Thai lifeguards nab American phone thief at Kata Beach

webfact

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Consequently, he (the American) was charged under Section 378 of the Criminal Law for causing disturbance in public while intoxicated,

As the result of "trumped up" charges??

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, watchcat said:

A rather dark individual in the yellow t-shirt-thai ?

Tell me, if you were a beach life-guard in LOS, what colour do you think you would be........?

Plus, you got the daft post of the day award..........:coffee1:

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He probably knew that, which is why he didn't try to flee. If he had, he'd have suffered a Thai five on one beating.

head for the water and hope the thais cant swim! 🙂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

I doubt if they would have needed five Thais for this punk. 
The woman nearly took care of him herself.

And these Thais can fight, as shown by the way they handled those much larger British hooligans last week in Pattaya. 
The national sport in Thailand is Muay Tai. Like boxing but elbows, feet and knees also allowed.

Wow! You managed to shoehorn in yet another dig at Brits somehow on a totally unrelated topic. You really are a sad, sad individual. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

head for the water and hope the thais cant swim! 🙂

They were lifeguards so I hope they can swim otherwise they will need to be rescued when doing rescues.

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)

The passengers on the mayflower were not convicts they were a mixture of english and dutch religious puritans who wanted to break away from the church of england and a start a colony in america,and thats how its spelt by the way,sorry ignore this post and see below it was meant to be a reply

Edited by cookie1974

16 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Amerikkans = convicted Brits.

Same same
Remember the Mayflower

The passengers on the mayflower were not convicts they were a mixture of english and dutch religious puritans who wanted to break away from the church of england and start a colony in the new world of america,and thats how its spelt by the way

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What about him?

Aabsolutely nothing, I was just commenting on the guys skin colour of the idividual, is thiis against the law ?

On 6/4/2024 at 7:48 PM, Docno said:

Should have been, she was "holding on for dear life" ☺️

Yeah! That is how some people feel about their phones! Like their entire existence depends on their phone! I sure would love to see a Monty Python sketch revolving around the insanity of how people's very meaning of life seems to be dependent on their phones.

6 hours ago, watchcat said:
On 6/5/2024 at 1:28 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

What about him?

Aabsolutely nothing, I was just commenting on the guys skin colour of the idividual, is thiis against the law ?

"I was just commenting on the guys skin colour..."

Did I say that such a fatuous observation was illegal?

Even though the owner of the phone got it back the fact remains the American stole the phone and had intentions getting away with it to possibly sell it.Make an example of him and fine him 10,000 baht and or 1 month inside

Stealing is unexceptable.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The whole story sound a bit odd, drunk American steal phone on the beach, then hang around for the girl to get hold of his short like that....! Then police not press charges...!? 

I bet there was more to it, I bet it was the expensive phone he bought for her the week before, and before being dumped, so drinking his sorrows saw her and think, dam at least I get my present back...!!! More plausible how she was so familiar with his short...! 😜

3 hours ago, Agusts said:

I bet there was more to it, I bet it was the expensive phone he bought for her the week before, and before being dumped, so drinking his sorrows saw her and think, dam at least I get my present back...!!! More plausible how she was so familiar with his short...! 😜

This sounds very plausible - I would certainly trust your "guess" rather than many of the "facts" in most of the news stories on here.

On 6/5/2024 at 12:03 AM, Nemises said:

Is it really worth stealing phones these days? My phone needs a 6 digit passcode to unlock it (3 attempts allowed); has it’s location shown on another device; I can immediately disable it on another device; needs my Apple ID to work again if they factory reset it (3 attempts allowed). In other words it’s useless to them and they risk getting caught if they turn it on making its location visible. 

If ever stolen, all data is reinstalled onto my new phone via the daily automated Cloud backup. 

Is that all it does? Don't make you a cup of tea in the morning then...?

• Sad 1

On 6/5/2024 at 6:36 AM, simon43 said:

The lifeguards should have given the thief a good kicking - physical punishment is remembered more than a financial penalty.  (I hate thieves...)

Sure should have  !

Ive acquaintances who rent bikes and it seems by far the most non returns and damage left unpaid for is  by young American boys. One even traded his rental to Motocye  taxi men  for drugs !

Whatever , most of them have an , "Im the customer so Im always right" attitude... real PITA s.