest but only found his hoodie," Rachen recounted.

In response, the police quickly organised search teams. The chase eventually led them near a riverbank where they found Korawit hiding. He was arrested and brought back to the scene for a re-enactment of the crime as part of his confession.

Korawit was subsequently processed and charged. This incident, now a topic of local conversation, highlights the community's quick thinking and effective police work, transforming a potentially alarming situation into a story of justice served.

The store's staff and customers have expressed relief that the thief was swiftly apprehended, marvelling at how a mix of keen observation and quick action can thwart even the most daring crimes.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-03

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

His attempt to steal a single gold necklace fell apart due to his shaky nerves, leading to his eventual capture by police.

As Korawit inspected the jewellery, staff members noticed his hands trembling. Becoming increasingly suspicious, they attempted to secure the gold items.

Amateur hour.

Wearing a pink hoodie and long jeans, he left his black Yamaha Filano motorcycle parked outside the store. The vehicle's license plate, 2กฆ 7852 Ratchaburi

Not the sharpest tool in the box. Great disguise, a pink hoodie, and using his own bike as a getaway vehicle which he left parked outside the shop.

Reminds me of the guy who set up the illegal IPTV streaming service using an offshore account linked to an untraceable nominee director offshore company then ordered loads of AV equipment for his house and had frequent Pizzas delivered there addressed to himself using its Paypal.

As Einstein said.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know of a department store in Ratchburi next to a jungle.  It must be BigC though because it is close to the Mae Klong river.